20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
As far as calculating the number of hours is concerned, it will not matter. Any work experience in excess of 30 hours per week (or 37.5 hours per week under the old rule) would be truncated down, so it won't add or subtract from the total number of years for your work experience. You won't magically have 2,288 hours for the year you're working 44 hours per week. It would still be 1,560 hours.

However, I think you should still notify them about this mistake. Send an email to Ottawa (I know, they will take forever to reply) at least to clarify, or contact your local MP to get faster response. Better, also have your employer write a letter explaining the mistake if possible. To be honest though, I really don't think it's such a big deal, but better be safe :)
Man seems like u r doing a parallel phd on Phd Stream Immigration :). U r just great for being so kind and helpful to many of us. In a word.....an "Archive" for this forum :))). Keep it up

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
For mine, they changed from "not started" to blank, but I think you're right.

The last thing they did on my file was medical screening, and security screening seems to be concluded the same time as RCMP screening (again, based on my GCMS notes), which was even before they concluded eligibility. What they did after eligibility was medical and criminality.

Maybe security checks for us that are already in Canada is much faster. I heard it may take months or even years for some people to get their security checks concluded.
This is sound more logical to me. I guess, applicants who passed their eligibility but their RCMP screening delays their MR request also delays, on the other hand in some cases when RCMP screening comes clear early but they still have to wait in que for some officer to pass the eligibility. Now delay of RCMP screening depends on several factors a)common name/similarity with any hardcore criminal, b) if u r from a listed country c) if ur spouse or other dependents accompanying with u , I believe for single applicant it will significantly reduce the background checking time (d)if ur accompanying dependents living in country's other than Canada (e) if u have too much travel history.
I didn't find these information from any authenticated source, all these are my predications from this forum and from the discussion with lot friends in different cases.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
This is sound more logical to me. I guess, applicants who passed their eligibility but their RCMP screening delays their MR request also delays, on the other hand in some cases when RCMP screening comes clear early but they still have to wait in que for some officer to pass the eligibility. Now delay of RCMP screening depends on several factors a)common name/similarity with any hardcore criminal, b) if u r from a listed country c) if ur spouse or other dependents accompanying with u , I believe for single applicant it will significantly reduce the background checking time (d)if ur accompanying dependents living in country's other than Canada (e) if u have too much travel history.
I didn't find these information from any authenticated source, all these are my predications from this forum and from the discussion with lot friends in different cases.
RCMP is checking your criminal record in Canada which is usually done quickly (For criminal check they check the police certificate from countries you have lived before as well as your criminal record in Canada).

That is the security screening which delays the application and as you said may depend on several factors such as name and nationality.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
beh467 said:
RCMP is checking your criminal record in Canada which is usually done quickly (For criminal check they check the police certificate from countries you have lived before as well as your criminal record in Canada).

That is the security screening which delays the application and as you said may depend on several factors such as name and nationality.
Security screening is quite independent and different from screening for criminality. In the former, they are looking into the possibility of the applicant being a threat to the national security of Canada (by engaging in acts of espionage, counter intelligence, subversion etc etc). For criminality, they are more concerned about the applicant having a criminal past. For example, a person can have a clean criminal record but could still pose a security threat.

Security issues are handled by CSIS and has its own timelines for completing this.This is where your travel history comes into play

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:

This is interesting, but what I have noticed in my GCMS that my RCMP was submitted on 3rd of August 2012 just on the day when I was issued the PER but it didnt have any result even on May21st, 2013 when I got my GCMS. On the other hand I have noticed they started my criminality check just when they have requested additional documents from me (POF and PCC) thats why I had that kind of impression. May be you are right.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
hi guys,

may i know how do you guys pay for the rfrf fees? Did you guys just pay online, print out the receipt and then mail it back to ottawa to attach to the file?

thanks!

