+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoom.84 said:
@ professional 1 :-

I have one question to u as i'm in the same path like u.
Did u get any email notification for medical request or the medical forms directly came through physical mail ?

Hi zoom.84,

The medical form request is always sent by mail not email because the medical form section "A" must be original containing your picture stamped by the visa office.

The visa office may notify the applicant via email that the medical request is on its way to his mail box only in 2 cases:

1- the applicant has sent the visa office a case status inquiry, and by chance the visa office was about to send the medical form to the applicant by mail, so they respond saying that the medical form was mailed to the applicant, or is going to be mailed to him soon.

2- if the visa office decides to send the assessment letter to the applicant via email, so they inform the applicant as a part of that letter that the medical forms are going to be mailed to him shorty.

In both cases the medical forms will be mailed not emailed to the applicant.

Regarding your other question, all of my correspondence with Buffalo were via email until they suddenly sent me the assessment letter and the medical forms by mail which was the first time to receive anything from them by mail, and there was no any pre-notification about those documents via email.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preetdhillon4u said:
Hi All.

Please accept me as Newbie..I likely to file an application to NS this week...but i have one question..!! I was legally admitted in new york and stayed legally for around 14 months...now i'm out of status.!! Can they process my application.?

I think having lived in the country for one year or even more with an "out of legal status situation currently" is not good at all to apply to the visa office serving that country, and even is not going to give a good impression about you to the immigration officer who will process your case. If your start point with them is: "Out of legal status", then how do you think they will trust your documents !

There are many considerations you have to think about before you apply:

1- Usually in any country around the world for any kind of visa applications to canada, the canadian embassies ask the applicants to submit prove of their current legal status in that country during the date of the application as well as a prove that you have been accepted legally to reside in that country for at least one year. Therefore, to show them that you have been accepted legally for one year or more, but currently are out of status will not be welcomed.

2- If by mistake, they accepted your application at the beginning, they will ask you to update your documents regarding your legal status in that country especially that the immigration applications take long time before the application is finalized. what are you going to do in that situation ?

3- usually they ask the applicants to update the police clearance from the countries where they are currently living, in your case, how are you going to submit the FBI clearance if you are out of status ?

There was a member in this forum from the united states who has done the same exactly and after he got accepted by the CIO, Buffalo visa office asked him to submit evidence of his current legal status in the USA as an update, he could not do so, and asked to withdraw his application to apply form his home country, and they withdraw his application.

My advice is, do not try to get smart at those people, the immigration officers are not playing, they are very experienced at their job ,have gone through many different cases, and are completely unpredictable in their reactions and requirements. Be legal 100% and ready to submit any documents they might require to be in the safe side. Otherwise, you will be wasting your time and money and will be the only loser in the entire process, as a result, do not blame anyone except yourself.

Good luck.

preetdhillon4u

Star Member
May 22, 2010
NEW YORK
Category........
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2010
AOR Received.
4 NOV 2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Professional 1.

Thanks much for your kind advise...i'll think twice before i start with some thing.!!!
IS there anybody there in canadian immigration from whom we can get this answer correctly.!!???

Please advise.

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks for your info professional1........ :)
I have an another issue........Do u have any idea how should I contact los angeles visa office in case I need to regarding change of address etc. Should I call them / Is it through Email !!!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoom.84 said:
Thanks for your info professional1........ :)
I have an another issue........Do u have any idea how should I contact los angeles visa office in case I need to regarding change of address etc. Should I call them / Is it through Email !!!!

Send them a letter via mail to be official asking for a change of address, date and sign the letter and write all of your information on it:

Write at the top of the letter: "Request for a change of address clearly", Name, file number, visa office name, date
of birth, country of birth, nationality, application type, attach a printed out letter of the file transfer sent to you by Buffalo via email, and of course your new address clearly.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
If you look at some timelines in Delhi or some European visa offices, I think it is about time Buffalo woke up. The fastest I know is someone from Austria getting his PR within 5 months. Guess there ain't a whole lot of folks applying from Austria -- CIC Vienna must be delighted & excited to receive his one application.

