+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Congratulations, Professional1. Good to see you cross one more hurdle. Did you receive this info from Buffalo by email or postal mail? Or both? Good luck.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
@professional1

Also, did you receive this postal mail on the same address that is specified on your e-cas?

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Congratulations, Professional1. Good to see you cross one more hurdle. Did you receive this info from Buffalo by email or postal mail? Or both? Good luck.

Mark

Thank you so much Mark,

I received the letters by postal mail only, and it is the first time to receive any correspondence from Buffalo by mail, all of the past correspondence from them were sent via email.

MarkCan said:
@ professional1

Also, did you receive this postal mail on the same address that is specified on your e-cas?

Mark

Yes i received it on the same address specified on my e-case, i have not made any change of my address since i applied.

Wish you the best of luck.

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
I got this email about the Ontario PNP from my University's International Student Office:

On April 21, 2010, Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program was enhanced to allow international PhD graduates to qualify for an Ontario nomination and permanent residence without a job offer.

What are the new criteria for PhD graduates?

International PhD Graduates who have graduated from a publicly funded Ontario university can now apply to Opportunities Ontario without a job offer. They are also eligible to apply within two years of the date the PhD was granted.

In order to apply to Opportunities Ontario as an international PhD graduate in Ontario, students must:

- Intend to permanently live and work in Ontario.

- Have graduated from an existing PhD program at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario or, have successfully completed all degree requirements for the program (i.e. completion of course work, successful thesis defence).

- Have completed at least two years of their PhD studies at an eligible publicly funded university in Ontario.

- Apply within two years of the date on which their PhD degree was granted.

- Have legal status, if the international PhD graduate applicant is in Canada.

- Not have return obligations under Canadian International Development Agency grants or home country scholarships.

What stays the same?

International students graduating from a publicly funded college or university in Canada can continue to qualify for an Ontario nomination when they graduate, if they have a permanent, full-time job offer from an Ontario employer. The new changes to Ontario’s PhD graduates are in addition to program criteria that help international students in undergraduate and Masters programs to qualify for permanent residence in Ontario.

Where to get more information?

For more detailed information regarding the Opportunities Ontario and the changes mentioned above, we invite you and interested international students to visit our *international student* *web page *at

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_APPLY.html.

This site includes all of the necessary application materials and detailed eligibility criteria students will need to benefit from this exciting opportunity.

Also available is a recently launched *new Facebook page* to better connect with international students. There you will find testimonial videos for the program and will be able to interact directly with ministry staff. You can follow the program on *Facebook* at *Opportunities Ontario.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
pooja123 said:
I was under impression that it comes by e-mail in all cases.... and I did not update my address....
I hope/wish I have not spoiled my chances....
:'( :mad: ???

I have requested to forward my mail to USPS... hope for the best...
Finally i got AOR from Buffalo.... :)

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I emailed Buffalo inquiring about my full application package delivered on April 27th and i got a reply from them with a new File Number. I am relieved that they have received it but having new file number issued... does this mean anything more than just "under review". Can i say it is approved but AOR is not sent yet??. Does all files get a new number issued even though some of them are eventually going to be denied. Just curious... Any thoughts?. Thanks.

"Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.
No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number"

Regards,
Canadian Consulate General Buffalo
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
cheerup said:
I emailed Buffalo inquiring about my full application package delivered on April 27th and i got a reply from them with a new File Number. I am relieved that they have received it but having new file number issued... does this mean anything more than just "under review". Can i say it is approved but AOR is not sent yet??. Does all files get a new number issued even though some of them are eventually going to be denied. Just curious... Any thoughts?. Thanks.

"Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number"

Regards,
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
Once you get the second AOR, you need to wait for around 8-12 months before they actually review your file. Then the process is called "In Process".

Mark

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
cheerup said:

Regards,
Immigration Section
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca
I got AOR (new file number) from Buffalo Visa office by mail (USPS). As per that mail,
- they got the full doc set
- file is in queue
-they will look into this as per first in first out basis (what ever file has come first, will be processed first)
- this is not confirmation that it is approved, they will decide if applicant is eligible for Canada PR for applied category
- they have given sticker with file no. & bar code; which is must for for all future communication with visa office (perhaps while sending more docs etc.)
(even if you got your new file no. from visa office; you should wait for same by mail so that you can have stickers with your file no.)....

thanks & all the best....

cheerup

Jan 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Mark/Pooja,

So this new file number is actually my second AOR. Is that right??

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
I guess US visa office for canada immigration started to be active... I just got medicals from Detroit ...

Applied to NS First week of May 2009
AOR from Buffalo Sept last week 2009
File transfered last week of April.
Status changed to In Process in fast week of May.
Medicals in Second week of May...
Passport Request.................waiting
Landing..............................waiting

Thanks guys

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, i have just finished my medical tests,

Cost :233 $ CAD

- blood test (HIV, syphilis).

- X rays (chest)

- Urine.

- General physical check.

The doctor told me that the results will be sent to Ottawa within 2 weeks and adviced me to call after 2 weeks to get the tracking number of the shipment to Ottawa.

Good luck to all.

rahmanrahat

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo > Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2009
Doc's Request.
30-08-2009
AOR Received.
10-10-2009
File Transfer...
01-04-2010
Med's Request
20-09-2010
Med's Done....
5-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2011
LANDED..........
29-01-2011
@CanadaCanada:

Congrats on receiving the medical request. Did you get the request via email or post?

Also, I am wondering if your file was originally reviewed in Buffalo before transferring to Detroit or the review was done at Detroit.

I guess one way to tell would be the email from Buffalo informing you of the file transfer.

Mine simply stated that my file was being transferred to Detroit to expedite the processing and did not mention anything about the review. However, I have now realized that Buffalo didn't even complete the initial review of the file file before transferring to Detroit.

A number of others (as I have been informed by Pro1; thank you for that Pro 1), have received emails from buffalo not only informing them of the file transfer to Detroit but also explicitly stating that the review of their file has been completed by the buffalo office and Detroit will perform the rest of the steps in processing.

What did your email from Buffalo state?

anne55

Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->> New York
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
26-10-2011
Med's Done....
26-04-2011>>advance
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012 :)
professional 1 said:
Heeeeeeeeeeey

Just got the medical request and right of permanent residence fee request from Buffalo by mail !!!

Interview is waived according to their letter, and no additional documents are required

Thank god.

Congrats professional1!!!

Hope I will have a positive response too same as all the member of the thread! :)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
cheerup said:
Thanks Mark/Pooja,

So this new file number is actually my second AOR. Is that right??
Yes, the new file # is your second AOR. This is the # which you must use from now on for any correspondence with Buffalo.

Mark