+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsj.78-No, the section A of your medical should be original with your passport picture, your name, file number, marital status, date of Birth, your country, your address and phone number(s). You will get it by mail and your DMP should already have the other part.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe said:
pasi-It was only one part of the equation and now I have been waiting for my PPR since last week. We just have to be positive and sometimes away from our PC, then thing happen...
They sent you medical result to Detroit on March 18 and the officer sent you the next mail on May 11... This seems to be a GAP. and then you are still waiting for the next communication asking your passport.. let us hope it will be in your inbox soon.

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
pasi - any idea why it takes some cases more than 6 months (after their file is transferred) for medical?
beauhoe - thanks

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi- I think one of the reasons for the GAP is that the officer who is in charge of my case wasn't in the office for a while (at least from April 23 to May 10, 2010). By the way, do you know how long does it take for Detroit to send PPR after medical results have been received? With Buffalo it is the same day by email.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe - I am sorry I do not know the answer for this .. My application is being processed in NY office. So I do not have any idea about Detroit. And Buffalo sending the PPR email on the same day is good info. I am surprised ..

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with you it is a black box with Detroit...Did you already send your medical to Ottawa? Once you pass that step, your case will move very fast. Wish you all the best.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Pasi-Please take a look on this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/one-year-passed-after-medical-test-t42601.0.html;msg0#new

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
wsj78 said:
pasi - any idea why it takes some cases more than 6 months (after their file is transferred) for medical?
beauhoe - thanks
I do not see any reason for waiting 6 months to get the medicals after the file is transferred to another visa office. The reason for transfer is to expedite the following steps. Couple of months would be ideal to wait, in my case it was one month after the file was transferred to NY office. Have you tried any inquiry?

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe said:
Hello Pasi-Please take a look on this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/one-year-passed-after-medical-test-t42601.0.html;msg0#new
Don't show me all these.. :) I agree that there are few unlucky people whose processing gets delayed in unwanted places. Hope we do not get stuck like this.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
beauhoe said:
I agreed with you it is a black box with Detroit...Did you already send your medical to Ottawa? Once you pass that step, your case will move very fast. Wish you all the best.
No, my medical results will be mailed out of my DMP office only by this thursday. But I have sent the medical receipt along with the RPRF to NY visa office and it is delivered there today. Not sure if that would help in any progress..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
My medical was done on March 1, 2010, sent to Ottawa on March 8, 2010.
Medical was received by Ottawa on March 18, 2010 and sent to Detroit the same day.
Cheers,

Hi beauhoe,

Are you sure that your medical results were sent to Detroit by Ottawa same day they arrived Ottawa ? Because this will be the first time i have ever seen Ottawa receives the results and send them to any visa office in the same day, the call center in immigration canada told me that Ottawa takes up to one month to do so, and in some lucky cases it took 3 weeks, but same day !

I hope they really can do so, it would save lots of time.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Professional- Absolutely! I am a scientist and I will not announce anything here without verification on my side. First I received the news from my DMP and I was happy but not sure so I investigated the case by calling directly Ottawa. A woman answered the phone and confirmed the information. I asked her to double check on my file and she gave me full names of all my three children with the number of people on my CSQ. From that point I believed that it was my file and the information that I am publishing here is true.