Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khalid h said:
As I understand security background checks are done after the medicals, but recently some applicants waiting for medicals got this reply from CHC London that your file is under background checks ::) what are these checks then or sometimes they do checks b4 medicals ?
B/ground checks r done before meds... Security checks r done after meds.

Raggarwal

Star Member
Dec 21, 2010
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2010
AOR Received.
3-3-2011, 2nd AOR - 28-3-2011
Med's Done....
1-10-2011, re-med 17-12-2011
Passport Req..
sent 10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2012
qorax said:
As explained earlier, it simply puts the onus on the shoulders of ECU... the IO places the "ball in their court now"... S/he has done with his/her "work" and his note to PHEP (docs!) is pending reply/report from ECU.

Remember: Our COPR & PRV or a SJTD (if applicable) is signed by the Program Manager. The file & pps come to him only under a cover note from the PHEP section.
Great, thank you so much. You are doing a great work.

goti

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2011
Doc's Request.
Received at Nova scotia 19-10-2011
Nomination.....
PER ON 20-10-2011
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
2nd Line added to ecas on 30/07/2012
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-08-2012,RPRF encashed on 22/8/12, Med received line on 28/8/12 to 1/9/12
Interview........
It is waived due to Decision made line on 06/09/12
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 6/9/12 and Canadian Add on 7/9/12.STAMPED PASSPORT RECEIVED 8/9/12
LANDED..........
Landed on 21 st Mar 13
qorax said:
Hi,

1. As an Oct-11 applicant u should be expecting ur meds around mid-2012, which is now.
2. Yes, with a Govt. job u could expect some delays. This occurs b'coz of difficulties in performing b/ground checks by CIC with such employers. Most Govt. depts either do not respond to the queries of (unimportant for them) external agencies, or take their own sweet time to reply.

Pls have patience, things would be alright, soon.

Qorax
THANK YOU VERY MUCH DEAR QORAX SIR
+1 FOR you if i am eligible for give
thanks once again and keep up the good work, on this site every one is getting very nice help from yr side I will pray ALMIGHTY for your help in any field.

getcanada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
qorax said:
Similar to my previous post, RFV - which stands for Ready For Visa - is an important log by the IO w.r.t. a case where s/he finds it complete from his/her side... And notifies some other cell/dept./section to assess/act on the requested activities pending the forwarding this case file to PHEP Section (for PPR/visa issuance). This, usually, signifies that this case file is now finalized from the IO's desk.

NOTE:
1. Both, RFA & RFV may not only be marked for ECU... it could be for any other dept. as well.
2. ECU is specifically created to address the backlogs. IMHO they deep-scrutinize the files submitted to them with an intention to "eliminate" rather than "select" applications. This is a severe screening process... and I again opine that not all files go there... but why do some (go to them) is beyond me, or I do not want to comment on it.

Hello Qorax,

If the status is updated as below in CAIPS, what does it mean?
ECU – PLS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:
-PPTS
-MEDS
-RPRF
-UPDATED POF

As per your understanding on ECU, do you think this is also for elimination/ severe screening process to eliminate.

kinjal

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 th august-2011
Doc's Request.
All doc received on 8th August-2011
AOR Received.
PER- on 3rd November- NDVO AOR confirm by e-mail on 23rd Jan-2012
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
MR, RPRF and PP request on 03-02-2012
Med's Done....
Med done on 10-02-2012; MR, RPRF and PP Reached at NDVO 20/02/2012
Passport Req..
PP required on03-02-2012; 23-03-2012 e-cas: DM
LANDED..........
Very Soon
hi qorax and other seniors,

One of my friends got DM b4 medical line received, however his RPRF fess encashed.

Kindly let me know whether its positive or negative sign.

Thanking you
Kinjal

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
kinjal said:
hi qorax and other seniors,

One of my friends got DM b4 medical line received, however his RPRF fess encashed.

Kindly let me know whether its positive or negative sign.

