+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTENTION - ARGENTINA POLICE CERTIFICATE (PCC) - ITA

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hello!

If you need a PCC from Argentina, please read this paragraph that I took from the CIC site:

"You must specify that the certificate you need is “con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” when you apply. The certificate is not valid without this paragraph.

The following legend MUST appear on the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales: “Este documento acredita que el certificado emitido lo es con excepción al artículo 51 de Código Penal, a solicitud del propio interesado.

The certificate must be issued by the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights. Certificates issued by any other federal/provincial government offices are not accepted.

If you have a criminal record, you must give a copy of the judicial file, the verdict and the final decision with a French or English translation of all documents."

I already have mine, so please feel to ask if you have any questions.

Good luck all!

inachotp

Jun 7, 2017
Hi Latas23, I got one question. I have already filled in the Registro Nacional de Reincidencia form, downloaded it, and signed it. I was wondering where/when I had to specify that the certificate is "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” ? Do i tell the officer? Do I have to fill in another form for this required sentence to be included?

oraywatt

Jul 2, 2012
Hi Latas23
I recently applied for the PCC here in Argentina and got it today. As inachotp has said, there is nowhere to specify this on the form so when i got to the licence/certificate office,i ensured I specified the statements above. Unfortunately, the form was released today and these statements were NOT included. Quite irritating as I dont speak Spanish and was a lengthy process for me to get it. I'd have to return there tomorrow to try to find a solution, maybe another payment.

@Latas23, can you help with this? I would appreciate any assistance I can get to ensure I obtain the proper document. My email is oraywatt@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks

facuvk

Jan 17, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have mine issued on January and when I specified the paragraph in question. I have the one with the digital signature, the one you log in to download and print.

Beneath the date and who signed saids:

"Este documento acredita que el certificado emitido lo es con excepcion al articulo 51 del Codigo Penal, a solicitud del propio interesado."

So it's there. My question is for how long it is valid? according to RNR web page is only 5 days, is his correct?
How many months (or days) after it was issued would be accepted by CIC?

Hope you guys can help me!

Thanks!

florc

May 25, 2017
Hi all!!!

hope you can help me....
Once you get the online certificate do you need to translate it straight away or it needs to be certified or apostillado??

Thanks!!!
florencia

facuvk

Jan 17, 2017
Hi all!!!

hope you can help me....
Once you get the online certificate do you need to translate it straight away or it needs to be certified or apostillado??

Thanks!!!
florencia
Hi Florencia,
Are you applying from Canada or out land?

As far as I know I haven't found anywhere that you must certified or "apostillar" the Argentinian Police Certificate. Here is the requirements set by CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/argentina.asp

Regarding the translation of the file as its not in English or french it has to come with a certified translation also.

Hope this opinion helps you!

florc

May 25, 2017
Hi Florencia,
Are you applying from Canada or out land?

As far as I know I haven't found anywhere that you must certified or "apostillar" the Argentinian Police Certificate. Here is the requirements set by CIC: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/central-south-amer/argentina.asp

Regarding the translation of the file as its not in English or french it has to come with a certified translation also.

Hope this opinion helps you!
thank you facu!
I am applying from overseas so I need to send the online police certificate to the Argentinian consulate in Australia and they are going to put a stamp.

thanks for your help!!
flor

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
Hello!

If you need a PCC from Argentina, please read this paragraph that I took from the CIC site:

"You must specify that the certificate you need is “con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal” when you apply. The certificate is not valid without this paragraph.

The following legend MUST appear on the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales: “Este documento acredita que el certificado emitido lo es con excepción al artículo 51 de Código Penal, a solicitud del propio interesado.

The certificate must be issued by the Federal Ministry of Justice and Human Rights. Certificates issued by any other federal/provincial government offices are not accepted.

If you have a criminal record, you must give a copy of the judicial file, the verdict and the final decision with a French or English translation of all documents."

I already have mine, so please feel to ask if you have any questions.

Good luck all!
Hi Latas23!

Thank you for your post! I requested the PCC from Argentina while living in Canada (currently outside Canada and Argentina), and I have a question for you: Do you need to have it certified by the Argentinian Consulate to be valid or is it valid just as you print it from the link provided by the RENAR? I'd really appreciate it if you could clarify this for me as the Consulate people in Toronto weren't sure about it. Thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers!

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hello mvmt!

I'm not sure... I just uploaded the same PCC that I got from the RENAR website, with the electronic sign. They don't need for sure the Apostillad de la Haya since Canada is not part of that agreement. I did not find any text that specifies that it needs to be legalized.
What I did do was translate it by a sworn translator, with signature and stamp.
In case CIC contacts me regarding thi issue, I'll let you know.

