+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-24 Second Reading on February 27th:

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kevikennedy said:
This chatboard is clearly for those individuals who are affected by the immigration law changes, and they come here to share and discuss information, to try and be reassured and help each other along during a very stressful time.

Yet you regularly enter into this conversation in a completely non-supportive fashion. Why do you feel this need to do this?
Really? Because it seems like this thread is full of people who are not sharing information, but merely whining and complaining about their personal situation. No one seems to be willing to have a constructive discussion about the pros and cons about the specific Bill, but rather seem to be solely focused on how it directly affects them. And if they are affected, it is bad. I would reckon the majority of people on here would suddenly be ambivalent on the C-24 topic if the effective date was 1 year from today, as it would no longer affect them.

The other thing that is hilarious about this thread is that the very people who are crying about C-24 infringing their charter rights are the same that refuse to even allow a dissenting opinion to be voiced. So much for rights and freedoms, eh? Hypocrites.

My comments are far from non-supportive. In fact, I believe that they are more rational and informative than the majority of the posts on this thread complaining about why the particular poster deserves expedited citizenship because they: (i) have paid taxes; (ii) have lived here as a student; or (iii) are a few days closer to qualifying to apply than others. No one seems to be looking at the broader picture about what may be best for Canada in the long run.

I will continue to post on here, and you are free to ignore me if you want. But, I have received plenty of PM's from people who appreciate my perspective, and I will continue to offer it. Deal with it.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
As a Canadian, I am obviously affected by this Bill. This Bill is about Canada and its future, rather than being about any particular PR who happens to be applying for citizenship at present.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here's a nice way to try and check which party you match with. also gives an idea about the issues that concerns voters today. you dont need to be from the province to check.

http://www.cbc.ca/elections/ontariovotes2014/votecompass

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it's incredible that votes in the HoC pass with only 146-148 votes. that's not even 50% of the entire house. looks like the opponents are very much divided.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What has happened Chakrab?

chakrab said:
it's incredible that votes in the HoC pass with only 146-148 votes. that's not even 50% of the entire house. looks like the opponents are very much divided.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi812 said:
Is there any chance Bii c-24 once pass will take into affect immediately
ofcourse there is a chance. what actually happens will depend on the minister and the department.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
Link please!
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=11958&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140612&lang=en

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
chakrab said:
http://parlvu.parl.gc.ca/Parlvu/TimeBandit/PowerBrowserLive_SilverLight.aspx?ContentEntityId=11958&EssenceFormatID=427&date=20140612&lang=en
I was hoping it will take 2-3 month more,Do you think it can be passed so soon,
Sory to ask you,Actually I just started reading this forum