Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Parkinson said:
I can clearly see that there is a subsection called fund assessment under eligibility section in my GCMS which has the value " met".
Yeah.. I just saw that. You are right. I'm sorry.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Melhem1 said:
I am sure of that... here is the caips note
If I were you, I may have taken this to court and ask for PR and money for what you suffered because of this misleading officer.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
DrImmi said:
This is what the RPRF e-mail says:

Where can I get GCMS notes quickly? I checked online and it takes more than 4 weeks, which is after the date that I have to submit my POF.
So, you passed eligibility (including the fund assessment).
It takes one month to get GCMS notes. There is no way to get them quicker. You have two options:
1. You can take a risk and try your chance: don't send any POF (ignore the request) and hope that they sent the POF request by mistake or because you already passed eligibility they don't go back to your application and don't assess your eligibility again.
After one month, they might send you a reminder for POF or maybe refuse you because of not sending it in time or maybe they don't do any reaction which means you survived.
2. Withdraw (I'm not sure if the application fee will be refunded if you withdraw. But, RPRF would be refunded even if you get refused).

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
DrImmi said:
I had around $5,000 only till April, but then I had almost nothing. My account now has less than $1,000. I can get/collect the money but if this will likely result in a rejection, I would prefer to withdraw my application to not lose my money.

Will I get a full refund for the immigration fees ($550) if I withdraw my application now?
If they see a large deposit after the POF request, does this automatically result in a rejection?
You can also ask your parents or one of your relatives to transfer this money to your bank account in Canada, and then claim that this was your money in your home country or this was a gift from your parents. but you have to show them the transfer's receipt

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
zhougt said:
Thank you man! I just got my passport back today :)

Admin: could you update my status like: visa received on June 25? Thank you!

Eh! good news! lol!

Henry.Nguyen

May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2013
AOR Received.
08-04-2013
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
28-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014 / Med's Received: 17-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Hi guys,

After I paid the RPRF online, I email the Receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais (at) cic.gc.ca
Do I have to send a hardcopy to CPC?

Thanks,

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Eh! good news! lol!

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
meyakanor said:
About the only thing you can do is send all the documents they have requested as soon as possible. I don't think they will entertain any request "to get the passport request within 30 days". Also, the RPRF email is a proof that you are now eligible for permanent residency (passing eligibility), and this is usually more than enough to get your tuition reduced to local. You may have to fight a bit (as I did two years ago) to get local tuition fee. Can you copy-paste the specific part of your particular university that mentions eligibility for local tuition fee?

That was a crazy story right there. I hope your actual landing this time would be much better :) And do not land in Quebec unless your PR is under QSW.
I will look into that. I will try to get both the PER email and the RPRF email together and see how it works this time.
About the RCMP Screening or finger prints, it is not requested but I was thinking to provide it as an additional document from my side. I do not know if the CIC has already requested it from the RCMP or not. It is not clear to me yet it was issued or will be issued and how long will it take o be issued. and based on that I think if I voluntarely provide it, then I will get the PR faster.
And as I mentioned I will dig into the part of the loacal fees.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Henry.Nguyen said:
Hi guys,

After I paid the RPRF online, I email the Receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais (at) cic.gc.ca
Do I have to send a hardcopy to CPC?

Thanks,
No you are good

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Parkinson said:
Isn't it mentioned in the RPRF request that you were found eligible in the class? I think that you passed eligibility and the fund assessment is a part of eligibility assessment which is already met. You'll probably get medical request tomorrow. Maybe they sent this doc request by mistake. You can try your chance by waiting and not sending the proof of fund (I think you have 1 month time for this) and seeing their reaction (order GCMS notes to figure out what is going on). After that you can decide to withdraw or not.
If you can get a letter from your bank account back home showing the amount of money for 6 months that will be accepted as well. If you have property back home or car or .. etc, you can show that as well. the property value can be estimated by three different consultants and get those letters attached to your proof of fund.
Note: if you did not send the proof of fund they will send you a final reminder after 45 days.( My first application May 8, 2013 and June 21, 2013) then 30 more days. SO a total of 2.5 months. So if you pay the RPRF you will get the medical request next day hopefully, then within a month you may get a passport request, if that happens then you are good.
My advice is to understand they will ask you for a proof of fund sooner or later, so you can sell a property or something in order to get money into your bank account back home and provide the papers showing this sale transaction and with the letter from your bank as a proof of fund, get it ready on the last day (30th) after your receive their final reminder.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
DrImmi said:
I had around $5,000 only till April, but then I had almost nothing. My account now has less than $1,000. I can get/collect the money but if this will likely result in a rejection, I would prefer to withdraw my application to not lose my money.
That is exactly what they don't like and why they ask for proof of funds. Though you could try suggestions of Dany1982 or Parkinson and see what comes out of this.

DrImmi said:
Will I get a full refund for the immigration fees ($550) if I withdraw my application now?
If they see a large deposit after the POF request, does this automatically result in a rejection?
No, $550 fee is not refundable, RPRF is.
Usually large deposits after POF request result in a rejection. But if you can explain where the money came from (transfer from relatives, selling property), you might have chance. This all depends on the particular officer who reviews your file.

Good luck.

DrImmi

Jun 7, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
31-08-2013
Med's Request
26-06-2014
Med's Done....
24-09-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
06-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2014
LANDED..........
31-10-2014
salam20 said:
If you have property back home or car or .. etc,
This is a good suggestion, I will get some papers to show properties I have.

salam20 said:
if you did not send the proof of fund they will send you a final reminder after 45 days.
I ordered the GCMS notes today, so hopefully to get it before the 45 days pass and see exactly what is there in the file.

kg.jadu said:
No, $550 fee is not refundable,
In this case, I won't withdraw my application since it won't save me anything,.

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
DrImmi said:
I ordered the GCMS notes today, so hopefully to get it before the 45 days pass and see exactly what is there in the file.

In this case, I won't withdraw my application since it won't save me anything,.
Hi DrImmi,

As was suggested, try to show some properties back home, if you have!
Also, if you can get a gift from parents or relatives, that would be consider as a proof of fund. The person who would transfer the money for you, he/she should signed a letter stating that this money is yours now and you do have to return it.. that should work .. i remember I read this on one of the forums online!!

good luck

Melhem1

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Melhem1 said:
Hi DrImmi,

As was suggested, try to show some properties back home, if you have!
Also, if you can get a gift from parents or relatives, that would be consider as a proof of fund. The person who would transfer the money for you, he/she should signed a letter stating that this money is yours now and you do have to return it.. that should work .. i remember I read this on one of the forums online!!

good luck
Sorry I mean
"he/she should signed a letter stating that this money is yours now and you do not have to return it"

my bad

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
DrImmi said:
not properties!! only transferable funds

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Dani1982 said:
not properties!! only transferable funds
Do they check credit history as well .. I heard some people withdraw cash from credit card or other loans and show bank balance with that cash ... not sure how that works