+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

getcanada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
getcanada said:
Hello Qorax,

If the status is updated as below in CAIPS, what does it mean?
ECU – PLS REQUEST THE FOLLOWING:
-PPTS
-MEDS
-RPRF
-UPDATED POF

As per your understanding on ECU, do you think this is also for elimination/ severe screening process to eliminate.

Hello Qorax,

Could you please comment on this???

Thank you in advance

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
getcanada said:
Hello Qorax,

Could you please comment on this???

Thank you in advance
As explained before, ur IO has asked ECU to assess ur file & then take those actions. IMHO it's just a delay tactics thru a second set of studying a case file.

Qorax

khans

May 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 march 2008
Doc's Request.
march 2009
IELTS Request
oct 2009
Med's Request
30 mar2010/16mar 2011(remed)
Med's Done....
same
Interview........
02 feb 2012
Passport Req..
13 April with remedical form
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2012
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear Qorex

I have received my Medical Request and Passport Request on Friday (13th April) but upon contacting with Dr Wakil and Dr Rohina ,they give me the appointment of 8th May which is the first available date and is beyond the
one month time limit .THe date printed on my medical request is 4th April.Kindly advise what should i do???

Regards

Khan's

Mr.Engineer

VIP Member
Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
nov 2014 [color=red]ye sab tera karam hai ALLAH verna meri itni aukaat na thi[/color]
LANDED..........
landed jan 2015 MashaAllah
Dear Qorax
in new system PER is given by CIC , how many chances are of refusal by VO after getting PER from CIC.

sam pk

Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-07-2012
khans said:
Dear Qorex

I have received my Medical Request and Passport Request on Friday (13th April) but upon contacting with Dr Wakil and Dr Rohina ,they give me the appointment of 8th May which is the first available date and is beyond the
one month time limit .THe date printed on my medical request is 4th April.Kindly advise what should i do???

Regards

Khan's
Dear you time limit is 60days you will must go for the medical with in 60days

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
khans said:
Dear Qorex

Regards

Khan's
Though getting the meds done asap is beneficial for us however, if we don't have a choice we have no other option, isn't it? Relax, send an email to ur IO informing them ur tentative date for taking the meds. U'd Thus, be fine.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Mr.Engineer said:
Dear Qorax
in new system PER is given by CIC , how many chances are of refusal by VO after getting PER from CIC.
Can't set a percentage to it, but it sure can be reversed by the VO. PER only addresses "the completeness of docs & correct filling of the application".

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
Qorax Sir

I have Somebodies Caips In front of me It says File file Referred to CDA

could you Please clarify whats CDA

why is this file being referef to CDA when all Files are being referred to ECU

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
destinationBC said:
Qorax Sir

I have Somebodies Caips In front of me It says File file Referred to CDA

could you Please clarify whats CDA

why is this file being referef to CDA when all Files are being referred to ECU
I've no idea, regrets brother.

destinationBC

Champion Member
Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
thats history
Doc's Request.
thats history
AOR Received.
thats history
File Transfer...
thats history
Med's Request
thats history
Med's Done....
thats history
Passport Req..
thats history
VISA ISSUED...
got it
LANDED..........
Long Long ago
He was rejected
could it be Possible that rejected files are handed over to this Unit
and Possible successful applicants be referd to ECU

Whats you take on this ,Your Input on this is valued

qorax said:
I've no idea, regrets brother.

shirin77

Apr 12, 2012
Abu Dhabi/UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 2009
Med's Done....
12-oct-2012
Passport Req..
september 2013
qorax said:
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
perfect , thanks

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Respected qorax
Today I received an email for new medical request (my first medical expired in Feb 2011). I want to know...
1. They still have my passport, will they send me my passport back or I have email them asking for passport?
2. Is it mean that now my background check and security checks are over?
2. How much chances, they will give me visa?
3. If yes then how long it will take to get visa?

sunshine11

Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
March 2013
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Jan 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2014
Interview........
god knows
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello Respected qorax
Today my friend got a letter from CHC ND that he have to come for interview in May...
Plz every1 tell what question they will ask him on interview? why they ask him for interview?
Plz share ur options....thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sunshine11 said:
Hello Respected qorax
Today I received an email for new medical request (my first medical expired in Feb 2011). I want to know...
1. They still have my passport, will they send me my passport back or I have email them asking for passport?
2. Is it mean that now my background check and security checks are over?
2. How much chances, they will give me visa?
3. If yes then how long it will take to get visa?
Hi,

1. If u don't insist - they might not send it back. BTW, for the meds u don't need it if u visit the same DMP. Else pp copies would do, given that it's ur reMeds.
2. Not necessarily but quite plausible.
3. Can't be sacrosanctly opined - but ur chances r sure good.
4. As with point-3, however it has been observed that in 3-4 months many recd. theirs.

Good luck.

Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
sunshine11 said:
Hello Respected qorax
Today my friend got a letter from CHC ND that he have to come for interview in May...
Plz every1 tell what question they will ask him on interview? why they ask him for interview?
Plz share ur options....thanks
Depends on what type of interview it is, if it's before meds - it sure is reg. b/ground checks... after meds it'd be a security one. Nonetheless, the requirements will be enumerated in that interview letter.