Background status stuck at NA Since Day 1

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hello folks, last night I received reply from CPC Ottawa, it says

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Gisele
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Now considering the fact that I passed the medical on 30 May 2017 as per My CIC account. What all backround checks are done at Sydney, Nova Scotia before the file is transferred to the local visa office.
AFAIK, your R10 (completeness check) and A11.2 (eligibility check) are done at CIO and then most files are transferred to LVO or sometimes to CPC Ottawa etc, but sometimes file remain at CIO also till finalisation. wish you a speedy successful application processing.

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
I am aware about R10. What does A11.2 (Eligibity Check) comprise of??
Once R10 and A11.2 are done, what's the next set of checks.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I am aware about R10. What does A11.2 (Eligibity Check) comprise of??
Once R10 and A11.2 are done, what's the next set of checks.
A11.2 is for checking that whether the information you provided in your EE profile is corroborated by your documents (That you provided), that whether all your documents are genuine, your education is ok, your work is matching your NOC, in short that the CRS score you achieved an ITA for is actually correct and you also are eligible for the stream you have applied under.
After this is your criminality and security checks.

Reactions: Ps_vp

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
This means that education and employment verification are part of A11.2 Eligibility Check.
Yes, they are checked at eligibility check stage but are finalised at IP2, at IP2 some people have reported calls from VO to employers for verification. So that's at the end sometimes to further verify after A11.2 pass.

Reactions: Ps_vp

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Hi Dears,

Can someone explain the stage of my application please ?? I recieved this email yesterday from Ottawa ::
Is that normal as im FSW outland and not from USA ?? as they mentionne that they only manage permanent residence from canada and us

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

Regards,

Last edited:

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi Dears,

Can someone explain the stage of my application please ?? I recieved this email yesterday from Ottawa ::
Is that normal as im FSW outland and not from USA ?? as they mentionne that they only manage permanent residence from canada and us

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa as per our regulatory timeline. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.

We do not require any information from you at the present time. An officer will contact you if further information is required.

Please consult our Website for information regarding our processing times:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

For your information, the processing times, provided on the website, is the average time it took visa offices to approve or refuse 80 percent of applications during a specified period in the past. They may not accurately predict future processing times.

Regards,
Yes, it is perfectly normal many people are reporting it, due to application load, the Visa offices are load sharing most likely. You must have completed IP1 (R10 checks) for application to be at Ottawa. Please tell your AOR date and other details , then I can help you further in this regard.

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Thank you i was lost !!!! Finger crossed for IP1 hope you're right

My time line :

ITA : January 27th
AOR : March 14th
Additionnal medical exams for my husband : Submitted on June 8th
Medical passed : June 25th
Background check : N/A since AOR

Yes, it is perfectly normal many people are reporting it, due to application load, the Visa offices are load sharing most likely. You must have completed IP1 (R10 checks) for application to be at Ottawa. Please tell your AOR date and other details , then I can help you further in this regard.

Reactions: KiranK

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Thank you i was lost !!!! Finger crossed for IP1 hope you're right

My time line :

ITA : January 27th
AOR : March 14th
Additionnal medical exams for my husband : Submitted on June 8th
Medical passed : June 25th
Background check : N/A since AOR
Are you a PNP applicant?

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
No skilled worker outland
Okay, then it should be going bit faster then this, do you know your Visa office?
And also have you been checking file for updates daily and sure that your BGC never went in progress, not even once?

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Okay, then it should be going bit faster then this, do you know your Visa office?
And also have you been checking file for updates daily and sure that your BGC never went in progress, not even once?
My visa office is supposed to be Paris, i thought that CPC is a visa office lol ! Yes i mostly was checking every day but i dont remember if it was first not needed for BGC but i think i was NA since AOR. I think that when they asked my husband for additionnal medical they didnt start our apllication untill get medical passed which i hope is not the case otherwise bye bye 6 months delay :(

A question, once we are at CPC means we passed CIO ? So by chance we have lesser chances to get a rejection

I will try to call them to see what is the application stage as its getting me anxious mycic doesnt moove even after medical passed i dont see BGC on process

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
My visa office is supposed to be Paris, i thought that CPC is a visa office lol ! Yes i mostly was checking every day but i dont remember if it was first not needed for BGC but i think i was NA since AOR. I think that when they asked my husband for additionnal medical they didnt start our apllication untill get medical passed which i hope is not the case otherwise bye bye 6 months delay :(

A question, once we are at CPC means we passed CIO ? So by chance we have lesser chances to get a rejection

I will try to call them to see what is the application stage as its getting me anxious mycic doesnt moove even after medical passed i dont see BGC on process
Yes you passed CIO. Its great that your file is at Ottawa it definitely means you passed R10, i.e completeness check hence, rejection due to missing documents is eliminated. Now your file must be getting checked for eligibility and criminality etc.
Yes better call them, also you can try getting GCMS notes too.
Don't worry you have passed IP1 stage already, the delay was due to your husband's medical. i think you are close to a PPR now. good Luck.:)

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Yes you passed CIO. Its great that your file is at Ottawa it definitely means you passed R10, i.e completeness check hence, rejection due to missing documents is eliminated. Now your file must be getting checked for eligibility and criminality etc.
Yes better call them, also you can try getting GCMS notes too.
Don't worry you have passed IP1 stage already, the delay was due to your husband's medical. i think you are close to a PPR now. good Luck.:)
Finger crossed thank you for your response I just ordered a gcms but couldnt reach them :/