Good Luck!

facuvk

Jan 17, 2017
Hello mvmt!

I'm not sure... I just uploaded the same PCC that I got from the RENAR website, with the electronic sign. They don't need for sure the Apostillad de la Haya since Canada is not part of that agreement. I did not find any text that specifies that it needs to be legalized.
What I did do was translate it by a sworn translator, with signature and stamp.
In case CIC contacts me regarding thi issue, I'll let you know.

Good Luck!
Hi, Latas23

You upload the PCC trough MyCIC? How you upload the translation? I uploaded today trough MyCIC and it doesn't allowed more than 1 file, so I upload the RENAR file with the digital signature and send a web form with the translation (Because if you merge the digitally signed file with the translation in my case it loose the digital signature properties). Did you do something similar? Just to be sure in case I need to re upload something.

Thanks!

florc

May 25, 2017
Hi, Latas23

You upload the PCC trough MyCIC? How you upload the translation? I uploaded today trough MyCIC and it doesn't allowed more than 1 file, so I upload the RENAR file with the digital signature and send a web form with the translation (Because if you merge the digitally signed file with the translation in my case it loose the digital signature properties). Did you do something similar? Just to be sure in case I need to re upload something.

Thanks!
Hi mvmt!!

How did you send a web form?? It happens the same to me when i want to upload the files... i cannot merge them.

Thanks!!
Flor

facuvk

Jan 17, 2017
Hi mvmt!!

How did you send a web form?? It happens the same to me when i want to upload the files... i cannot merge them.

Thanks!!
Flor
Hi Flor,

This is the link for sending a Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

They told me that Web Forms tend to take a long time to be received sometimes, but I couldn't think of another way of sending the PCC translation. I'm in a watsapp group ( https://chat.whatsapp.com/invite/JTdgaSWUBsTIq8EWpZ2f9E ) where some of the members already send it this way. The PCC file I uploaded had this file name: PCC Argentina digitally signed (translation sent via web form).pdf , Then I send the Web Form with the translation attached and a small text explaining why I'm uploading this file trough there. The thing with web forms is that they don't answer back to you so often. so you must check your MyCIC to see how it goes. But I think you already know that MyCIC doesn't always work on time.

florc

May 25, 2017
Thak you facu!!!... I think I am going to upload the Argentinian police certificate without the digital signature and then send the one with the digital signature through a web form. My problem is that I am not only have the translations but also other police certificates so I am going to explain that and send the police certificates with the signatures through a web form.
I was looking for a program to keep the signature when combining documents but do not think it is possible.

thanks,
Flor

Maria99

May 9, 2017
hi guys, I really need help with this :(:(:(. I have been rejected because of the PCC of Argentina...soooooo disappointing!!!! they say this:

The Police certificate from Argentina that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/

All my application rejected because of that! I cant believe it..my document is correct, it includes the paragraph of the article 155 and I sent them the translation from a certified translator. After reading the message of the thing of the electronic signature of the file i thought that maybe its related to that, I had to obtain 5 police certificates and i created one pdf file merging all of them cause there was no other way to upload them. Rechecking the files i sent i just realized i sent only the translation of the certificates, may that be the problem? at least they could have given me the chance notifying me to send the original.. Did any of you had the same problem or was your certificate accepted?

Thanks

florc

May 25, 2017
hi guys, I really need help with this :(:(:(. I have been rejected because of the PCC of Argentina...soooooo disappointing!!!! they say this:

The Police certificate from Argentina that you provided with your application is not acceptable. Please consult our website in order to determine the required document. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/

All my application rejected because of that! I cant believe it..my document is correct, it includes the paragraph of the article 155 and I sent them the translation from a certified translator. After reading the message of the thing of the electronic signature of the file i thought that maybe its related to that, I had to obtain 5 police certificates and i created one pdf file merging all of them cause there was no other way to upload them. Rechecking the files i sent i just realized i sent only the translation of the certificates, may that be the problem? at least they could have given me the chance notifying me to send the original.. Did any of you had the same problem or was your certificate accepted?

Thanks
Hi Maria,

So sorry to hear that...I remember that I presented the Ccp that is requested with that article in Spanish( PDF) then the translation and then I sent through a web form the original. The original I remember that must be sent cause it is signed by an authorized person and if u merge it with other documents that signature disappear. Apply again and make sure that u sent everything in original and translation this time.

Hope it works this that..
Cheers,
Flor