+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background status stuck at NA Since Day 1

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Finger crossed thank you for your response I just ordered a gcms but couldnt reach them :/
No problem dear. It takes 30 days for receiving GCMS notes from the day you order. Hopefully your PPR will come before that, in my opinion.
Do share the good news.

Reactions: Maryz and summerxx

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Yes you passed CIO. Its great that your file is at Ottawa it definitely means you passed R10, i.e completeness check hence, rejection due to missing documents is eliminated. Now your file must be getting checked for eligibility and criminality etc.
Yes better call them, also you can try getting GCMS notes too.
Don't worry you have passed IP1 stage already, the delay was due to your husband's medical. i think you are close to a PPR now. good Luck.:)
Finger crossed thank you for your response I just ordered a gcms but couldnt reach them :/

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
No problem dear. It takes 30 days for receiving GCMS notes from the day you order. Hopefully your PPR will come before that, in my opinion.
Do share the good news.
Hope so just checked again seems that my BGC is not Willing to moove if PPR is soon :) so if CPC O is processing my application means that its not goin to VO of Paris ! Cant wait for the final decision

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hope so just checked again seems that my BGC is not Willing to moove if PPR is soon :) so if CPC O is processing my application means that its not goin to VO of Paris ! Cant wait for the final decision
In most cases it does not go to LVO after CPC Ottawa, so ideally not. Don't worry as per your AOR date, Visa Office status, I don't think PPR is far away now. Some candidates do not report any change in BGC and straightaway get PPR requests. Also keep checking spam folder for e-mails from CIC.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
In most cases it does not go to LVO after CPC Ottawa, so ideally not. Don't worry as per your AOR date, Visa Office status, I don't think PPR is far away now. Some candidates do not report any change in BGC and straightaway get PPR requests. Also keep checking spam folder for e-mails from CIC.

Yes i do :) i was thinking that R10 and co will be processed after medicals cleared ! might be thay did it as i was not concerned by the additionnal exams and im the principal applicant .... Who knows ! but definitly relaxed to know that ip1 is done pouuhhh

Now lets see it will be great to have it by july in order to get ready and avoid a departure in winter ! I was so exited that i thour Ottawa made a minstake on the answer lol

Reactions: KiranK

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
I called CIC this evening and was able to speak to a very kind customer service representative. When I enquired about my status she told me that my application is still at CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. She told me that eligibility review is almost done and the last update made on the file was yesterday. When I specifically asked her the exact status of eligibility review she told me that she won't be able to tell as the final status is yet to be updated. when I asked whether it says Recommended Pass she gave the same reply. When I asked her whether i passed criminality she said "Yes as updated on file ".

What you guys think about stage I am currently at?

Zaranada

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Johannesburg
Category........
I am a FSW O applicant.
AOR: 28/03/2017
Medical Passed: 30/05/2017

Since AOR my background check status is NA. It didn't changed to IP, NS or next step is to conduct background check.

Normally there is a change in status as the application progress but not in my case. Would like to know the opinion of other members on this.
Hey did you get your PR yet or has your profile changed from NA

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
it's the same. Called CIC today and was told that the last time my application updated was yesterday but background status still NA.

SKP442

Jul 29, 2017
Hi All,

FSW , Outland , India , CRS : 442 , Single applicant .

My AOR is June 13th
Medical Passed: July 10
BGC IP1 : July 10
BGC NA : July 11

From that date my BGC got struck in NA and no update until now. Could you please advise what can be done. Can I call customer care from India?

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

FSW , Outland , India , CRS : 442 , Single applicant .

My AOR is June 13th
Medical Passed: July 10
BGC IP1 : July 10
BGC NA : July 11

From that date my BGC got struck in NA and no update until now. Could you please advise what can be done. Can I call customer care from India?

Just wait. You bgc just went in NA in the last two weeks. wait.

kpraveenreddy220

Feb 27, 2017
AOR: may 11th 2017
Category: CEC
My application Status is same since I submitted, not even medicals passed.

when I requested which Visa office my application is being processed:
reply: Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.

What does it mean? I don't see any progress at all, any responses is greatly appreciated.

kpraveenreddy220

Feb 27, 2017
I called CIC this evening and was able to speak to a very kind customer service representative. When I enquired about my status she told me that my application is still at CIO Sydney Nova Scotia. She told me that eligibility review is almost done and the last update made on the file was yesterday. When I specifically asked her the exact status of eligibility review she told me that she won't be able to tell as the final status is yet to be updated. when I asked whether it says Recommended Pass she gave the same reply. When I asked her whether i passed criminality she said "Yes as updated on file ".

What you guys think about stage I am currently at?
can you please share your timeline?

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
AOR: may 11th 2017
Category: CEC
My application Status is same since I submitted, not even medicals passed.

when I requested which Visa office my application is being processed:
reply: Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.

What does it mean? I don't see any progress at all, any responses is greatly appreciated.
My Timeline

Category : FSW O

CIO is where all the PR applications are submitted initially. They do preliminary checks before the files are transferred to CPC Ottawa or Local Visa Office for final step. Medicals processing take 1-2 months before you get any update on your CIC account. As you have already crossed 2 months and if they haven't requested any additional medical tests , you can call CIC to get an update.

kpraveenreddy220

Feb 27, 2017
My Timeline

Category : FSW O

CIO is where all the PR applications are submitted initially. They do preliminary checks before the files are transferred to CPC Ottawa or Local Visa Office for final step. Medicals processing take 1-2 months before you get any update on your CIC account. As you have already crossed 2 months and if they haven't requested any additional medical tests , you can call CIC to get an update.
I called them already and these were exact words I heard from them: "I assure you that no additional documents required from your end, all the documents required for further processing is there already, so, normal processing time is 6 months for PR, you have to wait till next update. "