Med's Done....
27-03-2012
Interview........
Doubt it
LANDED..........
Feb 2013??
abhi292000 said:
Hi Rosie,

Thanks for the quick response...yes i will do what you said and hope they will link both the papers and not ask me to resend them again hope for the best....so when u sent the corrected form did they sent u any acknowledgement or did they ask for the same form later again please let me know that.

Thnaks
Abhishek
I'm still in the waiting game like you. April applicants arn't expecting to hear anything till the end of June at least.
So I'm really hoping that my app is opened by someone with some common sense ::)

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Damn! I really can't wait (excited) until we start seeing people from April getting approved!

Let's all hope that CIC gets with it over the next couple of weeks!!!

FS

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:
Damn! I really can't wait (excited) until we start seeing people from April getting approved!

Let's all hope that CIC gets with it over the next couple of weeks!!!

FS
FS....think you are in the home stretch now....just hang in there.....!!!!

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
I'm doing everything I can to stay calm...I've been doing as much as I can to keep busy so I am not always thinking about it. My wife, of course, is super relaxed about the whole thing and doesn't think we will have any troubles (I'm the worrier!).

I just hope my approval doesn't take longer than 100 days. I can do 100, but not 120. The application needs to be in Hong Kong by the beginning of September if we are to have a shot at getting out of China before my wife's medical expires (March 1st!). Everything is arranged...the only thing we need to do is sell our car, exchange our money to CAD$ or wire it, pack our gear, buy our plane tickets (already found a direct flight from Hong Kong to Toronto on Cathay Pacific), get our dogs vaccinated and all travel permits arranged (already have a quote from a company that will drive us direct all the way to the Hong Kong airport - we insisted to travel with our dogs and see them off before paying them the other 50%)...some other minor things, but everything is set...I'll admit I even partially packed my suitcase :p Yes, it's a tad premature...but I want to go home with my family so badly!!!

I check my e-mail inbox and spam folder daily...it's driving me nuts...and I come to this forum all the time, but I find it helps to calm me...though at times it makes me anxious...I just want this to be over with so that we can re-establish in Canada and get on with our lives! We've had a great run here in China...but it's time to put roots down...I'm tired of the expat life...

FS

mobeyk

Oct 10, 2011
Picton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2012
Doc's Request.
additional docs 29-08-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
10-07-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 8 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 10 2012
Fencesitter said:
I'm doing everything I can to stay calm...I've been doing as much as I can to keep busy so I am not always thinking about it. My wife, of course, is super relaxed about the whole thing and doesn't think we will have any troubles (I'm the worrier!).

I just hope my approval doesn't take longer than 100 days. I can do 100, but not 120. The application needs to be in Hong Kong by the beginning of September if we are to have a shot at getting out of China before my wife's medical expires (March 1st!). Everything is arranged...the only thing we need to do is sell our car, exchange our money to CAD$ or wire it, pack our gear, buy our plane tickets (already found a direct flight from Hong Kong to Toronto on Cathay Pacific), get our dogs vaccinated and all travel permits arranged (already have a quote from a company that will drive us direct all the way to the Hong Kong airport - we insisted to travel with our dogs and see them off before paying them the other 50%)...some other minor things, but everything is set...I'll admit I even partially packed my suitcase :p Yes, it's a tad premature...but I want to go home with my family so badly!!!

I check my e-mail inbox and spam folder daily...it's driving me nuts...and I come to this forum all the time, but I find it helps to calm me...though at times it makes me anxious...I just want this to be over with so that we can re-establish in Canada and get on with our lives! We've had a great run here in China...but it's time to put roots down...I'm tired of the expat life...

FS
There is a lesson for you in this FS. Sorry if I stick my opinion in this. I have experience with changing countries. I did it twice and every time i thought lets get the heck out of here. I felt like you leaving Iran and Germany. I had waiting times too that were unbearable. It took me 2 Years to finally land in Canada with a torturous wait. One thing I learned out of it was that I had to accept the country I was in and it had nothing to do with how I felt. Once I made peace with where I was leaving things fell in place. Canada is a great country. There are problems too and they are different. In reality it does not matter where we are. If we have gratitude with our life and with what we have things will go well and we have no worries and there is anxiousness. I know that you will get to Canada before I embrace my wife in Toronto at the airport. Do not worry, use your time and enjoy your family. I am certain you do that and you will leave China with gratitude as it gave you your love, is the birthplace of your child and has supplied you for the last few years. Cheers and good luck. All will be good.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
I understand.....life as it is, is on hold right now and we are not the ones in control.....a fact which drives me nuts. Due to my job and of course money....I can only go see my husband every 3 to 4 months and because he is not from a visa exempt country he can't get out of his......so I was really really hoping that come Sept/Oct I would fly down and incorporate a visit with him with his interview......99% sure he will be required to have one...not too many in Cuba go without....but that was when I was blissfully niave and thinking I applied in February so I should have approval no later than the beginning of May.....ha!!! So now my predicament is this....if go in Sept/Oct for a visit and then he gets called for an interview in Nov there is no way I will get the time off work but if I don't go for a visit in Sept/Oct and wait for the interview it will go against us because it will have been a long time since we seen each other......so at this point I don't know what the heck to do.

Well that is my beef...LOL.....and you are right this forum is amazing. Can't believe I have only known about it for 3 weeks and I actually stumbled on to it by accident.......

So where are you heading to in Canada FS???

