Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
ElwinZ said:
I received this reply today from Ottawa.

"Good day

You application was transferred to our office in Ottawa (address below). I have verified your application and it is currently in process. Presently they are conducting background verifications. We appreciate your patience and an agent will contact you if any more documents are required.

Warm Regards, "

They are conducting background verification. Does that mean they are going to take another year or two to check my background?

If it's in process... then you already passed the eligibility status... they are currently working on your criminality which takes longer especially if your status is complicated... some say maximum period to do it will take 6 months, If your police clearance that you submitted expired already, they might ask you to submit an updated police clearance. Though some don't ask it, I think it depends to visa officer. But if your criminal record is clear, you will be expecting a faster processing.
My criminality check based on my GCMS notes is still under progress, when I got it 2 weeks ago. So hopefully, I am already on security check which is the last stage before PPR.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They received my file in april 2011, its now more than 15 months.we have the same time line ..but i have not received anything yet now my file is in seattle,,its been 3 months for that too...when shud i expect to Passport request...and what is GCMS...is it possible that if i send them an enquiry they wud send me passport request directly...and does Passport request come thru email or regular mail..

WNIBC

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ( PNP BC )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09. 05. 2011
Nomination.....
07. 03. 2011
AOR Received.
20. 09. 2011
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
24. 04. 2012 VO Seattle
Med's Request
20. 09. 2011 via email togehter with the AOR
Med's Done....
29. 09. 2011
Passport Req..
13. 07. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
03. 08. 2012
LANDED..........
04. 08. 2012
@elegant.heena,

elegant.heena said:
and what is GCMS...
You can ask Google.... ::)
Or use the search function here in the forum.... ::)
or see here... ;)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563E.pdf

is it possible that if i send them an enquiry they wud send me passport request directly...
No
That would be nice, but it is only a dream.

and does Passport request come thru email or regular mail..
Everything comes by email.
I've never heard that something has come by regular mail

WNIBC

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ( PNP BC )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09. 05. 2011
Nomination.....
07. 03. 2011
AOR Received.
20. 09. 2011
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
24. 04. 2012 VO Seattle
Med's Request
Med's Done....
29. 09. 2011
Passport Req..
13. 07. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
03. 08. 2012
LANDED..........
04. 08. 2012
sim24 said:
and my rep actually received it on july 12,2012 buh he didn feel the nedd to let me know!!
Honestly, this is an insolence. :'(
The money they take it quickly but do a good job this is too much.
I'm all on my own, without rep
I've saved so much money
;)

ElwinZ

Apr 7, 2012
Visa Office......
Buffalo --> Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2011
AOR Received.
20-03-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2011
Med's Done....
02-10-2011
Passport Req..
OMG Not YEEEEET
haybu12 said:
If it's in process... then you already passed the eligibility status... they are currently working on your criminality which takes longer especially if your status is complicated... some say maximum period to do it will take 6 months, If your police clearance that you submitted expired already, they might ask you to submit an updated police clearance. Though some don't ask it, I think it depends to visa officer. But if your criminal record is clear, you will be expecting a faster processing.
My criminality check based on my GCMS notes is still under progress, when I got it 2 weeks ago. So hopefully, I am already on security check which is the last stage before PPR.
Thanks Haybu. So this "background verification" means they are doing criminality check?

Because one of my friend told me that they will check my parents' information, and that's going to take very long time.

koolkarmaguy

Star Member
Jan 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2010
Nomination.....
12/29/2011
AOR Received.
June 27 2012
Med's Request
June 4 2012
Med's Done....
June 29 2012
Interview........
none. In-process on May 23, 2013.
Passport Req..
September 17 2013
Reposted..for everyone's benefit

Folks,

After analyzing tons of data from the forum here..I have come to following conclusion on average timelines for AINP -Nominees in the PR process in the last 1 year.

- if you sent your application to CIO Nova scotia on day 0
- If your application is complete without any errors- your fee will get cashed in approximately 22 days from day 0
- You should receive AOR and /or request for medicals in 45 days after fee is encashed. I highly recommend everyone to use credit/debit cards as you can see when exactly they deducted the payment.
- If you submit medicals in time and if you have PCC's and FBI Clearance's etc..(For residents in north america) you will receive ppr in approximately from 3-5 months after you submit your medicals.

The advantage for people already in US and Canada is that CIC has enough security and background data on you through FBI and Local states and your native country PCC's. Most of the folks also might have credible credit histories and financial records.
I have noticed that applicants from countries where there is existing sectarian violence or some sort of unrest..their applications are taking longer than usual. The bottleneck is the background check for those individuals. The CIC contracts some of their work on security and BG check for individuals from vulnerable countries to internal and external intelligence agencies and security firms and hence the prolonged delays. The other reason could also be when your medicals require additional testing and your doctor gets notified and it doesnt get communicated to you in a timely manner. Of course the final reason could also be that your file got lost in the stacks. These are some genuine reasons that i saw for PPR's to get delayed.

