Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
It is usually after the interview. They request your ARC documents before they send you passport request. Its usually one of the last step.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 15-09-2015 AOR2 21-11-2015
Med's Done....
upfront
Thank you for your response! I just recieved request for ARC ..soo it safe.to.say its almost the end thx again!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Yes you are close to the end my friend. Just a few more months.

I also received ARC request which I will be sending in this week too. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will approve it soon and send me my passport request as well.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
upfront
I really hope for you to be reunited with your loved one soon i see you have waited long enough! Good luck!

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Yes it has been 4 years. I am sponsoring my husband so the ARC is for him.

Thank you for the good luck and good luck to you as well.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
upfront
May i ask how did you go about paying the fee i am a little confused...i am the sponsor and i see it says online
Visa offices cannot accept:
receipts for fees paid in Canada;

What does.this mean? What is the best way to pay fees?
Do i send it to same visa office that process sponsorship?

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
I payed my fee online using the CIC online service. Well Ottawa asked me for the ARC documents so I payed the fees and send a copy of the receipt with the ARC documents in today.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
dama2015 said:
May i ask how did you go about paying the fee i am a little confused...i am the sponsor and i see it says online
Visa offices cannot accept:
receipts for fees paid in Canada;

What does.this mean? What is the best way to pay fees?
Do i send it to same visa office that process sponsorship?
When my husband submitted his ARC the payment could not be made in Canada, he followed the instructions for his VO and he bought a bank draft and submitted a scanned copy of the draft with his Arc statement to the Vienna Visa office , he sent everything by email.

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
dama2015 I guess you will have to wait until they request the ARC or did they request it already?

Violet11 How long did it take the VO to approve your husband's ARC?

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
We still don't have a response, my husband sent all the information in April last year and when I inquire about it the VO said that "a review is still ongoing", in other words waiting to be reviewed. I spoke with my MP , he has been checking the application and I have also been following the forum and found that in Mexico ARCs are processed within one or two months, Bucharest took 3 months for one member, New Dehli took seven months and London between one and two months.

Arcs are the last thing they do in the processing of the sponsorship application so prior to the ARC they do background check, check the medicals and if the relationship is genuine. Some VO do it fast and others take their time. I found that the ARC applications processed in Bucharest, Mexico and London were processed as soon as all the sponsorship requirements were met.

Vienna is taking their time, I can tell you that we already passed everything last year and we are still waiting for them to review the ARC. My husband and other members in the forum have been told that the application is in queue to be reviewed by the Immigration Program Manager or a senior officer. This is the long waiting period for us in Vienna. Through my MP I found that VO has to open an ARC file and after six months it comes up for review, however, some of us have been waiting close to a year for the file to be reviewed. Our VO took three months to open my husband's ARC file and his ARC file was coming up for review at the beginning of this year but the VO pushed it forward two more months. My MP told me that in two months they may do the same, if the VO is too busy. In other words who knows, ARCs dont have specific processing times so they can take their time but once they start reviewing it, they have 30 business days to give you an answer but of course they dont tell us that.
Sorry Im so frustrated with this process, I find that there is no accountability for Visa offices and the MP cant do much other than just give you more specific information. I hope you are dealing with one of the good VO's because Vienna has been a nightmare for many of us

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Violet11 said:
We still don't have a response, my husband sent all the information in April last year and when I inquire about it the VO said that "a review is still ongoing", in other words waiting to be reviewed. I spoke with my MP , he has been checking the application and I have also been following the forum and found that in Mexico ARCs are processed within one or two months, Bucharest took 3 months for one member, New Dehli took seven months and London between one and two months.

Arcs are the last thing they do in the processing of the sponsorship application so prior to the ARC they do background check, check the medicals and if the relationship is genuine. Some VO do it fast and others take their time. I found that the ARC applications processed in Bucharest, Mexico and London were processed as soon as all the sponsorship requirements were met.

Vienna is taking their time, I can tell you that we already passed everything last year and we are still waiting for them to review the ARC. My husband and other members in the forum have been told that the application is in queue to be reviewed by the Immigration Program Manager or a senior officer. This is the long waiting period for us in Vienna. Through my MP I found that VO has to open an ARC file and after six months it comes up for review, however, some of us have been waiting close to a year for the file to be reviewed. Our VO took three months to open my husband's ARC file and his ARC file was coming up for review at the beginning of this year but the VO pushed it forward two more months. My MP told me that in two months they may do the same, if the VO is too busy. In other words who knows, ARCs dont have specific processing times so they can take their time but once they start reviewing it, they have 30 business days to give you an answer but of course they dont tell us that.
Sorry Im so frustrated with this process, I find that there is no accountability for Visa offices and the MP cant do much other than just give you more specific information. I hope you are dealing with one of the good VO's because Vienna has been a nightmare for many of us
I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how frustrated you are, I myself have been fighting this battle for 4 years now and it is very tiring and draining financially and emotionally.

