+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background status stuck at NA Since Day 1

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
You have to wait and watch then. I know it's frustrating but we are helpless when it comes to immigration decisions.

asad1990

Feb 20, 2018
This is strange then! Ideally you should be close to IP2. But such things happen to certain applicants.
You can either order GCMS notes, they will shed some light on your application status. But it will take 30 days for them too!
Another thing you can do is (which is quicker) if you haven't already, e-mail to CIC requesting to know your Visa Office, this way you will be able to find out where your application is... whether at CIO, or local visa office from that we can conclude the stage of your application then. They usually revert back in 24 hours.
hi,

I just emailed them as u said to ask them about my visa office. Can you tell me how can u predict about application stage while knowing about visa office? Thanks.

Mel38

Apr 9, 2018
By sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident)
Where do they send the reply ? The email ID from which we made the query or the account email ID we provided for our application