Some useful tips that I learnt through several individuals on the forums here..

i) Make sure to use credit card/debit card for fee payment - it will help you with tracking
2) Ask your doctor to expedite sending medical results through UPS/USPS/Fedex/DHl and ask for a tracking number
3) When you fill your CIC forms, make sure to fill the email address where it ask's you for. It is so easy to neglect as it is a optional thing in the application. Honestly, i totally ignored it and now I am relying on snail mail communication from CIC.
Although, i recently called the help center and also put in a email request to add email address to my application.
4) Afer your medicals it is safe to start looking for jobs and start applying preparing for liicensing if your profession is regulated.

For applications at buffalo:

Your applications got moved out to other visa offices in the region and the application processing system at those other locations is FIFO. First in first out.. technically cic received your application earlier but at the new visa office your was received later than the others that are already there. So, you go to back of the queue. Hence these abnormal delays in processing your applications. I am sensing that.. It might be my wild guess but i certainly see a pattern that points to my hypothesis on that. I don't claim to be a expert..just my few cents..

haybu12

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 1, 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 16, 2010
AOR Received.
Aug 28, 2011
File Transfer...
May 4, 2012 to Seattle
Med's Request
Sept 20, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 7, 2011
Passport Req..
July 30, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 14, 2012
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2012
ElwinZ said:
Thanks Haybu. So this "background verification" means they are doing criminality check?

Because one of my friend told me that they will check my parents' information, and that's going to take very long time.
Yes, it is part of criminality check. As I said, as long as your background check is not complicated, then you will be expecting PPR soon.
Hope we get PPR soon!

WNIBC

Star Member
Jun 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo ( PNP BC )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09. 05. 2011
Nomination.....
07. 03. 2011
AOR Received.
20. 09. 2011
IELTS Request
not required
File Transfer...
24. 04. 2012 VO Seattle
Med's Request
Med's Done....
29. 09. 2011
Passport Req..
13. 07. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
03. 08. 2012
LANDED..........
04. 08. 2012
haybu12 said:
Hope we get PPR soon!

I wish everyone gets it soon

And I am now waiting for the Visa ;)

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone

from july 17, they started my processing my file ...

when should i expect Passport request..? Usually how long does it take..?

thanks

hyph3n

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
24-12-2010
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
06-07-2013
Hi guys,

I recently got an email from Ottawa office that they want police certificate from my country. Now i have a question for you.

- I came here in Canada in 2009 and i already have a police certificate from my original country dated 2009. Shall i send that one ? (i guess i attached taht letter with my application as well)
- Or shall i take new pictures and get a new police certificate using those new pictures ? (pictures will be taken in canada, obviously and letter would be sent from Pakistan).

Any advice?

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
hyph3n said:
Hi guys,

I recently got an email from Ottawa office that they want police certificate from my country. Now i have a question for you.

- I came here in Canada in 2009 and i already have a police certificate from my original country dated 2009. Shall i send that one ? (i guess i attached taht letter with my application as well)
- Or shall i take new pictures and get a new police certificate using those new pictures ? (pictures will be taken in canada, obviously and letter would be sent from Pakistan).

Any advice?
Police certificates must be from last 6 months. Unless you talk to CIC and they allow an older one, u have to get a new one.

Didnt you provide a valid certificate with your application? all of a sudden now they are asking for PCC.

hyph3n

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
24-12-2010
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
06-07-2013
suduko said:
Police certificates must be from last 6 months. Unless you talk to CIC and they allow an older one, u have to get a new one.

Didnt you provide a valid certificate with your application? all of a sudden now they are asking for PCC.
I did (as far as i remember). However, my PCC from Pakistan was more than 6 months old so probably that is the reason.

suduko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September-2011
AOR Received.
February 2012
Med's Request
February 2012
hyph3n said:
I did (as far as i remember). However, my PCC from Pakistan was more than 6 months old so probably that is the reason.
yes it has to be valid at the time of application.

But it does mean that you are almost done. At least your file is moving on. Once you provide the PCC, it should be fast.

Your status is in process? since when.

hyph3n

Star Member
Jul 14, 2009
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
24-12-2010
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
12-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
06-07-2013
suduko said:
yes it has to be valid at the time of application.

But it does mean that you are almost done. At least your file is moving on. Once you provide the PCC, it should be fast.

Your status is in process? since when.
My status say "Application received". I just checked it a minute ago :|