Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
chakrab said:
ofcourse there is a chance. what actually happens will depend on the minister and the department.
There is no way this will happen. Never Happened before, adding to that they have to prepare the new system to be implemented (Forms, Computers , People training, New Citizenship Calculator .. Etc).

The Bill still has to go throw 3 Senate Readings and Other Committee Readings and Reviews before going to Royal Assent which will decide when the law will be effective.

I have reviewed the Bill and it mentions clearly it will be implemented on a later date that will be Decided .. except for minor clauses which will be effective immediately on Royal Assent (Not Related to New Residency Requirements, Intent to Reside or Pre-PR time).

It is not a game here .. they can't make major changes effective immediately. If that happened it will be the first time in history!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
There is no way this will happen. Never Happened before, adding to that they have to prepare the new system to be implemented (Forms, Computers , People training, New Citizenship Calculator .. Etc).

The Bill still has to go throw 3 Senate Readings and Other Committee Readings and Reviews before going to Royal Assent which will decide when the law will be effective.

I have reviewed the Bill and it mentions clearly it will be implemented on a later date that will be Decided .. except for minor clauses which will be effective immediately on Royal Assent (Not Related to New Residency Requirements, Intent to Reside or Pre-PR time).

It is not a game here .. they can't make major changes effective immediately. If that happened it will be the first time in history!
certain aspect of the bill can be put into effect immediately. others will need time. stuff regarding lost canadian can get put into effect very quickly. the term "immediately" doesn't really mean the same day, but people can definitely apply under the new law. i dont think you can it has never happened in history because that's too dramatic.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
chakrab said:
certain aspect of the bill can be put into effect immediately. others will need time. stuff regarding lost canadian can get put into effect very quickly. the term "immediately" doesn't really mean the same day, but people can definitely apply under the new law.
Yes, they have mentioned in the Bill Clearly what will be effiective on Royal Assent .. Nothing Related to New Residency Requirements, Intent to Reside or Pre-PR time.

By Reviewing the history of all Related Citizenship Bills .. I can say there should be a minimum 6 months period between Royal Assent and Law Effectiveness, the minimum period I found was around 8 month for 1947 Bill! if that didn't happen and there was very short period it will be ridiculous ... 2008 amendments took a year to be effective after Royal assent and they were minor comparing to those ones!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Yes, they have mentioned in the Bill Clearly what will be effiective on Royal Assent .. Nothing Related to New Residency Requirements, Intent to Reside or Pre-PR time.

By Reviewing the history of all Related Citizenship Bills .. I can say there should be a minimum 6 months period between Royal Assent and Law Effectiveness, the minimum period I found was around 8 month for 1947 Bill! if that didn't happen and there was very short period it will be ridiculous ... 2008 amendments took a year to be effective after Royal assent and they were minor comparing to those ones!
the bill is much more than just residency requirements and pre-pr time. i think you are getting agitated on the wrong issue. what i said is correct. it depends on the department when things will be put into effect. i am not sure what you are arguing with me about here? you seem to say the same things that i did.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
chakrab said:
the bill is much more than just residency requirements and pre-pr time. i think you are getting agitated on the wrong issue. what i said is correct. it depends on the department when things will be put into effect. i am not sure what you are arguing with me about here? you seem to say the same things that i did.
Ya, talking generally a Bill can be effective immediately, In Regards to this Bill and the matters that concerns people here (Residency Time, Pre-PR Time) this wont be effective immediately .. not based on guess but based on what the Bill mentioned.

One of the fellows asked you "Is there any chance Bii c-24 once pass will take into affect immediately"
You Said: "ofcourse there is a chance. what actually happens will depend on the minister and the department"

So Did I misunderstood you here? :)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
Ya, talking generally a Bill can be effective immediately, In Regards to this Bill and the matters that concerns people here (Residency Time, Pre-PR Time) this wont be effective immediately .. not based on guess but based on what the Bill mentioned.

