Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
Henry.Nguyen said:
Chakri264,

Not really 1 week. I think it depends on the clinic. For example I and some people here did medical exams in 474 College St, Toronto. And it took 2 weeks for them to analyze and upload the result.
I did mine in Michigan, US (happened to be visiting family at the time the request came). It took two weeks for this guy to upload the results. My partner did it in Victoria, BC and it took a couple of days to upload the results.

CIC has had the results for ~10 days and still no change to eCas.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
haithy said:
I was thinking about landing at the rainbow bridge too. do you mind to share your unfortunate experience there?
Yeah sure.
I was selected as Quebec skilled worker for permanent resident. However, when i got the passport request (March 2011), I was already moved to Toronto for my phd. (Note that I called CIC before I moved to Toronto to ask about my application and the agent confirmed that it is fine). I sent my passport along with a letter stating that "I am here in Toronto for phd studying and then I will go back to Montreal when I complete my studying". So, I got my passport back with immigrant visa on it. I called cic and asked if it is ok land in Toronto and I mentioned I was selected by Quebec for the permanent resident. The agent said it should be fine, you can land anywhere you want in Canada!! I went for landing at rainbow bridge. The first time, they asked me for proof of fund. So, I went second time with a bank statement of approximately $1000 and the funding letter form my school. Again, prior to that, I called cic to confirm this letter from school is enough as proof of fund. The agent at the border told me that I have to come later because they want to verify the letter from school.
I went the third time there and the agent took my PR confirmation and gave me a copy of it and she said that she will contact me soon. I got call after two days saying that I was refused to land and therefore I had to reapply again for PR from crash!! (The agent at the border said that she thinks that's 4-years program sounds permanent; therefore, she is not convinced that I will be back to Montreal) I told her that i was willing to quit my study and moved back to Montreal, she did not accept that!!
I talked with the immigration office at Buffalo and the officer who was in charge of my case emailed me saying that I can go back to the border at the rainbow bridge and try to convince the officer there that I will be back to Montreal. I did everything I could do to prove that and I went with a lawyer. The officer simply said that my papers were destroyed and there was nothing that she could do!!
I talked with many lawyers in Toronto and Montreal; and all of them agreed that I had bad luck to had that agent. They said that it was the first time they heard about this story. I asked them for appeal and they advised me that it would take forever and not guarantee!! they said the officer's decision is usually finalized !!
So that was my worst experience in Canada

So lets hope I will not get any surprise this time!!

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
Melhem1 said:
Yeah sure.
I was selected as Quebec skilled worker for permanent resident. However, when i got the passport request (March 2011), I was already moved to Toronto for my phd. (Note that I called CIC before I moved to Toronto to ask about my application and the agent confirmed that it is fine). I sent my passport along with a letter stating that "I am here in Toronto for phd studying and then I will go back to Montreal when I complete my studying". So, I got my passport back with immigrant visa on it. I called cic and asked if it is ok land in Toronto and I mentioned I was selected by Quebec for the permanent resident. The agent said it should be fine, you can land anywhere you want in Canada!! I went for landing at rainbow bridge. The first time, they asked me for proof of fund. So, I went second time with a bank statement of approximately $1000 and the funding letter form my school. Again, prior to that, I called cic to confirm this letter from school is enough as proof of fund. The agent at the border told me that I have to come later because they want to verify the letter from school.
I went the third time there and the agent took my PR confirmation and gave me a copy of it and she said that she will contact me soon. I got call after two days saying that I was refused to land and therefore I had to reapply again for PR from crash!! (The agent at the border said that she thinks that's 4-years program sounds permanent; therefore, she is not convinced that I will be back to Montreal) I told her that i was willing to quit my study and moved back to Montreal, she did not accept that!!
I talked with the immigration office at Buffalo and the officer who was in charge of my case emailed me saying that I can go back to the border at the rainbow bridge and try to convince the officer there that I will be back to Montreal. I did everything I could do to prove that and I went with a lawyer. The officer simply said that my papers were destroyed and there was nothing that she could do!!
I talked with many lawyers in Toronto and Montreal; and all of them agreed that I had bad luck to had that agent. They said that it was the first time they heard about this story. I asked them for appeal and they advised me that it would take forever and not guarantee!! they said the officer's decision is usually finalized !!

that seriously a very bad luck. I hope that this time it works well with you. Thank you for sharing

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
haithy said:
that seriously a very bad luck. I hope that this time it works well with you. Thank you for sharing
You have to apeal. It may take a year or 2. And you can submit a new application as well. Did you order CAIPS notes? You can use it in the court.
Please note this is a general advice for all Quebac residents. If you are moving outside Qc please keep an address there for a while till you are totoally safe for a year or two.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
I need your advice!!

If I land before September 1, I will pay less tuition fees. Is there anything that I can provide the CIC to get the passport request within 30 days? My question: If I voluntarily provide an electronic RCMP finger print, will the process become faster?
Note: They mentioned that:"Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Melhem1 said:
Yeah sure.

WOW! What an unfair decision! Howcome it takes forever? People appealed for the refusal here and overturned the decision in about 6-7 months with a court order. I think you should follow your case. No need to spend a lot of money. You can do it without a lawyer.

I am now very concerned since my wife is arriving by a flight to Montreal where I'll pick her up to come back to Ontario. I called CIC and they said it is OK. But how can I trust them! The lady was really unhelpful and always saying "I'm trying to help you...", instead of a clear, sound answer to my questions. Never had a good experience with CIC call centre.

Anyways, is here anybody who safely landed in Quebec with a federal landing visa?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
WOW! What an unfair decision! Howcome it takes forever? People appealed for the refusal here and overturned the decision in about 6-7 months with a court order. I think you should follow your case. No need to spend a lot of money. You can do it without a lawyer.

I am now very concerned since my wife is arriving by a flight to Montreal where I'll pick her up to come back to Ontario. I called CIC and they said it is OK. But how can I trust them! The lady was really unhelpful and always saying "I'm trying to help you...", instead of a clear, sound answer to my questions. Never had a good experience with CIC call centre.

Anyways, is here anybody who safely landed in Quebec with a federal landing visa?
A friend told me you can not land in Quebec, if you PR application is not from Quebec. Please change her flight to Toronto soon.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Melhem1 said:
Congratulations on your PR :)

I have questions for you, what does he mean by employment letter? TA contract? or reference letter? did he ask about work permit?Also, did he ask about bank statement?

Actually, I had the worst experience for landing at the rainbow bridge three years ago, would u recommend another place for landing?

Thank you
The employment letter is the letter you submitted for application, but a new one, that is my understanding. He did not ask for work permit. He asked for bank statement and pay slips from university

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Melhem1 said:
The first time, they asked me for proof of fund. So, I went second time with a bank statement of approximately $1000 and the funding letter form my school. Again, prior to that, I called cic to confirm this letter from school is enough as proof of fund. The agent at the border told me that I have to come later because they want to verify the letter from school.
Sorry to hear about your experience, Melhem1, and thanks for sharing this story. Hopefully you will land successfully this time.
Are you sure though that you were rejected because of the residency issue? It appears to me, the problem might have been due to you showing the account balance of only $1000. I do not see how PhD employment letter could work because it is not a permanent job---so enrollment in the PhD program cannot be used as a substitute of settlement funds.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yes, TyrusX landed in Montreal (http://goo.gl/kQiO56).

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
salam20 said:
You have to apeal. It may take a year or 2. And you can submit a new application as well. Did you order CAIPS notes? You can use it in the court.
Please note this is a general advice for all Quebac residents. If you are moving outside Qc please keep an address there for a while till you are totoally safe for a year or two.
This was three years ago and I just gave up. Laywers advised me to reapply and that what I did !!
I have CAIPS notes.
My advice for QC residents is to not leave the province until you land. The agent at the border checked my client ID and told me that I am studying at Toronto!!

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

As I told you, it is not recommended to land in Quebec. Be safe and land in Toronto, you never know how will go?!!

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Sorry to hear about your experience, Melhem1, and thanks for sharing this story. Hopefully you will land successfully this time.
Are you sure though that you were rejected because of the residency issue? It appears to me, the problem might have been due to you showing the account balance of only $1000. I do not see how PhD employment letter could work because it is not a permanent job---so enrollment in the PhD program cannot be used as a substitute of settlement funds.

Yes, TyrusX landed in Montreal (http://goo.gl/kQiO56).
I am sure of that... here is the caips note

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Melhem1 said:
I am sure of that... here is the caips note
Indeed. That is really upsetting, to go all the way through immigration and be refused to land. Good luck with your landing this time!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
salam20 said:
I need your advice!!

If I land before September 1, I will pay less tuition fees. Is there anything that I can provide the CIC to get the passport request within 30 days? My question: If I voluntarily provide an electronic RCMP finger print, will the process become faster?
Note: They mentioned that:"Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."
About the only thing you can do is send all the documents they have requested as soon as possible. I don't think they will entertain any request "to get the passport request within 30 days". Also, the RPRF email is a proof that you are now eligible for permanent residency (passing eligibility), and this is usually more than enough to get your tuition reduced to local. You may have to fight a bit (as I did two years ago) to get local tuition fee. Can you copy-paste the specific part of your particular university that mentions eligibility for local tuition fee?

Melhem1 said:
As I told you, it is not recommended to land in Quebec. Be safe and land in Toronto, you never know how will go?!!
That was a crazy story right there. I hope your actual landing this time would be much better :) And do not land in Quebec unless your PR is under QSW.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
Parkinson said:
You can order GCMS information under privacy act from CIC website to figure out how many points Sydney has awarded you and other information about your application. It usually takes around 1 year for Ottawa to process your application.
Thanks for this. I couldn't find the link to file for this. Could you forward it to me, please? I figure that it can't hurt to put pressure on and make enquiries. I realise my application was sent 'only' 9 months ago but still...

So my application would be in Ottawa? Is that where Sydney forward all of these applications?