Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
So, I am now past the 69 days (received August 1st) and as per the CIC website I called to inquire about my app. I was told it wasn't "late" since they say on the website they are processing July 26th. So the 69 day number, the smaller number they keep pushing on us as the processing time? It doesn't mean a thing! So the REAL number is 76 days.

Ok, so my app isn't even in the system. Probably isn't even opened yet! So I asked what order they process in because I KNOW others later in August are done. They say they can't comment on any others and I have to wait my "turn".

So I could have yet another week of waiting and why? They don't seem obliged to give me an answer. They won't even give me a "oops, we screwed up" and apologize. Sure, for everyone else who got theirs after 30 days or so are quite happy with the system. But I am not asking to be processed faster or any special priviledge. I just want to know that if I work like hell to get the app done by a certain date that they aren't going to let it sit in a corner gathering dust while they process everyone ahead of me.

Well, I've never met my MP. Maybe it's time to take a stroll down to his office...

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I got my email today saying I was approved to sponsor!
AOR from Mississauga: September 29, 2012
Sponsor Approval: October 9, 2012.

Now comes the loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnngggg wait!

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
tink23 said:

Congrats! On to stage 2! =D

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
Shylox said:
Congrats! On to stage 2! =D
Thank yoU!

I'm still worried about the medical because there hasn't been any mention of my husband's medical on ecas, and it seems most people have that input into their ecas when it first becomes live. Hopefully if something needs to be redone, the VO lets us know quickly rather than waiting months down the road when they're eventually ready to grant the visa.

Hopefully all of August will be complete by the end of next week!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scos said:
So, I am now past the 69 days (received August 1st) and as per the CIC website I called to inquire about my app. I was told it wasn't "late" since they say on the website they are processing July 26th. So the 69 day number, the smaller number they keep pushing on us as the processing time? It doesn't mean a thing! So the REAL number is 76 days.

Ok, so my app isn't even in the system. Probably isn't even opened yet! So I asked what order they process in because I KNOW others later in August are done. They say they can't comment on any others and I have to wait my "turn".

So I could have yet another week of waiting and why? They don't seem obliged to give me an answer. They won't even give me a "oops, we screwed up" and apologize. Sure, for everyone else who got theirs after 30 days or so are quite happy with the system. But I am not asking to be processed faster or any special priviledge. I just want to know that if I work like hell to get the app done by a certain date that they aren't going to let it sit in a corner gathering dust while they process everyone ahead of me.

Well, I've never met my MP. Maybe it's time to take a stroll down to his office...
Hey scos,

Hang in there a little longer - you'll get the approval soon. It's frustrating for sure, but i don't think your MP will be able to do anything. You can always try but typically the answer you will get from them is that the waiting time for now is normal. MPs are more useful when/if your application gets stuck in the second stage. In the first stage, if you pass the date written on the website, then you can try and contact them. But as long as the website says working on the 26th of July and your application was received on the 1st of August, there is not much to do than wait a little more. Believe me - I know it's frustrating, I waited 93 days to hear from CIC on stage 1... but try and "forget" about it for a week and check again in a week - easier said than done, of course, but there is nothing else to do.

Good luck with your application, I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll hear from them soon.
Cheers,
Sweden

Shylox

May 22, 2012
Vancouver, BC/Pittsburgh, PA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 13th 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
October 22nd 2012
Med's Done....
June 7th 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Never got one
VISA ISSUED...
February 21st, 2013
LANDED..........
February 28th, 2013
tink23 said:
Thank yoU!

I'm still worried about the medical because there hasn't been any mention of my husband's medical on ecas, and it seems most people have that input into their ecas when it first becomes live. Hopefully if something needs to be redone, the VO lets us know quickly rather than waiting months down the road when they're eventually ready to grant the visa.

