+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

zain22

May 22, 2014
hi guys,
is it necessary to send original document for the CIC as a prove of address? or copy will be enough and they can verify with the landlord if they want?
I sent them a copy and I'm worry, they may not accept it.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
GeographyPhD said:
Thanks for this. I couldn't find the link to file for this. Could you forward it to me, please? I figure that it can't hurt to put pressure on and make enquiries. I realise my application was sent 'only' 9 months ago but still...

So my application would be in Ottawa? Is that where Sydney forward all of these applications?
Please go through the link pasted. https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
zain22 said:
hi guys,
is it necessary to send original document for the CIC as a prove of address? or copy will be enough and they can verify with the landlord if they want?
I sent them a copy and I'm worry, they may not accept it.
A copy is enough. Do not send original documents (except PCC) since you don't get them back

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
I received two separate e-mails from CPC-Ottawa today the first one asking for RCMP and proof of fund (6 months account activity); the second one asking for RPRF. Is it the norm? I thought that they only request RPRF with the medical or when submitting the passport.

I do not have all the money they require as proof of fund for 6 months, but I can get it now. Will this be sufficient?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
DrImmi said:
I received two separate e-mails from CPC-Ottawa today the first one asking for RCMP and proof of fund (6 months account activity); the second one asking for RPRF. Is it the norm? I thought that they only request RPRF with the medical or when submitting the passport.

I do not have all the money they require as proof of fund for 6 months, but I can get it now. Will this be sufficient?
You should have to have that money sitting in your bank account for 6 months and you have to provide the statement for that period. If you are short of a couple of thousand dollars or so, you can fulfil it by showing that you bought a car. But if you are short for more than that it could be a problem.

The requests are normal. You should be happy that the RPRF came in. Some people just get the document request and wait for long time to see RPRF email in their inbox.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Is anybody here who noticed "no reportable trace" under RCMP in their GCMS and still received RCMP request? Is that possible?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
DrImmi said:
It does not hurt for them to ask for RPRF as it is refundable even if your application is refused at a later stage. I would order the GCMS notes to see what notes did the officers leave.

DrImmi said:
Small fluctuations of your balance below the minimum $11,824 are natural and normal, as long as from your statements it is clear where the money were coming from and where they went; just make sure the current balance is above $11,824. What they don't want to see, is that you had small balance before the proof of funds request, and then it jumped above the threshold.

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
kg.jadu said:
Small fluctuations of your balance below the minimum $11,824 are natural and normal, as long as from your statements it is clear where the money were coming from and where they went; just make sure the current balance is above $11,824. What they don't want to see, is that you had small balance before the proof of funds request, and then it jumped above the threshold.
I had around $5,000 only till April, but then I had almost nothing. My account now has less than $1,000. I can get/collect the money but if this will likely result in a rejection, I would prefer to withdraw my application to not lose my money.

Will I get a full refund for the immigration fees ($550) if I withdraw my application now?
If they see a large deposit after the POF request, does this automatically result in a rejection?

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
Congrats and thank you for your informative experience.

Wish you all the best in Canada~

mike5182 said:
Our PR application journey is finally done yesterday. We received our passport in the morning and landed in the night at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Fall. We really appreciate this forum, I am not sure if we can make it without this forum. I will share my landing experience, so you can use it as a reference.

The overall process is smooth, but the officer asked a lot of questions.

We payed 50 cents for each person and walked across the the Rainbow Bridge to US boarder. We told the officer there that we wanted to finish our landing process and he didn't ask anything more and gave us a refusal letter (it won't affect you in the future). Then we walked back to the Canadian boarder. The officer gave us a yellow slip and showed us to go to another building. We waited for 20 minute to be called. The officer asked a lot of questions. I listed all of them that I remembered:

1) which category you applied
2) Do you have your latest employment letter. I didn't know it has to be the latest one, I brought an old one.
3) Are you continuously employed now?
4) Who you are working for? My first answer is my supervisor, I can tell from the face of the officer I gave the wrong answer. Then I said I am working for University of XXX.
5) He said you are currently a student, but you also work as TA and RA. I said yes.
6) Do you have pay slips from U of XXX? I said I have bank statement, is it ok? He tried to find the payment from U of XXX and he found it. Because the RA is paied every four months, so I usually transfer the money to my high interest account. He noticed the transfer of $4000 and asked me what's this income? I explained to him it is not an income and it is transferred from my checking account (receiving payment from university)
7) do you have any other children or dependents? no
8) the officer also asked my wife later, did we get married before we apply for the PR. I think he may think we are married for immigration or something.

Finally He let us signed and said congratulations for becoming a PR.

He also told us if we want to travel internationally other than US before we receive the PR card, we can not get on the international flight before we received the PR card. He suggested us to travel to US and then departure from there to other countries. It is a good suggestion.

My suggestion is bring as many as documents as possible when you are landing. Also consider the RA and TA is a true job, not your study.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
DrImmi said:
I had around $5,000 only till April, but then I had almost nothing. My account now has less than $1,000. I can get/collect the money but if this will likely result in a rejection, I would prefer to withdraw my application to not lose my money.

Will I get a full refund for the immigration fees ($550) if I withdraw my application now?
If they see a large deposit after the POF request, does this automatically result in a rejection?
Isn't it mentioned in the RPRF request that you were found eligible in the class? I think that you passed eligibility and the fund assessment is a part of eligibility assessment which is already met. You'll probably get medical request tomorrow. Maybe they sent this doc request by mistake. You can try your chance by waiting and not sending the proof of fund (I think you have 1 month time for this) and seeing their reaction (order GCMS notes to figure out what is going on). After that you can decide to withdraw or not.

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
Parkinson said:
Is it mentioned in the RPRF request that you were find eligible in the class?
This is what the RPRF e-mail says:

This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Where can I get GCMS notes quickly? I checked online and it takes more than 4 weeks, which is after the date that I have to submit my POF.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Parkinson said:
Isn't it mentioned in the RPRF request that you were found eligible in the class? I think that you passed eligibility and the fund assessment is a part of eligibility assessment which is already met. You'll probably get medical request tomorrow. Maybe they sent this doc request by mistake. You can try your chance by waiting and not sending the proof of fund (I think you have 1 month time for this) and seeing their reaction (order GCMS notes to figure out what is going on). After that you can decide to withdraw or not.
I am skeptic that settlement funds come under eligibility since in the GCMS they did not mention anything about funds under "eligibility assessment".

zhougt

May 15, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
It's weird. I submitted my passport a few days ago and this is a concern now.
Maybe it's just a long line of passports ready for visa?
Thank you man! I just got my passport back today :)

Admin: could you update my status like: visa received on June 25? Thank you!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
chakri264 said:
I am skeptic that settlement funds come under eligibility since in the GCMS they did not mention anything about funds under "eligibility assessment".
I can clearly see that there is a subsection called fund assessment under eligibility section in my GCMS which has the value " met".

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
Oh NO. Failed at the last step. . :eek: I am very sorry to hear about your experience. You should not had such a rejection if you landed from within Quebec.

Anyway, thank you for sharing. Good luck to your new application.

Melhem1 said:
I am sure of that... here is the caips note