+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background status stuck at NA Since Day 1

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
I am a FSW O applicant.
AOR: 28/03/2017
Medical Passed: 30/05/2017

Since AOR my background check status is NA. It didn't changed to IP, NS or next step is to conduct background check.

Normally there is a change in status as the application progress but not in my case. Would like to know the opinion of other members on this.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I am a FSW O applicant.

Since AOR my background check status is NA. It didn't changed to IP, NS or next step is to conduct background check.

Normally there is a change in status as the application progress but not in my case. Would like to know the opinion of other members on this.
You passed medical exam?

Baahubali

May 18, 2017
I am a FSW O applicant.

Did you keep track of the background check status in your profile regularly? In some cases the status updates happen pretty fast in just couple of days.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Yes, medical passed on 30/05/2017.
The time your meds passed CIC was taking 60-65 days for FSW-O , so that was okay.
Now are you sure you have been checking your application daily for updates, as only meds pass update is send by e-mail and mostly BGC updates are not. You have to log in to your application to check those.
So maybe you missed your IP1 update and it changed to NA again, it changes very quickly from IP1 to NA in 2-7 days mostly.
That way you must be very close to IP2 now.

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
I have been checking the status everyday since AOR.
This is strange then! Ideally you should be close to IP2. But such things happen to certain applicants.
You can either order GCMS notes, they will shed some light on your application status. But it will take 30 days for them too!
Another thing you can do is (which is quicker) if you haven't already, e-mail to CIC requesting to know your Visa Office, this way you will be able to find out where your application is... whether at CIO, or local visa office from that we can conclude the stage of your application then. They usually revert back in 24 hours.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I have been checking the status everyday since AOR.
It's still possible that you missed it. Mine went to NA the same day (I think), and I never saw it change.

The only way to know for sure is to ask CIC, or by requesting your GCMS notes.

Reactions: Ps_vp

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
where do I find the email address for such queries i.e visa office .
By sending an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

This is the email format they require:

IMPORTANT: You must provide us with your application number in the subject line of your email and include in the body of your email the following information:

* Surname and Given name(s)
* Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)
* Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number
* Category of Immigration (CEC, Provincial Nominee, Family Class, Federal Skilled Worker, Temporary Resident)

KiranK

Champion Member
May 23, 2017
Category........
Other
Here is also a sample format-
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker/CEC...

Best regards

courtesy- @astralsource.

Reactions: Ps_vp

Maryz

May 11, 2017
LANDED..........
10-02-2019
Hello, did you get any feedback ? i'm in the same case just sent them an email but still nothing :)

Here is also a sample format-
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker/CEC...

Best regards

courtesy- @astralsource.

Ps_vp

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Hello folks, last night I received reply from CPC Ottawa, it says

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please note that your application is currently at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney, Nova Scotia and has not yet been transferred to a local visa office.

Please submit any inquiries via our web form and your inquiry will be redirected to the correct office.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Regards,

Gisele
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada

Now considering the fact that I passed the medical on 30 May 2017 as per My CIC account. What all backround checks are done at Sydney, Nova Scotia before the file is transferred to the local visa office.

Reactions: Maryz