+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
Whocares said:
This bill will not pass...I said it months ago....The rejection of this bill, will give the conservatives millions of new votes in the next election. If you live in Canada, you would know how the Canadians hate Justin because of the huge numbers of refugees ... This is my opinion. Whether you like it or not.
refugees will never leave canada ;D ;)

We love Trudeau

we will always vote for liberals 8)

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
omss said:
“I feel compelled to bring this amendment because citizenship is a foundation of all other rights in this country,” said Sen. Omidvar. She noted that although she hopes her Senate colleagues and the government will accept the amendment, she’s not ruling out the idea of introducing her own bill to address the concern if it’s not accepted. However, she added that passing it as an element of government legislation “is a far better way to go.”

http://www.hilltimes.com/2017/03/02/amending-govt-citizenship-bill-necessary-says-senate-sponsor-bill-c-6-omidvar/98340

omivdar gonna try to introduce the amendment in third reading if she can t she gonna introduce her own bill
They will accept it, but it would be better to pass it into another bill, let them finish this one

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whocares said:
This bill will not pass...I said it months ago....The rejection of this bill, will give the conservatives millions of new votes in the next election. If you live in Canada, you would know how the Canadians hate Justin because of the huge numbers of refugees ... This is my opinion. Whether you like it or not.
Will you please go away. Take your bitterness somewhere else.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
razerblade said:
Have you been following this bill at all ? It made it through the senate, only 3rd reading is left. Can you provide any facts/proofs/sources behind your "This bill will not pass" future certainty besides your personal opinion ?

Curious what you're doing on this thread if you don't care for this bill ? Just bored or trolling ?
While I am completely against Whocares comment, but regardless how far a bill advanced, it still has a 50/50 chance of being rejected in the senate at third reading. The senate can bring in amendments (f any kind even small) that the HoC will reject. I imagine that a majority government will not accept any amendments advanced by a non-elected house. It is just a legal game in the hands of politicians and it would be wise not to consider this bill as a win right until the governor general signs it.

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Saga said:
While I am completely against Whocares comment, but regardless how far a bill advanced, it still has a 50/50 chance of being rejected in the senate at third reading. The senate can bring in amendments (f any kind even small) that the HoC will reject. I imagine that a majority government will not accept any amendments advanced by a non-elected house. It is just a legal game in the hands of politicians and it would be wise not to consider this bill as a win right until the governor general signs it.
I would have said you might be right BUT, Senator Omidvar said that if the admendments are rejected by the HoC, they will pass Bill C-6 as is, and Senator Omidvar will start later on a "S-" Bill just for that addition.

tyl92 said:
no she just got it wrong with the numbers since on one of her posts she said the committee is done with the bill and is back to the chamber and c16 is not even dealt with at the committee yet
No, she didn't get the numbers wrong. She was talking about C-16 and the LGBT people which is at committee, yes.
I pasted the link in my previous post......
Here it is AGAIN: Bill C-16: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8269852

monalisa said:
refugees will never leave canada ;D ;)
We love Trudeau
we will always vote for liberals 8)
Don't count me in this.
Bill C-6 makes sense, yes.
But on other subjects like the economy, the liberals are very good at wasting money.
I'm a middle of the road kind of person.
Sometimes the left is more correct than the right and sometimes it's the opposite.
There is a right balance to find.

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
admontreal said:
Pro-franco-WHITE-skilled workers I would say. But I agree with you, it's a joke :)
I live in Quebec and while I think we need to provide equal rights to everybody regardless of where they come from, it is kind of hard and impractical for anyone to live here if he/she has no notion of French. It is not only a spoken language but a culture of the province and authorities over here seek people who are compatible with the French culture first and foremost.
I don't think at all that Quebec provides preference for Whites as this province, especially Montreal is highly diverse with people from Africa, Haiti, Middle East, even India and other parts of the world. A small walk on St. Catherines street shows you the beautiful diversity we have that was predominantly made available by immigration

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
MarceauBletard said:
I would have said you might be right BUT, Senator Omidvar said that if the admendments are rejected by the HoC, they will pass Bill C-6 as is, and Senator Omidvar will start later on a "S-" Bill just for that addition.
I am too speculative of politics and prefer to see the actual signature before confirming actual process. Anything can happen as long as the bill is in discussion and none of us over here is aware of the negotiations happening behind closed doors and under tables between liberals and conservatives to pass each others bills of interest.

So Omidvar can say whatever she wants (she said numerous times on Twitter in the past that second reading will be over by day X only to see thing stalling far further), the safest speculation if when governor general signs it.

Also note that even if it is signed tomorrow, there are no guarantees at all which of its articles will be implemented first. It will take the government considerable time to prepare itself. So I am hopeful but cautious

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Saga said:
I am too speculative of politics and prefer to see the actual signature before confirming actual process. Anything can happen as long as the bill is in discussion and none of us over here is aware of the negotiations happening behind closed doors and under tables between liberals and conservatives to pass each others bills of interest.

So Omidvar can say whatever she wants (she said numerous times on Twitter in the past that second reading will be over by day X only to see thing stalling far further), the safest speculation if when governor general signs it.

Also note that even if it is signed tomorrow, there are no guarantees at all which of its articles will be implemented first. It will take the government considerable time to prepare itself. So I am hopeful but cautious
If you just want facts and signatures, why are you on the forum.
There is only 1 page you need then, this one: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Mode=1&billId=8117654&Language=E

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saga said:
I live in Quebec and while I think we need to provide equal rights to everybody regardless of where they come from, it is kind of hard and impractical for anyone to live here if he/she has no notion of French. It is not only a spoken language but a culture of the province and authorities over here seek people who are compatible with the French culture first and foremost.
I don't think at all that Quebec provides preference for Whites as this province, especially Montreal is highly diverse with people from Africa, Haiti, Middle East, even India and other parts of the world. A small walk on St. Catherines street shows you the beautiful diversity we have that was predominantly made available by immigration
I have been living in Montreal for a long time. Although I agree with all you said in terms of diversity and necessity to provide equal chances to everybody, I unfortunately disagree on the preference aspect. The government and the administrative process may not favor white european immigrants, which is great, but what I was referring to was more professional and social. The acceptation and preference is clear when you look at the key positions in French Canadian corporations, and in most of the social gatherings where I had the chance to go to, the non-white immigrant will always need to work harder to be 'accepted', even if he/she speaks perfect French (it helps a lot though) or is very talented. I don't want to open a can of worms here and create an un-necessary debate, but I am stating an opinion based on facts, from my own observations and stories from fellow immigrants from African or Middle Eastern background.

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
MarceauBletard said:
No, she didn't get the numbers wrong. She was talking about C-16 and the LGBT people which is at committee, yes.
I pasted the link in my previous post......
Here it is AGAIN: Bill C-16: http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8269852
Don't count me in this.
Bill C-6 makes sense, yes.
But on other subjects like the economy, the liberals are very good at wasting money.
I'm a middle of the road kind of person.
Sometimes the left is more correct than the right and sometimes it's the opposite.
There is a right balance to find.
c16 not yet discussed in committee she meant c6 ;)

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Any way as I mentioned in an earlier post too, everyone knew that this amendment was coming. There might have been unofficial discussion between the Libs and Cons. So lets hope that everything will be smooth next week.

Here is an old tweet of Linda Frum

In reply to kady o'malley
Senator Linda Frum Verified account ‏@LindaFrum Nov 17

@kady That depends. For example, Minister McCallum has requested an amendment to Bill C6.
2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes