Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Hi guys - I realize this thread is several months old, but I thought I would give this a try. I posted elsewhere on the forum, but I'm really looking for people who have had first-hand experience getting the PCC from abroad. We live in BC and when my partner logged on to the link provided by the CIC (Obtaining PCC - Argentina), he was able to get partway through the process but then we had to stop. When it asked him to select a province for his address, the only option given was Montreal (!!). It seems like people on this thread were able to successfully apply for the PCC and have a secure PDF emailed to them. Do you just ignore the fact that it says Montreal, or what?

We will try give the Consulate a call tomorrow after Labour Day, but I was wondering how people have dealt with this. Surely we can't be the only people trying to get an Argentinian PCC outside of Montreal. I feel bad creating a thread about the PCC and then replying here, but I'm trying to find others who have been in the same boat.

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am from India and need to apply for PCC from Argentina.
For that can I ask my friend to collect it on my behalf.
Please let me know the process and document required to be provided to my fried for him to be able to collect the PCC from Buenos Aires.

Please help me out.

Thanks
Prabodh

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Hi Prabodh
We're still trying to get things sorted out, but I'll let you know what we find out. I know if you're in Argentina, you're supposed to go and have your fingerprints done. Apparently the Consulate lists a set of criteria that - if you meet them - will allow you to order a PCC online. We meet the criteria and tried, but we're still having a hard time trying to pay. The office in Buenos Aires is apparently on strike right now, but hopefully my partner's mum will be able to go on Thursday and check for us.

When we called the Consulate in Toronto, they said we might have to go there and order it. It's expensive for us to get to the Consulate, so we're going to hold out and see if the online method will work.

afelixrg

Feb 20, 2015
Hi All,

My wife did the Argentina's PCC in Toronto. You have to go to the consulate to get your fingerprints and pay the fee. After that, you fill an online form (everything will be explained in the consulate), and the result will be available online. Just go to the consulate and they will be able to help you there.

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Hi Afelixrg
Thanks for your message. We were holding out on going to the Consulate because of the cost (we live in BC), but it looks like we will have to do that.

Thanks!

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
H
Hi Prabodh
We're still trying to get things sorted out, but I'll let you know what we find out. I know if you're in Argentina, you're supposed to go and have your fingerprints done. Apparently the Consulate lists a set of criteria that - if you meet them - will allow you to order a PCC online. We meet the criteria and tried, but we're still having a hard time trying to pay. The office in Buenos Aires is apparently on strike right now, but hopefully my partner's mum will be able to go on Thursday and check for us.

When we called the Consulate in Toronto, they said we might have to go there and order it. It's expensive for us to get to the Consulate, so we're going to hold out and see if the online method will work.
Hi dstpcansgirlfriend,

Thanks for the reply.
However I want to know that when filling the form online for PCC, it mentions that someone from Argentina needs to collect it, and for that while filling the form need to provide details.
So whose details did you provide and also the option you selected out of

1. By Legal
2.By Proxy
3. By Authorization

Appreciate your response.

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
You can get the Police Certificate from Argentina "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal", if you have:

1. A bank account in Argentina with PagoMisCuentas activated OR
  2. An AFIP clave fiscal level 2 OR
  3. A national ID (DNI) AND an utility bill paid within the past 10 years (with these two you can get the AFIP clave fiscal level 2)
If you request it online, it will not come with the "art. 51", but the normal process is to request the modification online once the certificate is ready. There's a specific option to ask for the "art. 51" thing on their website. On this request form, they ask for a signed letter asking for the art. 51 exception and a copy of your national ID, that you can upload in PDF format.

Letter would be something like: "Solicito que el certificado de antecedentes penales sea emitido con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal. [your name] [national ID number] [signature]"

Note: If you don't have the bank account with PagoMisCuentas activated you may need to ask someone who's physically there to go to a postal office or bank and pay the fees. I haven't tried transferring money to their specified bank account which may work too.

