Liberals won the election with majority 58 seats. :D

NDP has also did a good job, not bad for a new party 22 seats. :p

Conservatives have finally learnt a good lesson
:mad:

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Looking at Ontario election result, Harper should drop his C-24 bill. At this point Harper and Alexander party has no support base in the country anymore which they enjoyed 3 years back. In next year election their party will loose in margin to the Liberal.. So many racist MPs who is now advocating for this bill will loose their seats..

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Looking at Ontario election result, Harper should drop his C-24 bill. At this point Harper and Alexander party has no support base in the country anymore which they enjoyed 3 years back. In next year election their party will loose in margin to the Liberal.. So many racist MPs who is now advocating for this bill will loose their seats..
I agree, that they should, but it doesn't seem that they would. They are bullies.

However, if lots of us volunteer during the next federal elections, hopefully, Conservatives will loose any ground whatsoever.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
True that!

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
morbrb said:
What the hell happened???! I am watching live and they are all arguing over something, but I have no idea what is going on!!!
it was related to some motion which opposition is saying was passed, but cons. are denying it. some kind of misunderstanding while they voted i think...

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morbrb said:
:))) no idea whats going on, but conservatives are not happy and that should be good!
Sequence of events:
1) The NDP opposition proposed to vote, if the house should adjourn.
2) Nobody said 'nay'
3) Speaker asked, if there is a unanimous consent on that.
4) Conservatives said 'nay'.
5) Then opposition said, this has to be put to vote.

Then Conservatives started lying (as usual), that they didn't hear the first proposal, then saying there was a mistranslation. The speaker then reviewed the records, and said everything was said clearly, and there was no mistranslation.

So, now they are waiting for half an hour, to vote, whether the house should adjourn. The whole process looked very funny btw, and Conservatives once again showed themselves as professional liars.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
There is no way this will happen. Never Happened before, adding to that they have to prepare the new system to be implemented (Forms, Computers , People training, New Citizenship Calculator .. Etc).

The Bill still has to go throw 3 Senate Readings and Other Committee Readings and Reviews before going to Royal Assent which will decide when the law will be effective.

I have reviewed the Bill and it mentions clearly it will be implemented on a later date that will be Decided .. except for minor clauses which will be effective immediately on Royal Assent (Not Related to New Residency Requirements, Intent to Reside or Pre-PR time).

It is not a game here .. they can't make major changes effective immediately. If that happened it will be the first time in history!
I also did the same research as Sicko and I agree with Sicko that bill cannot be implemented within few days. That is why I think Cons said they hope to implement it by end of this year cause they had/ have plan to pass it before summer so implementation can take place by end of the year....

skhan123

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
morbrb said:
What happens if they vote adjourn? Weren't they supposed to vote tonight? So the final voting of the house will be postponed?
if they vote, cons will win as they have majority and the house will continue to final 3rd reading vote...:(

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
conservatives lost 10 seats with little efforts of many people in Ontario.Many naturalized Immigrants moved to boycott cons but still not all. They would loose elections in 2015 because of their stupid Bills,we shall see!!! :D

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
skhan123 said:
if they vote, cons will win as they have majority and the house will continue to final 3rd reading vote...:(
This bill will pass the 3rd reading either today or tomorrow. However as of today, it's a minority party who's pushing it, while rejecting every single amendment from the opposition. Hopefully, this should change the perception a lot. It also gives more hope, this bill will be rewritten after the next federal elections.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
taleodor said:
This bill will pass the 3rd reading either today or tomorrow. However as of today, it's a minority party who's pushing it, while rejecting every single amendment from the opposition. Hopefully, this should change the perception a lot. It also gives more hope, this bill will be rewritten after the next federal elections.
taleodor I could be mistaken but I thought the Conservative were the majority party in Parliament and the Ontario Provincial election result doesn't change that.

taleodor

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
taleodor I could be mistaken but I thought the Conservative were the majority party in Parliament and the Ontario Provincial election result doesn't change that.
As I've written, the perception has changed. De jure, they have majority. De facto, Conservatives have lost their support in Ontario.

As of today, they have no moral rights to tackle such important country-wide issues as citizenship. Unfortunately, the liars don't know what the word 'moral' means. So we'll have to prepare for the 2015 elections.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
taleodor said:
As I've written, the perception has changed. De jure, they have majority. De facto, Conservatives have lost their support in Ontario.

As of today, they have no moral rights to tackle such important country-wide issues as citizenship. Unfortunately, the liars don't know what the word 'moral' means. So we'll have to prepare for the 2015 elections.
taleodor what you have just said makes no sense. Are you saying that every time there is a provincial election and the federal government party loses then they can't enact any legislation on important country-wide issues until they win a provincial election? What happens if the liberals get in at the next federal election but then lose a provincial election to the conservatives?

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There was a vote call on bill c24 just a moment ago any .. result about it like just wondering have anyone watched it ? the result