26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kaziahmmed said:
This is interesting, but what I have noticed in my GCMS that my RCMP was submitted on 3rd of August 2012 just on the day when I was issued the PER but it didnt have any result even on May21st, 2013 when I got my GCMS. On the other hand I have noticed they started my criminality check just when they have requested additional documents from me (POF and PCC) thats why I had that kind of impression. May be you are right.
The thing is, while security and criminality are indeed different, RCMP screening seems to correspond more to background check and security rather than criminality (for some reason, under 'criminality', there are only the police certificates that I have ever submitted from the countries that I have lived in, but not Canada).

Also, as I mentioned, the last thing that they approved on my file was my medical, so security checks, at least in my case, seem to have been concluded even before eligibility (selection factor + POF) was passed. Under one of the notes (the one right after they passed me on selection factor), it was mentioned "Security: No A (blanked) 35 or 37 concerns", and this was dated on February 26 2013, about the time I got "No Reportable Trace". They seemed to have concluded my background checks before they even started my criminality!

anjuku said:
so that clearly justifies a Ph.D. student claiming RA/TA work experience...moreover, as asbereth and myself have posted before we asked a CIC officer who had come to our school if RA/TA can count as work experience..this was her response "as long as you are remunerated for your work (be it taxable or non-taxable), you can claim it as work experience...and it makes sense too...our supervisors pay us for doing research/RA..In our school, the contract letter we receive each term states that you will receive a research assistantship in the amount of XXXX and your duties will be assigned by your supervisor, to whom you will be responsible....In other words we are not getting paid to STUDY and take courses even though we do this for our Ph.D. as well ::)...we get remunerated for the WORK we do as a RA/TA!
One thing that we need to add here is that, nobody should ever inflate the number of TA hours on their letters of reference, as that would be misrepresentation. One thing that I don't understand here is that, why is it that salem10 seems to be under the impression that everybody here is exaggerating their TA hours. I don't think it would be wise to do so as there is usually a contract, on which the explicit number of TA hours for a corresponding academic term will be mentioned.

Besides, if there is no problem in accepting that an average worker spends about 40 hours per week at work, why is it so hard to believe that one can study full-time (which is normally 15 hours per week), and also work for 15 to 20 hours per week, just fine? If we claim that we work 50 hours per week, and are also studying full-time, then I can understand why the officers may have some doubts when evaluating our work experience.

This is why I keep telling people to claim RA hours modestly, so that your hourly minimum wage works out to still be quite a bit above the minimum wage, and also that it won't look like you're exaggerating your number of hours [since you are also claiming that you are a full-time student during this period).

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
asbereth said:
The thing is, while security and criminality are indeed different, RCMP screening seems to correspond more to background check and security rather than criminality (for some reason, under 'criminality', there are only the police certificates that I have ever submitted from the countries that I have lived in, but not Canada).

Also, as I mentioned, the last thing that they approved on my file was my medical, so security checks, at least in my case, seem to have been concluded even before eligibility (selection factor + POF) was passed. Under one of the notes (the one right after they passed me on selection factor), it was mentioned "Security: No A (blanked) 35 or 37 concerns", and this was dated on February 26 2013, about the time I got "No Reportable Trace". They seemed to have concluded my background checks before they even started my criminality!
Recently, I got my CAIPS. I notice RCMP Screening change to "No Reportable Trace" for myself but for my spouse there is nothing written there. But I notice that there are batch sent on the same date after two or three days of RCMP screening begining started for both of us. Criminality check started, as well. But Security not started.

lamarck

Nov 20, 2012
Hi There,

Today (July 17) I got an email from CIC asking me to send the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), my passport, along with 2 photos, to issue the immigration visa.

ps. I got a personal message from a member of the group but it seems that i don't have enough permission to reply as a personal message. Anyhow, it was a timely reminder to update my status here.

Thanks,
LaMarck

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lamarck said:
Hi There,

Today (July 17) I got an email from CIC asking me to send the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), my passport, along with 2 photos, to issue the immigration visa.

ps. I got a personal message from a member of the group but it seems that i don't have enough permission to reply as a personal message. Anyhow, it was a timely reminder to update my status here.

Thanks,
LaMarck
Congrats!

Jul 12, 2013
asbereth said:
I think what matters is matching the lead statement and also a substantial number of main duties. This is pursuant to R80(3), which states that

Also, while at least one year of work experience (of 1,560 hours) within the last 10 years would need to be continuous, all of other work experience would accumulative. So as long as there is a continuous chunk of 1,560 hours within the last 10 years (counting only up to 30 hours per week), then all of the other work experience would be accumulative.

