+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjay said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to update, I was informed by my lawyer today that my file got transferred to Los Angeles Consulate. Here are my timelines:

CIO Application - June 2009
AOR from CIO - Sep 18 2009
Docs submitted to Buffalo - Jan 16 2010
Returned from Buffalo - Mar 9 2010
Resubmitted to Buffalo - Mar 10 2010
AOR from Buffalo - April 28 2010
Transferred to Los Angeles - May 20 2010

Hope everything will turn out ok with Los Angeles Consulate.

Good news, you might get the medical request within few weeks.

Good luck.

abingc

Jan 28, 2009
My Stats:

Applied under FSW1 - Nova Scotia - Jan 2009
Transfered to Buffalo - Feb 2009
Appln submitted to Buffalo with IELTs - May 2009
Tfr to NY - Jan 27, 2010
Req. for Medical , Interview waived - Apr 23, 2010 (Deadline for medical - 60 days...)

since i am in no hurry - i although got my medicals done - i'll send my landing fee closer to 60 day deadline - say by June 15th..

when do you think i will get the passport request ? How much time is given to submit passports ?

After i submit the passports - how long it is generally taken for them to send back the passports stamped ? How much time is provided before which landing needs to be made then ??

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Hi pasi,

Please keep us update about the timeline that NY will take for the next step.....

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abingc said:
when do you think i will get the passport request ?
After they receive your medical results from Ottawa, and your documents are complete with no problems, the passport request might be within 2 weeks from receiving your medicals.

abingc said:
How much time is given to submit passports ?

The time given to the applicants to send their passport is usually 60 days (from what i see).

abingc said:
After i submit the passports - how long it is generally taken for them to send back the passports stamped ?

2 to 3 weeks.

abingc said:
How much time is provided before which landing needs to be made then ??
The period of time given to you for landing is the same as the expiry date of your PR visa which is usually 12 months or less (which is determined based on the period of time left in your medical test expiry date and your passport expiry date).

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
canadacanada said:
Hi pasi,

Please keep us update about the timeline that NY will take for the next step.....

thanks
Sure I will keep posting my updates here, though I don't expect any update in the near future :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Have you noticed that Buffalo visa office is posting employment opportunities for the "Operations Assistant" which in the details for the job description says:

"Under the general supervision of the responsible officer an operations assistant creates immigrant files
on the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), and prepares and mails application forms and related material; performs routine case processing actions; provides Program Assistant support; and performs other duties using WordPerfect, electronic mail, basic and specialized computer programs such as the Field Operational Support System (FOSS), Octel and Microsoft Access."

The source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/offices-bureaux/employment-emploi.aspx?alng=eng&menu_id=364&menu=L

It is actually a good sign which means that Buffalo is working on improving their processing procedures, as well as their processing time.

Silent.ocean

Apr 7, 2010
Hello
i need your help.please guide me seniors
i got AOR
i stated 12 point or IELTS
2 day back i hav given an IELTS but i dont thnk that i will get 12 point
if i get below this my applcation would be rejected..My uestion is if i get marrid n 120s period so ill they conider my spouse point??
thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Silent.ocean said:
Hello

if i get marrid n 120s period so ill they conider my spouse point??

thanks

Yes, if your wife is eligible for any points, they will add them to your points as long as you informed them regarding the update providing the appropriate supporting documents.

preetdhillon4u

Star Member
May 22, 2010
NEW YORK
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
4 NOV 2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Hi All.

Please accept me as Newbie..I likely to file an application to NS this week...but i have one question..!! I was legally admitted in new york and stayed legally for around 14 months...now i'm out of status.!! Can they process my application.?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
preetdhillon4u said:
Hi All.

Please accept me as Newbie..I likely to file an application to NS this week...but i have one question..!! I was legally admitted in new york and stayed legally for around 14 months...now i'm out of status.!! Can they process my application.?
If you decide to file from Buffalo, the only criteria is that you should have stayed in the U.S. legally for at least one year -- which applies in your case. So yes, they will process your application.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Silent.ocean said:
Hello
i got AOR
i stated 12 point or IELTS
2 day back i hav given an IELTS but i dont thnk that i will get 12 point
if i get below this my applcation would be rejected..My uestion is if i get marrid n 120s period so ill they conider my spouse point??
thanks
First of, it depends on what your calculation is, based on your IELTS and other documents. If you are close to 67 (considering IELTS and other points), marriage will help ONLY if your spouse has the requisite education etc. and provided you submit the new documentation to immigration within the 120 days.

My personal suggestion is calculate your points thoroughly before sending the documents to CIC.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
professional 1 said:
Hi guys,

Have you noticed that Buffalo visa office is posting employment opportunities for the "Operations Assistant" which in the details for the job description says:

"Under the general supervision of the responsible officer an operations assistant creates immigrant files
on the Computer Assisted Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), and prepares and mails application forms and related material; performs routine case processing actions; provides Program Assistant support; and performs other duties using WordPerfect, electronic mail, basic and specialized computer programs such as the Field Operational Support System (FOSS), Octel and Microsoft Access."

The source: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/offices-bureaux/employment-emploi.aspx?alng=eng&menu_id=364&menu=L

It is actually a good sign which means that Buffalo is working on improving their processing procedures, as well as their processing time.
If you look at some timelines in Delhi or some European visa offices, I think it is about time Buffalo woke up. The fastest I know is someone from Austria getting his PR within 5 months. Guess there ain't a whole lot of folks applying from Austria -- CIC Vienna must be delighted & excited to receive his one application.

Mark

preetdhillon4u

Star Member
May 22, 2010
NEW YORK
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
4 NOV 2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Thanks Mark...

U boosted my confidence.! Thnx a lot

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
@professional 1 :-

I have one question to u as i'm in the same path like u.
Did u get any email notification for medical request or the medical forms directly came through physical mail ?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
MarkCan said:
If you look at some timelines in Delhi or some European visa offices, I think it is about time Buffalo woke up. The fastest I know is someone from Austria getting his PR within 5 months. Guess there ain't a whole lot of folks applying from Austria -- CIC Vienna must be delighted & excited to receive his one application.

Mark
The issue with Buffalo is that it deals with a pretty high number of applicants. Apart from a high volume of within US applicants from varied nationalities who are bridging the opportunities between US and Canada, it also deals with the applicants based currently at Canada( again from varied nationalities).

Bear in mind that the background checks for foreign nationals in the application process is fairly extensive - and it will typically take much lesser time if these nationals apply in their home base.

So I personally feel that although our Buffalo may appear slower than other consulates mentioned, and causing us much frustration :-X, it is doing OK given the load and the circumsatnces under which it is compelled to act.

Also from the posts in these forums, we in Buffalo seem to have gotten medical requests from as recent as September 09. This is really not too bad gven the pace at which for instance Manila,London, Islamabad and varied consulates in Latin America and Africa are going.

Yes,of course, we do not compare with New Delhi - yet we should not forget that Delhi itself was taking about 2-5 years to finalize its cases not too long ago. That was the time Buffalo was actually disposing cases in about 18 months. It therefore hasn't quite slowed down as much as we like to suppose it has.

So lets take heart and not feel so negative about our consulate :D.

Just my two cents just to keep our optimism going my friends.