I just submitted my ARC documents to Ottawa today. They were the one who requested the ARC documents. My sponsorship was denied and I appeal and won back in October 2015 so my file was sent to Ottawa after the appeal was allowed. I am so thankful I do not have to deal with my VO but then again I am not sure if Ottawa sent it to them or approve it themself.

Violet11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Doc's Request.
ARC submitted April 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2014
File Transfer...
Dec 2014
Med's Done....
July 2014
Interview........
March 2015
WaitingSince2012 said:
I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how frustrated you are, I myself have been fighting this battle for 4 years now and it is very tiring and draining financially and emotionally.

I just submitted my ARC documents to Ottawa today. They were the one who requested the ARC documents. My sponsorship was denied and I appeal and won back in October 2015 so my file was sent to Ottawa after the appeal was allowed. I am so thankful I do not have to deal with my VO but then again I am not sure if Ottawa sent it to them or approve it themself.
Wow, which visa office were you dealing with?
Maybe the sponsor can contact the MP, if the file is in Ottawa they may be able to put some pressure. I know the current Minister is talking about faster family reunification, on March 8 he released the report to the Parliament so the information is recent

WaitingSince2012

Nov 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
Med's Request
Re-med 01-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
12-04-2013
Passport Req..
13-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-07-2016
Violet11 said:
Wow, which visa office were you dealing with?
Maybe the sponsor can contact the MP, if the file is in Ottawa they may be able to put some pressure. I know the current Minister is talking about faster family reunification, on March 8 he released the report to the Parliament so the information is recent
POS Trinidad is my VO.

Well since the file went to Ottawa things have been better, but still not as good as I would like. I went to the MP while I was waiting for the decision letter and they said they really couldn't do anything since the file was in Trinidad.

As I mentioned earlier, I submitted my husband ARC documents today to Ottawa so I am hoping it will be approved in 4 - 6 weeks time. After that should be passport request or so I am hoping lol.

dama2015

Nov 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
Doc's Request.
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
upfront
So sorry to hear about you bad experiences i am already getting impatient cant imagine having to wait years

Yes i was requested ARC but from the mexico visa office ....but i thought the payement could be paid like the fees for the sponsorship process
the letter said:
Fees are payable in (local currency) or Canadian dollars. Payment must be in the form of a bank
draft or certified cheque. Cash is not accepted for fee payment. For further information, please visit
the following web site: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/visas/fees-
frais.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

So i wasnt to.sure i guess by husband will just have to get a bank draft ...in canadian dollars?

am12345

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
atariq said:
Well we sent documents on Jan 6 , 2016 but didn't get any response until Feb 16 but then I sent an email to LVO and within 2 days got decision made when I got approval the approval date stated was Feb 9, 2016 so I guess you can get ARC approval in 4-8 weeks .
Hi all members need advise on ARC processing .

I have submitted my application and documents for ARC application last year in March/2015 waited almost 6 months and LVO officer send me e-mail that in order to continue processing application, they require Updated original federal USA (FBI) Police Certificate and given me 60 days to submit it, as I studied in USA Alabama state I have sent State Police Certificate. Visa officer send me e mail on 6th August 2015 after six months so I guess my application was just on hold for review all that period of time.
Well it takes 13-14 weeks to get USA FBI certificate and I even e mailed my LVO within a week that I have applied for it and also mentioned about time to get it which will be more than 60 days.

On November, 15 I got this e mail
You were asked on 6th August 2015 to provide updated and additional documentation and information within 45 days in order for us to complete the assessment of your eligibility and admissibility for this application.FBI clearance certificate. To this date, we have received neither the required documents nor any communication from you. You are being granted a final 30 days Sincerely, Immigration Officer

I have mailed it on 7th December 2015 before 30 days expiration with all the explanation and e mail prove that I have informed LVO of my situation. Now it’s almost 3 months and has not heard anything from LVO nothing like they received it ECS just showing "in process" . So am I again in a long queue of waiting 6 to 12 months for review by that time other documents will get expire like my country Pakistan police certificate! as I have sent it on March,15 with my ARC application.

I have got automated email for re-medical on Jan 15 after I was approved for genuine relationship. So my re-medical is also expired if it valid only for a year. Is it case specific or everybody get re-medical request before asked for ARC application submission, if it take longer like 6 to 12 months then why not the re-medical after ARC approval.

Should I e mail LVO officer to know where my immigration and ARC application stands as I got final 30 days for my immigration case as well my re-medical is expired or its normal everybody facing this so just wait for any e mail or letter from them?