One of the fellows asked you "Is there any chance Bii c-24 once pass will take into affect immediately"
You Said: "ofcourse there is a chance. what actually happens will depend on the minister and the department"

So Did I misunderstood you here? :)
yes i think you did. i meant there is a "chance" that some parts will come into effect. however it depends on the minister and department as to when the whole law comes into effect.

there's always a chance. but none of us knows what will happen in reality.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
now if he had asked what are the chances the whole law will come into effect immediately, i would say very very less. again, it depends what someone considers immediately and what part of the bill are they worried about.

they can easily put the checkbox of intent in the form within few days but it may take them several months for the residency time.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
chakrab said:
yes i think you did. i meant there is a "chance" that some parts will come into effect. however it depends on the minister and department as to when the whole law comes into effect.

there's always a chance. but none of us knows what will happen in reality.
Anyways .. Lets see what the Senate can do about it and if they can re-consider the problematic parts of the bill .. I think we can't do anything at this point except to wait and see .. lets go and watch the World cup and forget about this mess :)

mirki

Jun 12, 2014
Sorry, I cannot post the link, but here is Amnesty International's response to Bill C-24:

New citizenship revocation powers in Bill C-24 should be withdrawn, says Amnesty International

The new provisions fall short of a range of international human rights obligations, including non-discrimination and fair hearing guarantees. Consequently, Amnesty International is calling on the government to withdraw these new revocation provisions from the Bill.

Citizenship is a human right, enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It plays an important role in ensuring protection from other human rights violations, such as deportation. At present, Canadian citizenship can only be lost through misrepresentation or fraud. Many Canadian citizens may have a second nationality and are unaware of it. This could be because of family connections (including birthplace of a parent or grandparent), marriage to a foreign national or extended residency in another country.

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could you please share the reference with us?
mirki said:
Sorry, I cannot post the link, but here is Amnesty International's response to Bill C-24:

New citizenship revocation powers in Bill C-24 should be withdrawn, says Amnesty International

The new provisions fall short of a range of international human rights obligations, including non-discrimination and fair hearing guarantees. Consequently, Amnesty International is calling on the government to withdraw these new revocation provisions from the Bill.

Citizenship is a human right, enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It plays an important role in ensuring protection from other human rights violations, such as deportation. At present, Canadian citizenship can only be lost through misrepresentation or fraud. Many Canadian citizens may have a second nationality and are unaware of it. This could be because of family connections (including birthplace of a parent or grandparent), marriage to a foreign national or extended residency in another country.

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can't resist: please, compare this quote
torontosm said:
No one seems to be looking at the broader picture about what may be best for Canada in the long run.
with this quote:

man is seen in his immanent relationship with a superior law and with an objective Will that transcends the particular individual and raises him to conscious membership of a spiritual society
Now, here is the link for the latest: http://goo.gl/6oDln9

I think, no more comments about torontosm are necessary.

To the subject, NDP is making a lot of good points. Conservatives are lying as usual, trying to pretend, that everyone will now be getting citizenship faster. Probably, best thing to do is to start preparation for the next federal elections...

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
taleodor said:
Can't resist: please, compare this quote
with this quote:

Now, here is the link for the latest: http://goo.gl/6oDln9

I think, no more comments about torontosm are necessary.

To the subject, NDP is making a lot of good points. Conservatives are lying as usual, trying to pretend, that everyone will now be getting citizenship faster. Probably, best thing to do is to start preparation for the next federal elections...
So the third reading is still undergoing ? The official website is still showing it at the third reading stage !

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
So the third reading is still undergoing ? The official website is still showing it at the third reading stage !
Yeah, Costas Menegakis has managed to find about 10 supporters of the bill. And then said, that 83% of Canadians support it. Apparently, not only Ontarian Conservatives have issues with math.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Liberals won the election with majority 58 seats. :D

NDP has also did a good job, not bad for a new party 22 seats. :p

Conservatives have finally learnt a good lesson
:mad: