+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
1- On June 20, 2014, I received a request for Right of Permanent Residence Fee and on June 21, I received the medical request.
2- I like to thank everybody for help and support since day 1.
3- If I land before September 1, I will pay less tuition fees. Is there anything that I can provide the CIC to get the passport request within 30 days? My question: If I voluntarily provide an electronic RCMP finger print, will the process become faster?
Note: They mentioned that:"Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hey Salam20,

Are you serious? Your tuition was reduced to domestic student rate since you received the Positive Eligibility Review letter last year! If you didn't claim it with your school, you just lost it.

Henry

salam20 said:
1- On June 20, 2014, I received a request for Right of Permanent Residence Fee and on June 21, I received the medical request.
2- I like to thank everybody for help and support since day 1.
3- If I land before September 1, I will pay less tuition fees. Is there anything that I can provide the CIC to get the passport request within 30 days? My question: If I voluntarily provide an electronic RCMP finger print, will the process become faster?
Note: They mentioned that:"Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose."

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Henry.Nguyen said:
Hey Salam20,

Are you serious? Your tuition was reduced to domestic student rate since you received the Positive Eligibility Review letter last year! If you didn't claim it with your school, you just lost it.

Henry
I live in SK. Here the univ did not accept this. I guess it works for ON, based on my search.

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
You are right, I missed your place. :)

salam20 said:
I live in SK. Here the univ did not accept this. I guess it works for ON, based on my search.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our PR application journey is finally done yesterday. We received our passport in the morning and landed in the night at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Fall. We really appreciate this forum, I am not sure if we can make it without this forum. I will share my landing experience, so you can use it as a reference.

The overall process is smooth, but the officer asked a lot of questions.

We payed 50 cents for each person and walked across the the Rainbow Bridge to US boarder. We told the officer there that we wanted to finish our landing process and he didn't ask anything more and gave us a refusal letter (it won't affect you in the future). Then we walked back to the Canadian boarder. The officer gave us a yellow slip and showed us to go to another building. We waited for 20 minute to be called. The officer asked a lot of questions. I listed all of them that I remembered:

1) which category you applied
2) Do you have your latest employment letter. I didn't know it has to be the latest one, I brought an old one.
3) Are you continuously employed now?
4) Who you are working for? My first answer is my supervisor, I can tell from the face of the officer I gave the wrong answer. Then I said I am working for University of XXX.
5) He said you are currently a student, but you also work as TA and RA. I said yes.
6) Do you have pay slips from U of XXX? I said I have bank statement, is it ok? He tried to find the payment from U of XXX and he found it. Because the RA is paied every four months, so I usually transfer the money to my high interest account. He noticed the transfer of $4000 and asked me what's this income? I explained to him it is not an income and it is transferred from my checking account (receiving payment from university)
7) do you have any other children or dependents? no
8) the officer also asked my wife later, did we get married before we apply for the PR. I think he may think we are married for immigration or something.

Finally He let us signed and said congratulations for becoming a PR.

He also told us if we want to travel internationally other than US before we receive the PR card, we can not get on the international flight before we received the PR card. He suggested us to travel to US and then departure from there to other countries. It is a good suggestion.

My suggestion is bring as many as documents as possible when you are landing. Also consider the RA and TA is a true job, not your study.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
mike5182 said:
Our PR application journey is finally done yesterday. We received our passport in the morning and landed in the night at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Fall. We really appreciate this forum, I am not sure if we can make it without this forum. I will share my landing experience, so you can use it as a reference.

The overall process is smooth, but the officer asked a lot of questions.

We payed 50 cents for each person and walked across the the Rainbow Bridge to US boarder. We told the officer there that we wanted to finish our landing process and he didn't ask anything more and gave us a refusal letter (it won't affect you in the future). Then we walked back to the Canadian boarder. The officer gave us a yellow slip and showed us to go to another building. We waited for 20 minute to be called. The officer asked a lot of questions. I listed all of them that I remembered:

1) which category you applied
2) Do you have your latest employment letter. I didn't know it has to be the latest one, I brought an old one.
3) Are you continuously employed now?
4) Who you are working for? My first answer is my supervisor, I can tell from the face of the officer I gave the wrong answer. Then I said I am working for University of XXX.
5) He said you are currently a student, but you also work as TA and RA. I said yes.
6) Do you have pay slips from U of XXX? I said I have bank statement, is it ok? He tried to find the payment from U of XXX and he found it. Because the RA is paied every four months, so I usually transfer the money to my high interest account. He noticed the transfer of $4000 and asked me what's this income? I explained to him it is not an income and it is transferred from my checking account (receiving payment from university)
7) do you have any other children or dependents? no
8) the officer also asked my wife later, did we get married before we apply for the PR. I think he may think we are married for immigration or something.

Finally He let us signed and said congratulations for becoming a PR.

He also told us if we want to travel internationally other than US before we receive the PR card, we can not get on the international flight before we received the PR card. He suggested us to travel to US and then departure from there to other countries. It is a good suggestion.

My suggestion is bring as many as documents as possible when you are landing. Also consider the RA and TA is a true job, not your study.
Congratulations on your PR :)

I have questions for you, what does he mean by employment letter? TA contract? or reference letter? did he ask about work permit?Also, did he ask about bank statement?

Actually, I had the worst experience for landing at the rainbow bridge three years ago, would u recommend another place for landing?

Thank you

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
Melhem1 said:
Congratulations on your PR :)

I have questions for you, what does he mean by employment letter? TA contract? or reference letter? did he ask about work permit?Also, did he ask about bank statement?

Actually, I had the worst experience for landing at the rainbow bridge three years ago, would u recommend another place for landing?

Thank you
I was thinking about landing at the rainbow bridge too. do you mind to share your unfortunate experience there?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
musicinthedark said:
last monday morning.
So it took a week inclusively for the doctor to send the results to CIC and CIC to upload them in the system. Thanks.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Parkinson said:
To decide if your letter is good or not you should check if you have the lead statement for your NOC code explicitly and also a substantial number of main duties (around 80% of them) in your ref. letter. The lead statement for your NOC code is "design, plan, research, evaluate and test electrical and electronic equipment and systems".
If your letter is not good you can send an updated ref. letter.
Is your work experience from your home country? Experiences in this forum has shown that the chance of a work experience from your home country being accepted by CIC is low unless it is very solid and you have very strong supporting documents. The chance of RA work experience with a solid ref. letter and good supporting docs is higher.
I'm not sure about changing the main NOC code, but I think that you probably can change it by sending an email asking for the change and attaching the updated form. Then, order GCMS notes to make sure it is changed. You can also ask this question from their call center.
I just want to take your advice,
I applied to FSW-Phd stream with two occupations
main one: NOC 2133, 1 year, overseas (40hr/week with duties and salary, etc)
second one: NOC 4012, 1.5 year, in Canada (21-24 hrs/week with duties, supervisor and HR letter)

The point is that the ref letter for NOC 2133 was not that match with the website. Recently, I requested an updated ref letter from my employer and they kindly sent it to me by email. the updated letter is much better with lead statements and majority of duties in NOC website.

Now I am confused,
I heard that CIC trust more in the in-Canada jobs. so, it is better to put NOC 4012 as a main job (I already sent to CPP-O to ask if I can exchange the main job from NOC 2133 to NOC 4012, but did not get a reply yet).

At the same time, I am worried the RA job will not accepted as a job (as I am phd student with student visa), so it is better to put a real job as a main one (and that what I did in the beginning).

So, my questions is:
Is it Ok to submit the updated letter to CIC, for NOC 2133? The number of hrs and dates are the same. There are some more details on the duties.
The new submitted letter will not contradict or cause any confusions to the officer??

Should I keep NOC 2133 as a main job? or ask CIC to switch if it is possible?

Thanks a lot

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Chakri264,

Not really 1 week. I think it depends on the clinic. For example I and some people here did medical exams in 474 College St, Toronto. And it took 2 weeks for them to analyze and upload the result.

chakri264 said:
So it took a week inclusively for the doctor to send the results to CIC and CIC to upload them in the system. Thanks.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Henry.Nguyen said:
Chakri264,

Not really 1 week. I think it depends on the clinic. For example I and some people here did medical exams in 474 College St, Toronto. And it took 2 weeks for them to analyze and upload the result.
Thank you for the input henry.