Mark

For sure, lucky applicants on Vienna visa office and New Delhi. Regarding Buffalo, i know that they are still slow comparing to those visa offices under the new system, but i have to admit the fact that they started moving forward.

For example, if you remember the period of time from late 2008 to Feb 2010, there was almost no any movement or progress at Buffalo, and suddenly, they started moving in a faster manner than the usual whether by starting processing some applications and change the e-case to "In Process", or by transfering other files to the local visa offices.

If you noticed in the above mentioned period, both actions were taking 12 months or more to be done. and now we see the transfer within 2 and 3 months as well as the processing. I know that many other cases are still stuck at Buffalo and hope that all of them will find their way to the light shortly.

I am just trying to be optimistic and give some hope to myself and to the other applicants, and sure that god will help us all.

Good luck to all.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
professional 1 said:
For sure, lucky applicants on Vienna visa office and New Delhi. Regarding Buffalo, i know that they are still slow comparing to those visa offices under the new system, but i have to admit the fact that they started moving forward.

Hi Profesional1, Any idea after how many weeks / months, once can get the ME request once the status is chnaged to "begin processing"?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WaitingForPR_09 said:
Hi Profesional1, Any idea after how many weeks / months, once can get the ME request once the status is chnaged to "begin processing"?

Hi WaitingForPR_09,

According to the new trend in Buffalo and it is followers (NY, LA, SA,...and so forth), it takes one or two weeks to get the medical request.

However, there are many exceptions in that regard;

If the immigration officer who is processing or will be processing an application is taking his annual vacation, the application will be put on hold untill he comes back, (the applicant will never know about this case).

Unfortunatly, there is no standard way used by the immigration officers to measure the steps and time taken to process and finalize an application. For example, some immigration officers send the medicals right away to the applicants with a request for other serious documents that will be a main reason of rejecting the application if not provided, and some others prefer to leave the medical request as a very last step after they process the application, get all of the required documents, make all of their analysis, and conduct the background checks....etc.

Neither sending the medicals early guarantees the approval of an application, nore the delay in sending them means that the refusal chances are high.

Do not worry, just make sure that you have sent each document required, and update your application when necessary without waiting for their request, and god willing you will be fine.

My specific answer to your question is:

In the usual manner, medical forms take from one week to four months to be sent to the applicant after the e-case status changes to "In Process".

Good luck.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got the email notifying me that my interview has been waived and the medical form would be mailed "within several weeks" on May 20. I haven't received the form yet. I have a question about the medical examination. Normally, how many days do I have to wait for the medical form? I need to make an appointment with the doctor now or wait until I get the form? Thank you!!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
I got the email notifying me that my interview has been waived and the medical form would be mailed "within several weeks" on May 20. I haven't received the form yet. I have a question about the medical examination. Normally, how many days do I have to wait for the medical form? I need to make an appointment with the doctor now or wait until I get the form? Thank you!!!

If you are in Canada, Make the appointment as soon as possible, do not wait until you receive the forms by mail because the doctors will likely give you an appointment after one week at least, and they will take 2 weeks to send your results to ottawa. Then Ottawa is going to take one month to send the results to the visa office.

By the way, have they asked you for any additional documents along with the medical request ?

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
Wait till you get your forms. No rush. You might want to get an idea about the waiting period for appointments at the dmp you will go to.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
Wait till you get your forms. No rush. You might want to get an idea about the waiting period for appointments at the dmp you will go to.
Thank you!

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
If you are in Canada, Make the appointment as soon as possible, do not wait until you receive the forms by mail because the doctors will likely give you an appointment after one week at least, and they will take 2 weeks to send your results to ottawa. Then Ottawa is going to take one month to send the results to the visa office.

By the way, have they asked you for any additional documents along with the medical request ?
Thanks for the response! I'm not in Canada but in USA. Could you offer me any timeline from the medical request to passport request? They didn't request anything else other than the medical stuff.