For example, if you have 18 months of continuous work experience, then 7 months elsewhere, then the total work experience you will have would be 25 months. Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong :)

EDIT: there is an explanation for this on OP6B:

But no such explanation exists on OP6C. There is no difference in the way work experience should be calculated for the new FSWP (I compared IRPR subsection 80 and the only difference between the old and the new versions was just the total number of hours per week that define 'full-time'), so I do not expect this would have changed after May 4.
Thanks very much asbereth for this good explanation. So it seems my one year work experience from back home could be considered under NOC 4012 as long as my job description matches the lead statement and some of the main duties. I did assist senior researchers with research activities and performed some of the duties listed under this code. My concerned is that the 4012 states that University or college registration is a requirement. Also the lead statement says that the applicant assisted in research and teaching activities. I don't have the teaching part and I'm not sure if the job description should exactly match the lead statement. If this work experience is accepted under 4012 as full time continuous work experience than my cumulative 1250 hours of TAship can be added to it. Do you guys think I should give it a try and apply?

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congratulations :d

lamarck said:
Hi There,

Thanks,
LaMarck

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
Hi guys,
is there any body here who sent his application after may 4th and get any response from cic? or even his credit card has been charged?
I sent my application package on june 2nd but nothing has been happened yet :(
I'm really worried about it. please help me

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sa-ha said:
Hi guys,
is there any body here who sent his application after may 4th and get any response from cic? or even his credit card has been charged?
I sent my application package on june 2nd but nothing has been happened yet :(
I'm really worried about it. please help me
Chill man, mine was sent on 20130612 and so far nothing for me as well. :) I think they are super busy nowadays. Be patient.

sa-ha

May 24, 2013
sarsanballa said:
Chill man, mine was sent on 20130612 and so far nothing for me as well. :) I think they are super busy nowadays. Be patient.
Thanks a lot dude. so best thing is waiting. let me know if you get any news from them :)

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
damn, rejected.

The officers are ridiculous, sometimes they remove my degree points and sometimes the adaptive points. Now, they said my work experience is not enough. In the previous two assessments, they admit my 5-year work experiences, but now, I got this:

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: Teaching Assistant (NOC 4112), Research Assistant (NOC 4112), Test Manager (NOC 0211), Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and Testing Engineer (NOC 2173). "

" However, your periods of work experience as a Test Manager, Software Engineer and Testing Engineer do not meet Regulation 80(3) as your letter of reference does not list duties which match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under each NOC code you selected. "

I notice there is confusion about Software Engineer and Computer Engineer (NOC 2147). I just check the NOC list again and think my experiences are more coincide with the latter. My work responsibility is actually as this one "Network system and data communication engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software". How can I contact them to clarify this? Is it possible to change their mind? If my work experiences are admitted, I have enough points for FSW.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jackson2209 said:
damn, rejected.

The officers are ridiculous, sometimes they remove my degree points and sometimes the adaptive points. Now, they said my work experience is not enough. In the previous two assessments, they admit my 5-year work experiences, but now, I got this:

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: Teaching Assistant (NOC 4112), Research Assistant (NOC 4112), Test Manager (NOC 0211), Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and Testing Engineer (NOC 2173). "

" However, your periods of work experience as a Test Manager, Software Engineer and Testing Engineer do not meet Regulation 80(3) as your letter of reference does not list duties which match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under each NOC code you selected. "

I notice there is confusion about Software Engineer and Computer Engineer (NOC 2147). I just check the NOC list again and think my experiences are more coincide with the latter. My work responsibility is actually as this one "Network system and data communication engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software". How can I contact them to clarify this? Is it possible to change their mind? If my work experiences are admitted, I have enough points for FSW.
Man, this sucks :( If your work xp doesn't match the NOC code, I don't think you can do anything at this point. What about your other experiences? Do none of them really match their NOC code description?

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Houra said:
Man, this sucks :( If your work xp doesn't match the NOC code, I don't think you can do anything at this point. What about your other experiences? Do none of them really match their NOC code description?
I actually worked as a test engineer in a network vendor, so my work experiences should be in the Computer Engineer category. My job description matches "Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software". I think the officer doesn't have expertise in my area, otherwise he should know "detect bugs in the operating system of our network products" is the same as "evaluate network system software". That's why I am thinking about explaining and appealing to make a change.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
jackson2209 said:
damn, rejected.

Sorry to hear this. You mentioned your work experience was accepted in the previous two assessments. Was the assessment before this by Ottawa?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
jackson2209 said:
damn, rejected.

Sorry to hear that :(. Did you update your TA/RA letter as explained and discussed in the forum. Please let us know and also provide us the letter you have last submitted.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
jackson2209 said:
damn, rejected.

This is another proof that RA is not as good as other work experience (industrial or academia work experience). If you are PhD student and holding fund and doing research, your supervisor should write you a letter describing your full duties detail including hrs and pay. From your prescription, you work off campus as an engineer in a company and you responsible to look after their network and find bugs. What type of research you doing and do you have publication within this period on this work. This might help.