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi starrysky,

You can pay it through the following link and mail the receipt to Ottawa:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?lob=pric&cat=Permanent+Residence
Thanks NeverGiveUp for the quick response. I've paid the fees through the link but my question is what's next and how to get Ottawa office attach my receipt to my application. Anyway, I've found the answer. :) I'll send the scanned copy of my receipt to CPPO-Cost-Recovery@cic.gc.ca

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Hi folks,
I have just replied to a member and I think it would be useful for all other members as well who have done landing and waiting for their PR card. It takes about 2 months to get PR card after landing and this duration changes over time. You can check the folowing link to have an idea about the current processing time to get a PR card:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Goodluck to everyone with their PR application.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
I sent my updated experience letter along with PCCs to Ottawa. I have also received their confirmation about the documents,
though they have not named the individual documents. Should I send them a copy of experience letter through email too?

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
Feb2004 said:
I sent my updated experience letter along with PCCs to Ottawa. I have also received their confirmation about the documents,
though they have not named the individual documents. Should I send them a copy of experience letter through email too?
No harm in sending the documents by email. Many applicants in this forum have sent documents by a mail as well as an email.

Good luck.

rannabes

Jun 27, 2013
Hello

I wonder if anybody knows whether I can count on my research assistant as work experience or not.

Some people say since it is something towards my PhD program it doesn't count as work experience since I have no contribution in the market. Other say, if I receive RA for my funding I can consider my research as work experience but if I receive Research Scholarship, since I am not paying taxes, my work will not as RA work experience.

Thanks

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
rannabes said:
Hello

I wonder if anybody knows whether I can count on my research assistant as work experience or not.

Some people say since it is something towards my PhD program it doesn't count as work experience since I have no contribution in the market. Other say, if I receive RA for my funding I can consider my research as work experience but if I receive Research Scholarship, since I am not paying taxes, my work will not as RA work experience.

Thanks
My friend please try to read some previous posts on this forum and you will find plenty of information regarding your question. This topic has been extensively discussed here before.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
rannabes said:
Hello

Thanks
Exactly, I agree. If my research work is count toward my PhD, it does not count as work experience. Other wise how person can study and learn toward PhD degree without been involved in such research and study works. I cannot consider same work twice. This is logic. If I am doing additional work toward certain project during my PhD study, this count as work experience. The number of hours should counted as those devoted toward the additional project and considering the pay from the supervisor. In this meaning, TA count as work experience, but many people overkill TA to sky limits. TA is 120hrs/term or even many universities offers 1/2 TA which 60hrs/term. I know many people donot like this post, but this is the reality.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rannabes said:
Hello

Thanks
Yes. It counts.
The NOC code for the research assistant is 4012 (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012)
There is no requirement by CIC that your income should be taxable.

Once you have the draft of your letter ready, you can post it here. So, you can get help if there is any problem with your letter.

Good luck!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
salem10 said:
Exactly, I agree. If my research work is count toward my PhD, it does not count as work experience. Other wise how person can study and learn toward PhD degree without been involved in such research and study works. I cannot consider same work twice. This is logic. If I am doing additional work toward certain project during my PhD study, this count as work experience. The number of hours should counted as those devoted toward the additional project and considering the pay from the supervisor. In this meaning, TA count as work experience, but many people overkill TA to sky limits. TA is 120hrs/term or even many universities offers 1/2 TA which 60hrs/term. I know many people donot like this post, but this is the reality.
This is not what is happening in reality...this is just your interpretation of things...we have seen many on this forum get their PRs with just RA/TA work experience...if you read the NOC 4012 description carefully, they have stated the following

"Employment requirements

Enrolment in a university or college program is required."

so that clearly justifies a Ph.D. student claiming RA/TA work experience...moreover, as asbereth and myself have posted before we asked a CIC officer who had come to our school if RA/TA can count as work experience..this was her response "as long as you are remunerated for your work (be it taxable or non-taxable), you can claim it as work experience...and it makes sense too...our supervisors pay us for doing research/RA..In our school, the contract letter we receive each term states that you will receive a research assistantship in the amount of XXXX and your duties will be assigned by your supervisor, to whom you will be responsible....In other words we are not getting paid to STUDY and take courses even though we do this for our Ph.D. as well ::)...we get remunerated for the WORK we do as a RA/TA!