+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

torontonian2010

Mar 19, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
15-01-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
File Transfer...
03-08-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2011
LANDED..........
26-05-2011
professional 1 said:
I am completely against the idea of the CIO, it is just a waste of time for the applicants and makes an undesirable redundancy, so i am not even taking them or what they have done in my consideration, because at the CIO stage, if you have a very good skills in writing duties effeciently or even lies regardless where the truth is, you pass strongly with them, and if you are not good in writing short description of the job duties, you fail in their assessment even if you are really eligible.

Whenever i try to analyze, i usually skip the (CIO) stage completely, and start with the visa office.

And after all, what they have done(in case of approval) is not even taken in consideration by the visa offices instead, they start from the zero point as nothing has happened at the CIO, and it is CIC fault which prevents the CIO from verifying any documents because they almost have nothing at hand except the application forms and that is it. How come they will be able to take any real decision without having any documents !

Just waste of time.

I think u r are right about it prof...
NS is jus another hurdle widout makin much any reason ..
i guess visa office is the only main point where they actually cross check all ur documents and referneces,
otherwise sydney wudn't really improve ur case in anyway...

jang

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-01-2010
AOR Received.
28-06-2010
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
02-09-2010
Got my AOR from Buffalo in 2 weeks....Buffalo received complete docs on April 21st and sent me the ARO on May 5th via postal mail.....

Is this a trend (Buffalo getting faster) or is it just a one-off case as I recall reading threads here that it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get ARO from Buffalo?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jang said:
Got my AOR from Buffalo in 2 weeks....Buffalo received complete docs on April 21st and sent me the ARO on May 5th via postal mail.....

Is this a trend (Buffalo getting faster) or is it just a one-off case as I recall reading threads here that it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get ARO from Buffalo?

I think it is because Buffalo is improving their processing time, I noticed that they are speeding up their processing procedures.

Good luck.

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Even one of my friend got it in 2 weeks and I got it in 25days..seems quiet odd..May b Buffalo is trying to process fast..

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
jang said:

I don't see any trend of Buffalo moving fast yet. However, the speed at any center varies depending on the "load". It is very clear that Buffalo is offloading a lot of applications to other centers in the United States as of late. This might help speed things up. But as of yet, there is no clear evidence to support this statement.

Mark

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
MarkCan said:
I don't see any trend of Buffalo moving fast yet. However, the speed at any center varies depending on the "load". It is very clear that Buffalo is offloading a lot of applications to other centers in the United States as of late. This might help speed things up. But as of yet, there is no clear evidence to support this statement.

Mark
They are just handpicking some apps they like and process them way faster than the normal timeline. That's all. NS CIO IA enabled them to do so.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello People,

I just joined the forums recently and came across this all important thread. I am posting my details below for people to get an estimate of processing time frames.

I got my transfer notice on 28 April 2010. It was as mentioned below:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General

1251 Avenue of the Americas

Concourse Level

New York, New York 10020-1175

The Canadian Consulate General in New York will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in New York.

In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, you must inform the office noted above. Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in New York.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

So it appears that the application is already under process and it was transferred midway to NY consulate from Buffalo. My lawyer said that we should be hearing something in August.

An important point that I was told that it instead of the earlier 8-12 months for FSW1, it is now taking 12-18 months. So all Jun-Sep 2009 applicants, hold on tight. It may/may not take some more time depending on luck, application quality and consulate processing times.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
An important point that I was told that it instead of the earlier 8-12 months for FSW1, it is now taking 12-18 months. So all Jun-Sep 2009 applicants, hold on tight. It may/may not take some more time depending on luck, application quality and consulate processing times.

Hi jattu1980,

First of all congratulation for the news about your application and wish you the best of luck with the rest of your application process.

I just would like to clarify something about the 8-12 or 12-18 at Buffalo office, do not listen that much to the consultants they are just saying whatever comes up to their minds without any proofs or facts. It was never 8-12 months in Buffalo to say that now it will be 12-18, there was no one single case under the new rules in Buffalo (FSW) finalized within 8-12, so nothing has changed that much in Buffalo.

Buffalo was finalizing applications under the old rules within 2 or 3 years, and now under the new rules might do so within 1 year or 18 months.

Congratulations again and wish you the best of luck.

googleman

Star Member
Mar 24, 2010
I went to check April/May 09 apps at trackitt.com and learned that the majority of them haven't received medical request, They are just stuck in Buffalo. No movement. You should feel very lucky if your files were transferred out of Buffalo.

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional1: Thanks for the info and wishes. :)

Googleman: Let's hope that things work quickly now. I am following quite a few cases when the files were transferred in March, April. I will update this thread when I hear of any new developments/trends.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
@ Mark, looking at how the real work of assessing the application only begins after the ecas changes to "In process", I really wonder what they do with our files before that. :-X
And considering again that it takes nearly a year to even reach "in process" I am all the more bewildered.
Perhaps, its only a long waiting line with too many eager applicants wanting to make a beeline for the hallowed country lol!!
Well, buddy, I gotta tell ya. You are doing far better than me. At least you got ya medicals. I am still stuck at "In Process". You should be getting ya passport request soon. Cheers.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
jattu1980 said:
Hello People,

I just joined the forums recently and came across this all important thread. I am posting my details below for people to get an estimate of processing time frames.

I got my transfer notice on 28 April 2010. It was as mentioned below:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, your file has been sent to:

Canadian Consulate General

1251 Avenue of the Americas

Concourse Level

New York, New York 10020-1175

The Canadian Consulate General in New York will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same.

The Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo no longer has your file. Therefore we cannot acknowledge or respond to future correspondence from you. Please do not submit any further documents or correspondence to this office. If IELTS or TEF test results are sent to us, they will be forwarded to the Canadian Consulate General in New York.

In the event of a change in your address, marital status or family composition, you must inform the office noted above. Do not use the CIC e-Cas on-line change of address system. Your new address will not be downloaded to your file in New York.

Do not request the status of your file within ninety (90) days of the date of this letter.

All future correspondence you receive will be from the office noted above.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

So it appears that the application is already under process and it was transferred midway to NY consulate from Buffalo. My lawyer said that we should be hearing something in August.

Do let us know if this change of visa office turned out to be a blessing for ya. If ya think about it logically, any visa office in the United States (other than Buffalo) should be faster than Buffalo, since Buffalo is the center of all applications. Wish you all the best for this new development.

Mark

room3

Feb 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO GUYS,

WITH THE GRACE OF GOD YESTERDAY I RECEIVED AOR FROM BUFFALO VISA OFFICE. ;D

NOW MY QUESTIONS ARE

1) I HAVE NOT SUBMITTED MY FBI YET. SO, SHOULD I SUBMIT IT RIGHT NOW OF IT IS ADVISABLE THAT I WAIT FOR THEIR CALL? (I GOT FBI CLEARANCE AFTER SUBMITTING THE DOCUMENT. )

2) CAN ANYBODY TELL ME, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO CHANGE STATUS FROM "RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE" TO "IN PROCESS"?

THANKS