Hopefully all of August will be complete by the end of next week!
I'm sure it will be fine, ecas isn't he most reliable thing in the world. And I hope so too! I'm trapped in with the group from the 13th, but I know I'll hear something soon =)

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
The point isn't just that it is taking a long time. The point is that they have the nerve to make it sound like they are processing based on received dates when more than half of the people in August who sent their apps in weeks after I did are already done. Mine isn't even opened! I'm sure all those from August who are in stage 2 now are happy, but all I can see is that something is very wrong with this. I can only imagine what the July people think who are still waiting...

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
scos said:

As soon as CIC update the website processing date to 1st August or after, they will be able to give you more of an answer on your application. Apparently the days processing time is counted from 'after' they open your application (ie after receiving an AOR), which looking at the spreadsheets is pretty inaccurate as most people receive approval on the day or within a couple of weeks of receiving the AOR, however that's what they usually say when he processing times are questioned.

CIC agents can be hostile at the best of times, and they don't appear to have access to much information aside from what is inputted into their system. Also the information each individual gives you is different, displaying some of the inconsistency with the training/information they are given.

There are still a number of July applicants who are still waiting to hear something from CIC. My advice is give it a couple more weeks- you will hopefully have an approval coming soon :)
Good luck!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
scos said:
The point isn't just that it is taking a long time. The point is that they have the nerve to make it sound like they are processing based on received dates when more than half of the people in August who sent their apps in weeks after I did are already done. Mine isn't even opened! I'm sure all those from August who are in stage 2 now are happy, but all I can see is that something is very wrong with this. I can only imagine what the July people think who are still waiting...
Just saw your response... yep! it is very frustrating!

About 10 August people had already received approval about a month back and I still hadn't heard anything at that time. Some people in August had only been waiting 27 days while others earlier in the year (like Sweden) had to wait 93 or longer! In general the processing times are speeding up, so it's a positive thing. I believe they process some of the months out of order and in advance to bring down the 'average' processing time. Also dividing up application between Ottawa and Mississauga means it is almost impossible to process the applications consecutively.

I have said this before, but sometimes having the spreadsheets are a double edged sword, when you see other getting their applications processed before yours.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
scos said:

fasten your seat belt and try to enjoy the ride. Immigration is not a science. Good things come to those who wait....Im still waiting !

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
tink23 said:

congrats to you tink123!!!! that is an awesome way to start the week.......let's go stage 2!!! :D

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
In other words they want to keep the processing numbers low for their own purposes. After all, if processing times are consistently high then someone may decide that something has to be changed in CIC and jobs may be on the line. Also there are ways to maintain fairness in processing time even when dividing the load between centers by properly apportioning the workload. Of course it requires a little thought and a little extra work instead of just splitting a stack of applications in half.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
scos said:
In other words they want to keep the processing numbers low for their own purposes. After all, if processing times are consistently high then someone may decide that something has to be changed in CIC and jobs may be on the line. Also there are ways to maintain fairness in processing time even when dividing the load between centers by properly apportioning the workload. Of course it requires a little thought and a little extra work instead of just splitting a stack of applications in half.
Yes, and the different story you get from different CIC agents also highlights the disorganisation of the system. It makes no sense.
I think it is a theme with immigration all around the globe, as we had exactly the same issue when processing my Partner's VISA in Australia. Some people got theirs within one months and others were still waiting after 17 months without a word (the website there states 5-12 months, regardless of nationality). It also costs 3 times as much there too ($3070 not including medicals etc!)
In general it appears with immigration, it is definitely based on luck whether you get a faster processing time or not.

theholderof4

Aug 29, 2012
tink23 said:

Congratulations!

I received the sponsorship approval email today as well.

We noticed a typographical error (expiration date of a document) on one of the forms after submitting the application. Does anyone know if it would better to provide the visa office with an electronic or hard copy of the corrected form?

Thanks!

msmart

Aug 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2012
AOR Received.
13-10-2012
File Transfer...
15-10-2012
Passport Req..
22-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
2 weeks
Has everybody on this thread filed on their own and not through a lawyer? I did through a lawyer and was told I'll hear when my application moves on to stage 2 only...