+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Indeed, professional. Though it beats me as to why some applicants get their medicals immediately after "In Process" while some get stuck in "In Process" for months altogether. *Sigh*

Mark

Unfortunatly that is what we have nothing to do for it, whether it is a luck or what i have no idea. I see some lucky applicants who get their applications processed very fast before and after medicals and others get stuck even after medicals( under the big umbrella called background check) whoever falls under that umbrella goes in a long waiting god only knows when it is going to come to an end.

I always hope and pray to god not to fall under that umbrella, and hope that any one else does not get stuck under the same one.

Good luck for all.

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009 sent to Nova Scotia
Doc's Request.
full application sent to Buffalo in August 2009
AOR Received.
October 2009
Hi Everyone,

Just received an email today saying my file was transferred to Detroit office, Thanks God, I finally heard back from them. Its been so frustrating lately as I was watching everyone moving and I was blocked at Buffalo.

Best wishes

jattu1980

Star Member
Mar 3, 2010
Fairfax, VA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bardcir said:
Hi Everyone,

Just received an email today saying my file was transferred to Detroit office, Thanks God, I finally heard back from them. Its been so frustrating lately as I was watching everyone moving and I was blocked at Buffalo.

Best wishes
Good luck man! I hope you get your medical request soon.

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
October 2009
jattu1980 said:
Good luck man! I hope you get your medical request soon.
Thanks and wish you the same

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks a lot professional,

just wondering what kind of documents doctor requires for my medical if the medical is not requested by the Buffalo?? Is it possible of doing medical without any request?

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
The medicals would need a letter from the consulate. I don't believe you can do it in your own. Bear in mind that it also is expensive - about $300 per person.

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
My file was transferred to Detroit in early April 2010.

I had sent an email to Detroit last week to inform them about a change in contact info. Got an email from them yesterday stating "the information has been printed and added to the file for the review".

This means they haven't done the review as yet - let alone beginning processing and medical request and so on. I was under the impression that only the files which had been reviewed by Buffalo were sent to satellite visa offices like Detroit. Now it seems that Buffalo didn't even do the review of the file, they just transferred it to Detroit. Someone will review it again in Detroit before it can be processed. This seems like an awful lot of "back and forth" for nothing.

Hopefully I don't have to wait another six months before finding out its ineligible for processing. This is getting on my nerve now.

lovebb

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd like to update my application here.
08/2009, application filed to Sydney, NS, Canada
10/2009, AOR, Sydney
12/2009, application filed to Buffalo, US
01/2010, AOR, Buffalo
01/2010, In Progress
05/12/2010, application transferred to Detroit, MI
>>>>>>

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo said:
Thanks a lot professional,

just wondering what kind of documents doctor requires for my medical if the medical is not requested by the Buffalo?? Is it possible of doing medical without any request?

Just your passport, photos, file number, visa office address, and the doctor will provide you with all forms required to do the medicals.

Check the following link to get the address and number of the designated doctors in your area, and call them at first to arrange an appointment with them and tell them that you are going to do the medicals without request from the visa office, and they will tell you exactly what to bring with you.

Many people have done that successfully and it was accepted by the visa office.

The link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

Good luck.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
That was very fast ...good luck hope they intend to meet the timeline of 12-18 months.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovebb said:
I'd like to update my application here.
08/2009, application filed to Sydney, NS, Canada
10/2009, AOR, Sydney
12/2009, application filed to Buffalo, US
01/2010, AOR, Buffalo
01/2010, In Progress
05/12/2010, application transferred to Detroit, MI
>>>>>>

Hi lovebb,

Congratulation for the progress in your case, i have a question for you if you do not mind:

Do you mean that your online status changed to "In Process" at Buffalo in Jan 2010, and they transfered the file to Detroit today after they started processing in Buffalo ?

Thanks, and wish you the best of luck.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahmanrahat said:
My file was transferred to Detroit in early April 2010.

I had sent an email to Detroit last week to inform them about a change in contact info. Got an email from them yesterday stating "the information has been printed and added to the file for the review".

This means they haven't done the review as yet - let alone beginning processing and medical request and so on. I was under the impression that only the files which had been reviewed by Buffalo were sent to satellite visa offices like Detroit. Now it seems that Buffalo didn't even do the review of the file, they just transferred it to Detroit. Someone will review it again in Detroit before it can be processed. This seems like an awful lot of "back and forth" for nothing.

Hopefully I don't have to wait another six months before finding out its ineligible for processing. This is getting on my nerve now.

Hi rahmanrahat,

As you see, there is no standard base to measure the processing procedures in Buffalo. Sometimes they transfer files without even looking at them to other visa offices, other times they make the eligibility review at first and transfer the files to another visa offices to complete the processing of the applications.

I have seen many cases when they sent the transfer letter to the applicants, the letter was stating that they finished the eligibility review and started processing and transfered the file to the local visa office to complete the processing.

Other cases were just getting letters containing 2 or 3 lines stating that the file has been transfered to the local visa office without any more details to explain whether they started the processing or not.

I guess you got the second kind of the transfer letter which does not have that much details abut the application progress other than the transfer.

Hope that you will be hearing good news soon and wish you the best of luck.

Bardcir

Sep 2, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
October 2009
Hi Pro,

This is the part that talking about processing and analysis:

" The Canadian Consulate General in Detroit
will complete the analysis of your application and determine if a personal interview with a visa officer is required. Your file number remains the same."

so you are saying there are cases that have been looked at in the Buffalo office?

can someone confirm if they have got the same sort of email

Thanks,

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
My file was transfered to Detroit on last week of April and the status changed from Recieved by visa office to In process in fist week of may

It says

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May X

Can somebody clearify what does they mean by saying we started processing i see everybodies In Process different.

Does they inform about medical request via e-case status ....anybody has an idea..

Thanks

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
My file was transferd to New York on 24-Feb and there is no update since then.... :(