Thanking you
Kinjal
If u have done ur meds & ur pps r with ur VO - this indicates [99%] that ur pps r stamped. 'MR' in e-CAS may or may not be reflected.
Qorax

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hey captain....
i need to prove my moms relationship with my uncle who is a canadian citizen but the only problem is we do not have their birthcertificates... i have asked my uncle to send me a affidavit approved by comisioner of oath in canada stating their parents name, DOB and place of birth on the affidavit and same goes for my mother. I have applied for a affidavit from notary stating her DOB, parents name and Place of birth. I have my mothers school passing certificate aswell... Please advise if these would sufficient to prove the relationship to gain 5 points for adaptability. My uncle has given me his medical card that has my grandparents name along with canadian passport and utility bills..... please advise as these documents have been asked by the VO.

thanks & regards
sorav

doc sac

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 26,2010.
Doc's Request.
Oct25,2010
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
First AOR on Oct25,2010, Second AOR June 8,2011.
IELTS Request
IN PROCESS since April 27,2012.
Med's Request
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Thanks Deba and Quorax.
Now i am cool.
Doc Sac

bhallasorav

Sep 27, 2011
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/04/2014
Doc's Request.
FILE number 29/07/2014
Nomination.....
Still waiting
AOR Received.
7/05/2014
hey captain....need your expert opinion ASAP.....
i need to prove my moms relationship with my uncle who is a canadian citizen but the only problem is we do not have their birthcertificates... i have asked my uncle to send me a affidavit approved by comissioner of oath in canada stating their parents name, DOB and place of birth on the affidavit and same goes for my mother. I have applied for a affidavit from notary stating her DOB, parents name and Place of birth for my mother. I have my mothers school passing certificate aswell stating my grandfathers name... Please advise if these would sufficient to prove the relationship to gain 5 points for adaptability. My uncle has given me his medical card that has my grandparents name along with canadian passport and utility bills..... please advise as these documents would be sufficient as these have been asked by the VO.

thanks & regards
sorav

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
bhallasorav said:
hey captain....
i need to prove my moms relationship with my uncle who is a canadian citizen but the only problem is we do not have their birthcertificates... i have asked my uncle to send me a affidavit approved by comisioner of oath in canada stating their parents name, DOB and place of birth on the affidavit and same goes for my mother. I have applied for a affidavit from notary stating her DOB, parents name and Place of birth. I have my mothers school passing certificate aswell... Please advise if these would sufficient to prove the relationship to gain 5 points for adaptability. My uncle has given me his medical card that has my grandparents name along with canadian passport and utility bills..... please advise as these documents have been asked by the VO.

thanks & regards
sorav
In my point of view, these are enough.

LILOLME

Apr 17, 2012
Hey guys I've been following this forum for a month now. I am an August 2011 applicant,I finished my meds on the 25th of feb and sent my pps and landing fee to ndvo on the 6th of March. My bf'd was 4th of April cos that was the deadline given to us to submit our meds and pps. ecase status kept showing ' in process ' till date without any update on medicals received and it started worrying me...but this morning I received our pps with the magic stickers!. Thanks Qorax and all on the forum for being an indirect source of support during this nail bitting wait ( and believe me the levels of anxiety we had the last month is something I cant explain).

Wishing everyone success as well!

aamirdr

Oct 16, 2008
Remedical done Medical Done
Category........
Visa Office......
London now... old Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 -08- 2009
Doc's Request.
8 -10-2009
AOR Received.
8-10-2009
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
16-8-2009
Med's Request
re medical done march 2014
Med's Done....
passed
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Insha Allah in october 2014
qorax said:
B/ground checks r done before meds... Security checks r done after meds.
Attn Qorax In my case , my application is under both security and background checks before MR?

following is reply of my email

Thank you sending your documents. We are currently in the process of conducting background/ security checks for this application. This is a lengthy process that can take several months. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of the file.

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
aamirdr said:
Attn Qorax In my case , my application is under both security and background checks before MR?

following is reply of my email

Thank you sending your documents. We are currently in the process of conducting background/ security checks for this application. This is a lengthy process that can take several months. We will be in contact when there have been further developments with the processing of the file.
Its a generic reply from the visa office.