+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
I am wondering if anybody get the medical request.......saying to do the medicals within 30 days. I think 60 days is the norm but when i saw deeply i found they asked me to be done with medicals within 30 days.

any thoughts professional1

thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacanada said:
I am wondering if anybody get the medical request.......saying to do the medicals within 30 days. I think 60 days is the norm but when i saw deeply i found they asked me to be done with medicals within 30 days.

any thoughts professional1

thanks

Really ! does it say literally in your letter: you have 30 days to do the medicals ? because it is an unreasonable time comparing to the time taken by the DMP and Ottawa to deliver the results to Buffalo !

In my letter, it says clearly, i have 60 days to do the medicals.

Anyway, to be in the safe side, send them copies of the DMP financial receipts as a proof that you have done your medicals, so that they will understand that any delay is not caused by you.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
professional, I think they will be satisfied if we do the medical in the time frame given.
I dont think they will penalize us for the results not reaching by the number of days mentioned in the letter.
At least I hope not!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
professional, I think they will be satisfied if we do the medical in the time frame given.
I dont think they will penalize us for the results not reaching by the number of days mentioned in the letter.
At least I hope not!!

Yes, that is right, but at least he will have to show them a proof that he has done the medicals, same as i did, i sent them copies of the financial receipts from the DMP along with the RPRF and an explanation letter to show them that i complied with their requirments on time, and that is what i advice anyone else to do.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi and Anil_Toronto, my timelines are not much different from yours. But, no movement has happened on my case yet. Any idea what maybe different in my case. My points are also reasonably more than the required 67 (71). I am very frustrated stuck at "Received by Visa Office" for close to 3.5 months. Really, this is all very unpredictable.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Hi Garian4u, long time since we had any discussions.. :) I am not sure on what could be different in your case. But I thought you submitted your full docs little later than me as you were waiting on your FBI clearance. I submitted mine and went to India for my US visa renewal. I came back to US in March. All a sudden in April, I got an email that my file is transferred to NY. And one fine day in May I got the medical request. It is just happening.

I think the delay is still with Buffalo office only. May be if your file is transferred to some other visa office, your processing might get faster.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
garian4u said:
Pasi and Anil_Toronto, my timelines are not much different from yours. But, no movement has happened on my case yet. Any idea what maybe different in my case. My points are also reasonably more than the required 67 (71). I am very frustrated stuck at "Received by Visa Office" for close to 3.5 months. Really, this is all very unpredictable.
I joined this site to get an idea on the processing times. Maybe Pasi and professional 1 can enlighten us more.
My case - I have a 1 yr post grad study here then 1 yr of work exp on a post grad work permit + 2 years on work exp on a LMO from service canada with the same company...i don't know what makes the applications being processed faster than the other.

I wanted to know if you sent all your docs together? I tried to send everythn together..even IELTS so that there would not be any holdup...did take me a bit longer as i was delayed only cause of it and it's the wait and descretion of the Visa office.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Thanks guys,

I agree with Professional1 and was able to manage an appointment on the 15th day of the request. Will send the reciept and fee n the same day.

Lets see where is it going..........i was just curious to know if anybody else ...got the same request.

Thanks again.......

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if the medical request that comes in is via mail or it's on an email. So far aall notifications i have received from the CIO and Buffalo office have been on the email and not regular mail. I was curious to know as the mail system in my building is too unreliable.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Anil_Toronto - Medical request comes to you in mail (postal). They send you a letter, medical instructions sheet and Section A - Client Identification Summary report.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anil_Toronto said:
I joined this site to get an idea on the processing times. Maybe Pasi and professional 1 can enlighten us more.
My case - I have a 1 yr post grad study here then 1 yr of work exp on a post grad work permit + 2 years on work exp on a LMO from service canada with the same company...i don't know what makes the applications being processed faster than the other.

I wanted to know if you sent all your docs together? I tried to send everythn together..even IELTS so that there would not be any holdup...did take me a bit longer as i was delayed only cause of it and it's the wait and descretion of the Visa office.

Hi Anil_Toronto ,

Actually there is no answer of what makes some applications get processed faster than the others, even out of the queue, it has nothing to do with the category because people were under the impression that category 2 (arranged employement) is the fastest, but apparently there are many of category 2 applicants still stuck without any progress, as well as category 1 and 3.

One thing for sure that might be a reason of the faster processing is the quality of the documents sent to support the application, information, completeness. other thing might be the background and security checks, which might be decided by the immigration officer during the paper screening process of the application "upon receipt" about how deep the background and security checks is going to be conducted on that application.

Because for example, we were thinking that the visa office does not touch the application upon the receipt except for paper screening purposes, and that is completely wrong because in my case, in the letter sent to me By Buffalo for the medical request, it says that the interview was waived on Nov 2009 which counts only 2 months from receiving my application at Buffalo, and they start as well the security checks before processing the application because i was asked to submit the RCMP fingerprint before one month from the start date of processing my application. It was just pending review at that time until april, 30 2010, which means again that they do some calculations and considerations regarding the application received immediately, and not only when they start the processing. Otherwise, how come they decided such a decision on my case before they start the processing of my application by 5 months !

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anil_Toronto said:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know if the medical request that comes in is via mail or it's on an email. So far aall notifications i have received from the CIO and Buffalo office have been on the email and not regular mail. I was curious to know as the mail system in my building is too unreliable.

The medical form request is always sent by mail not email because the medical form section "A" must be original containing your picture stamped by the visa office.

They may notify the applicant via email that the medical request is on its way to his mail box only in 2 cases:

1- the applicant has sent the visa office case status inquiry, and by chance the visa office was about to send the medical form to the applicant by mail, so they respond saying that the medical form was mailed to the applicant, or is going to be mailed to him soon.

2- if the visa office decides to send the assessment letter to the applicant via email, so they inform the applicant as a part of that letter that the medical forms are going to be mailed to him shorty.

In both cases the medical forms will be mailed not emailed to the applicant.

Regarding your other point, all of my correspondence with Buffalo were via email until they suddenly sent me the assessment letter and the medical forms by mail which was the first time to receive anything from them by mail, and there was no any pre-notification about those documents via email.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
Guys, I have couriered my medical receipt copy and RPRF last night to NY office. It would reach there on Monday.

Good for you, the ball now is still in our side as well until Buffalo receives our medical results from Ottawa.

anjay

Star Member
Aug 14, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2009 at CIO
Doc's Request.
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
AOR Received.
18-09-2009 first AOR from CIO
IELTS Request
18-09-2009 by Buffalo
File Transfer...
20-05-2010 to Los Angeles
Med's Request
05-07-2010 my lawyer received by mail, but delayed due to wife is pregnant
Med's Done....
11-04-2011 sent after new baby has been added
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-05-2011 3wks after sending medicals
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2011 done inperson, same day pick-up
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 via Lewiston Bridge by land
Hi All,

Just wanted to update, I was informed by my lawyer today that my file got transferred to Los Angeles Consulate. Here are my timelines:

CIO Application - June 2009
AOR from CIO - Sep 18 2009
Docs submitted to Buffalo - Jan 16 2010
Returned from Buffalo - Mar 9 2010
Resubmitted to Buffalo - Mar 10 2010
AOR from Buffalo - April 28 2010
Transferred to Los Angeles - May 20 2010

Hope everything will turn out ok with Los Angeles Consulate.