+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATTENTION - ARGENTINA POLICE CERTIFICATE (PCC) - ITA

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Hi Guys,

I know this post is already pretty old, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Together with my girlfriend, we obtained a PCC from Argentina each with the specified sentence.

We had it legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and stamped by the Argentine Consulate, hence the signature, despite being digital, and having been printed out, should be legal (legalized and stamped signature). Do you believe this is the case?

We will consequently upload a scanned version of the PCC's with legalization and stamped to MyCIC and send through web-form each translation, is this the correct way to proceed?

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Best,
Help please

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
I know that this is an old thread but I need help, I have my police certificate with the art 51 exception in digital form. Do I need a print of that in color to be notarized and translated or it's ok If I only.mail the color print+certified translation. The question is do I need the color print+notarized color print+certified translation or only color print+certified translation. I'm from Argentina please help.
I guess it depends on what you are applying for. For paper based permanent residence, the guide shows "If the original certificate isn’t in English or French, you must get an accredited translator to translate it. You must include both the police certificate and the original copy of the translation.". Since you get a PDF, it means you can submit a printout of the police certificate + the original copy of the translation. I would go for your second option: "only color print+certified translation".

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Hi!

Immigration Canada rejected the PCC I sent because it doesn't say about the art. 51. But I can send it again, so I am trying to request online but I didn't find where should ask for the art. 51.
Is it in "Sistema de gestion e informacion al usuario" and after "Consulta"?

I Hope you can help me
Thank you

Hi veronicarolando,

While filling in the form online, in "para ser presentada:....." also mention the line "con excepción al artículo 51 del Codigo Penal".
I had discussed this from Argentian Embassy here in India and they provided me this info. Also I have received the PCC from argentina and it contains this info. In the PCC it will be like below.

Art. 8 Inciso f ) Ley Nro. 22.117
Con excepción Art. 51 Código Penal
El presente Documento Digital es el Certificado de Antecedentes Penales conforme los términos de la Ley....

Hope this will help you..!!!

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hello I know this is a bit old but I hope someone can take this problem out of my head :(

I requested my PCC online with the article 51 quote. But I have a concern about the document being only digital form. Even if the document states that's the only version of it so there's no 'paper original'. Can someone confirm if printing it and sending it like that is okay? Please help

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
Hello I know this is a bit old but I hope someone can take this problem out of my head :(

I requested my PCC online with the article 51 quote. But I have a concern about the document being only digital form. Even if the document states that's the only version of it so there's no 'paper original'. Can someone confirm if printing it and sending it like that is okay? Please help
Print, translate, and send: printed version which will be your original and the certified translation.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022
Hi guys, I've got the PCC with the line "con excepción al artículo 51 del Codigo Penal". I can have it translated with a certified translator from the "Colegio de Traductores Públicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires".

Do I also need to "legalise" these translations at the Colegio and pay the additional $630 pesos fee? Or is it enough to have the PCC translated by the certified translator with its certified stamp?

Thanks for the help!!

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Hi guys, I've got the PCC with the line "con excepción al artículo 51 del Codigo Penal". I can have it translated with a certified translator from the "Colegio de Traductores Públicos de la Ciudad de Buenos Aires".

Do I also need to "legalise" these translations at the Colegio and pay the additional $630 pesos fee? Or is it enough to have the PCC translated by the certified translator with its certified stamp?

Thanks for the help!!
Hi @quilleroarg:
Only Certified Translation along with Original is enough. I had submitted the Scan of Original (in Color) and Certified Translated Document (in Color) and I have received my CoPR.

quilleroarg

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Barranquilla
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
31-03-2020
Passport Req..
18-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2022
LANDED..........
06-04-2022

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Hi All,

My wife did the Argentina's PCC in Toronto. You have to go to the consulate to get your fingerprints and pay the fee. After that, you fill an online form (everything will be explained in the consulate), and the result will be available online. Just go to the consulate and they will be able to help you there.
Could you please explain what documents to carry before going to consulate office for PCC?

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Hi @quilleroarg:
Only Certified Translation along with Original is enough. I had submitted the Scan of Original (in Color) and Certified Translated Document (in Color) and I have received my CoPR.
Congrats..!!
Could you please explain the complete process how to apply PCC for Argentina. I'm currently in Edmonton and I want to apply PCC from here. Kindly respond with the steps how to start the process?

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Could someone please help me to get PCC for Argentina?
I worked in Argentina for about 1.6 years in my last 10 years. I am currently working in Edmonton, Canada. I want to apply for Argentina PCC from Edmonton. Is it possible to apply PCC without visiting to Argentina, Consulate office in Toronto?

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Can you please explain the complete process to apply PCC for Argentina?
Hi @visupreddy
I applied for Argentina PCC from India. So I can share my experience with you as to the process involved if you are in India (however I think this is the process from anywhere).
Initially I filled a form which is available in ministries website
https://www.argentina.gob.ar/justicia/reincidencia/antecedentespenales

Note: 1. While filling in the form online, in "para ser presentada:....." also mention the line "con excepción al artículo 51 del Codigo Penal" .
2. You need to provide photocopy of the id (passport or local identity) of the person who will apply it on your behalf in Argentina.

After, you have done the online procedure and made the payment, send the form to a person in consulate, so that they can take the print out on the paper they require (they have some kind of paper which they use. You can check your local embassy about this).

Then you can schedule a date to meet at their consulate office for the finger prints and the signature (They again use some special paper to get your fingerprint and also take some copy of you passport. This is the reason they ask for Consulate visit.

Once all procedure is done, then they gave me all the document they had collected/collated and asked me to send it to the person in Argentina who can then submit the same to some office (not able to recollect the office, but you will be able find that in net).
Once the documents are submitted and verified then in a weeks time you will receive mail with the link to download the PCC. The mail will have some pass code which when you enter will have the PCC for download.
The PCC is in Spanish and the you have to get the PCC translated through certified translator and send the color scan copy of the original and the translated document to IRCC.

Hope this helps you..!!!

Thanks

Laufraga

Oct 3, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I just received my ARG PCC with the "Excepción al articulo 51 del código penal" disclaimer on it.

I am about to upload it to MYCIC profile, but the website asks me if there is an expiration date for the certificate? Reading online apparently it DOES NOT EXPIRE but on the RNR website, it says it's valid for 5 days after being issued...? It's confusing, so I wanted to double check if anyone here knows? Help please!!!
It makes no sense that it's valid for only 5 days after being issued, right?

THANKS!