Sunshine87

Apr 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
AOR Received.
July 5, 2012
File Transfer...
July 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 10, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Oct 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 30, 2012
LANDED..........
Dec 30, 2012
Fencesitter said:

FS
I've been checking my email spam inbox for the past few weeks daily, as well. I feel like I've been relatively patient up to this point, but I'm getting anxious about receiving the sponsorship approval. I'll be less anxious about step 2 tho because come September, I'll be heading to Arizona to wait it out with hubby.

Hang in there, FS. The HK process seems to be fairly quick, and it looks like you'll be ready to leave China immediately after receiving your landing date :D

Here's hoping CIC gets their butts into gear this coming week before the long weekend. We'll lose a valuable processing day next week thanks to Canada Day :eek:

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Sunshine87 said:
I've been checking my email spam inbox for the past few weeks daily, as well. I feel like I've been relatively patient up to this point, but I'm getting anxious about receiving the sponsorship approval. I'll be less anxious about step 2 tho because come September, I'll be heading to Arizona to wait it out with hubby.

Hang in there, FS. The HK process seems to be fairly quick, and it looks like you'll be ready to leave China immediately after receiving your landing date :D

Here's hoping CIC gets their butts into gear this coming week before the long weekend. We'll lose a valuable processing day next week thanks to Canada Day :eek:
yes it is sad when we are upset about a holiday day taking time away from progress at CIC......but every day counts especially when things have been so slow but I really hope the April people hear fast fast fast...... ;D

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
I hope your wishes comes true not just for April ppl but for everyone...

I am really glad to be part of such a wonderful forum... It is like a Journey which has ups & downs and some interesting twists in between...

I wish everyone gets their dream visa at the earliest !!!

KJG said:
yes it is sad when we are upset about a holiday day taking time away from progress at CIC......but every day counts especially when things have been so slow but I really hope the April people hear fast fast fast...... ;D

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
mobeyk said:
There is a lesson for you in this FS. Sorry if I stick my opinion in this. I have experience with changing countries. I did it twice and every time i thought lets get the heck out of here. I felt like you leaving Iran and Germany. I had waiting times too that were unbearable. It took me 2 Years to finally land in Canada with a torturous wait. One thing I learned out of it was that I had to accept the country I was in and it had nothing to do with how I felt. Once I made peace with where I was leaving things fell in place. Canada is a great country. There are problems too and they are different. In reality it does not matter where we are. If we have gratitude with our life and with what we have things will go well and we have no worries and there is anxiousness. I know that you will get to Canada before I embrace my wife in Toronto at the airport. Do not worry, use your time and enjoy your family. I am certain you do that and you will leave China with gratitude as it gave you your love, is the birthplace of your child and has supplied you for the last few years. Cheers and good luck. All will be good.
Thanks for this...it has given me some perspective. In fairness, I haven't always hated it here in China. There are still things I love about this country. I suppose that I am just sick of being an expat. Before China, I lived in Thailand. Before that, I lived in the US. Life as an expat is good, but now that we have a son, stability is very important to us. I have amazing memories of all the places I have lived, and no doubt, I appreciate everything I have learned along the way. China has taught me a lot! I know when I am back in Canada I will miss certain aspects of life in Asia...I just hope that my transition to life in Canada will be smooth and that I won't go through too much reverse culture shock.

We just booked the Marriott on Hong Kong island for a week in August. That will definitely help us to unwind a bit. It will be our first time travelling with our son, so it should be a lot of fun! This also gives us something to look forward to, which is another distraction from the CIC waiting game.

Come on CIC!!! Work those applications and give us all approvals quickly!!!

FS

canadiangirl78

Champion Member
Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 21
AOR Received.
Mississauga: May 10, Mexico: June 4
File Transfer...
May 16
Med's Done....
Dec 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
July 6
VISA ISSUED...
July 13
LANDED..........
August 2, 2012
I heard about that forced late term abortion in China which I know is not a one time event and I felt sick. I could never live there. I don't even want to visit anymore. Your family will have a better life in Canada.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Those are the things I hate about China. That story made me sick...my wife showed me pictures...I nearly puked! There are so many similar stories...we have to import all our son's baby food and milk formula from a supermarket in New Zealand because we are so scared of the food quality. Yes, we're spending a lot on shipping, but we will not take any risks when it comes to our son. Money is of no importance when we're talking about a new life, right?

It's fine to visit...there are lots of things to see and experience...but to raise a child??? No way...

FS

abhi292000

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20.June.2022
Doc's Request.
not yet
Hi Rosie,

Thanks again for reply...i m also thinking calling call center and ask them if i can meet any representative in personal if they can give me appointment..and will also send them copy hope they accept it....u applied in feb and still get feedback from them my ghosh....v pray for u and all the best

Abhi

Rosie Lee said:
I'm still in the waiting game like you. April applicants arn't expecting to hear anything till the end of June at least.
So I'm really hoping that my app is opened by someone with some common sense ::)

bryandd

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/04/2012
File Transfer...
18/07/2012
Med's Done....
20/03/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
18/10/2012
LANDED..........
28/11/2012
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had any luck on the Canadian Immigration website with the 'check your application online' bit? We've been checking it for weeks and getting the same NO reply...we feel alot like everyone else on here, just waiting and waiting to hear anything..my wife's OCD is going into overtime and I fear she may go insane before this process is finished.. :-[

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
bryandd said:
Hello, just wondering if anyone has had any luck on the Canadian Immigration website with the 'check your application online' bit? We've been checking it for weeks and getting the same NO reply...we feel alot like everyone else on here, just waiting and waiting to hear anything..my wife's OCD is going into overtime and I fear she may go insane before this process is finished.. :-[
have you received and AOR or approval letter yet???? the receipt number does not work.....it has to be the UCI number or Application number for logging on.......