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/

aguscoria

Jul 2, 2018
Hi Guys,

I know this post is already pretty old, but I thought I'd give it a try.

Together with my girlfriend, we obtained a PCC from Argentina each with the specified sentence.

We had it legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and stamped by the Argentine Consulate, hence the signature, despite being digital, and having been printed out, should be legal (legalized and stamped signature). Do you believe this is the case?

We will consequently upload a scanned version of the PCC's with legalization and stamped to MyCIC and send through web-form each translation, is this the correct way to proceed?

Thank you in advance for the replies.

Best,

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

Together with my girlfriend, we obtained a PCC from Argentina each with the specified sentence.

We had it legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and stamped by the Argentine Consulate, hence the signature, despite being digital, and having been printed out, should be legal (legalized and stamped signature). Do you believe this is the case?

We will consequently upload a scanned version of the PCC's with legalization and stamped to MyCIC and send through web-form each translation, is this the correct way to proceed?

Best,
I just printed out the PDF and have it translated. I sent printed PDF + translator's certified copy + translation. If sending documents electronically I would send the PDF itself + translator's certified copy + translation.

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Guys,

Best,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/argentina.html

"Once the application process is complete, you will receive a certificate with a security code that will give you access to the certificate online. You must email, fax or mail the Certificado de Antecedentes Penales to the visa office."

Hope this helps

Reactions: dstpcansgirlfriend
May 18, 2019
You can get the Police Certificate from Argentina "con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal", if you have:

1. A bank account in Argentina with PagoMisCuentas activated OR
  2. An AFIP clave fiscal level 2 OR
  3. A national ID (DNI) AND an utility bill paid within the past 10 years (with these two you can get the AFIP clave fiscal level 2)
If you request it online, it will not come with the "art. 51", but the normal process is to request the modification online once the certificate is ready. There's a specific option to ask for the "art. 51" thing on their website. On this request form, they ask for a signed letter asking for the art. 51 exception and a copy of your national ID, that you can upload in PDF format.

Letter would be something like: "Solicito que el certificado de antecedentes penales sea emitido con excepción al artículo 51 del Código Penal. [your name] [national ID number] [signature]"

Note: If you don't have the bank account with PagoMisCuentas activated you may need to ask someone who's physically there to go to a postal office or bank and pay the fees. I haven't tried transferring money to their specified bank account which may work too.

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/

Hi!

Immigration Canada rejected the PCC I sent because it doesn't say about the art. 51. But I can send it again, so I am trying to request online but I didn't find where should ask for the art. 51.
Is it in "Sistema de gestion e informacion al usuario" and after "Consulta"?

I Hope you can help me
Thank you

mmbb1430@yahoo.com.ar

Mar 30, 2017
Hi!

Immigration Canada rejected the PCC I sent because it doesn't say about the art. 51. But I can send it again, so I am trying to request online but I didn't find where should ask for the art. 51.

I Hope you can help me
Thank you
This is the normal process:

Once you receive the one that doesn't specify the art. 51, follow these steps.

Go to: http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/
  • Tramites particulares
  • Sistema de Gestion e Informacion al usuario
  • Reclamos
  • Reclamo – Tramitacion
  • El tramite no fue entregado con excepcion al art. 51 del Codigo Penal
Enter your information and then you will be able to attach documents.

You must include a signed letter requesting the art. 51, with a copy of your national identity document.

The letter should say something like “Requiero que el tramite indique que es emitido con excepcion al art.51 del Codigo Penal”, include your full name, signature and national identification number.

I think you have a maximum of 30 days since you get it to request this change. They were very quick responding back with the new one: 1 day or so.

• Love
Reactions: 2Merry

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Hi!

I Hope you can help me
Thank you
I know that this is an old thread but I need help, I have my police certificate with the art 51 exception in digital form. Do I need a print of that in color to be notarized and translated or it's ok If I only.mail the color print+certified translation. The question is do I need the color print+notarized color print+certified translation or only color print+certified translation. I'm from Argentina please help.