+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
jackson2209 said:
damn, rejected.

The officers are ridiculous, sometimes they remove my degree points and sometimes the adaptive points. Now, they said my work experience is not enough. In the previous two assessments, they admit my 5-year work experiences, but now, I got this:

"Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) in which you requested assessment: Teaching Assistant (NOC 4112), Research Assistant (NOC 4112), Test Manager (NOC 0211), Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and Testing Engineer (NOC 2173). "

" However, your periods of work experience as a Test Manager, Software Engineer and Testing Engineer do not meet Regulation 80(3) as your letter of reference does not list duties which match the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under each NOC code you selected. "

I notice there is confusion about Software Engineer and Computer Engineer (NOC 2147). I just check the NOC list again and think my experiences are more coincide with the latter. My work responsibility is actually as this one "Network system and data communication engineers perform some or all of the following duties:
Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture
Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software". How can I contact them to clarify this? Is it possible to change their mind? If my work experiences are admitted, I have enough points for FSW.
Sorry to hear that. I got rejected for quite similar reason. At least they are quite good in replying back your emails after they reject you. You can definitely email them and share your concern.

tanyanlan

Jun 8, 2012
MJ2 said:
Sorry to hear that. I got rejected for quite similar reason. At least they are quite good in replying back your emails after they reject you. You can definitely email them and share your concern.
How long takes for them to respond you, MJ2? Thanks

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
salem10 said:
This is another proof that RA is not as good as other work experience (industrial or academia work experience). If you are PhD student and holding fund and doing research, your supervisor should write you a letter describing your full duties detail including hrs and pay. From your prescription, you work off campus as an engineer in a company and you responsible to look after their network and find bugs. What type of research you doing and do you have publication within this period on this work. This might help.
Look this person was not rejected in terms of his RA/TA work experience..he was rejected based on some other NOC codes he claimed as his previous work experience ...what is it with you not liking people claiming RA/TA experience??.....it is upto CIC to accept/reject applications and check the authenticity of the documents we provide...that is not YOUR job!!!....if CIC is OK with RA/TA work experience and as long as we give them sufficient proof to support our claim, why does it bug you so much??...and for the record, for all of us that did claim RA/TAship, we did provide letters listing our duties as well as details of our pay and hrs worked..many of us also provided tax receipts and paystubs to support our claim too...

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
jackson2209 said:
I actually worked as a test engineer in a network vendor, so my work experiences should be in the Computer Engineer category. My job description matches "Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software". I think the officer doesn't have expertise in my area, otherwise he should know "detect bugs in the operating system of our network products" is the same as "evaluate network system software". That's why I am thinking about explaining and appealing to make a change.
The question is which NOC code did YOU select for the work experience you claimed...you cannot change your mind on the NOC codes now....if you selected the right NOC code that corresponds well with your duties and lead statement mentioned in your reference letter, then you can send an appeal..however, i believe someone on the forum did do that recently and was turned down by CIC..but you can always give it a try!

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Guys, I got Doc request (POF) today!!!!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Parkinson said:
Guys, I got Doc request (POF) today!!!!
I applied 1 month before you, and I have not received any document request yet, I started getting worry !

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
Look this person was not rejected in terms of his RA/TA work experience..he was rejected based on some other NOC codes he claimed as his previous work experience ...what is it with you not liking people claiming RA/TA experience??.....it is upto CIC to accept/reject applications and check the authenticity of the documents we provide...that is not YOUR job!!!....if CIC is OK with RA/TA work experience and as long as we give them sufficient proof to support our claim, why does it bug you so much??...and for the record, for all of us that did claim RA/TAship, we did provide letters listing our duties as well as details of our pay and hrs worked..many of us also provided tax receipts and paystubs to support our claim too...
Couldn't agree more. This guy has a problem!

salem10 said:
This is another proof that RA is not as good as other work experience (industrial or academia work experience). If you are PhD student and holding fund and doing research, your supervisor should write you a letter describing your full duties detail including hrs and pay. From your prescription, you work off campus as an engineer in a company and you responsible to look after their network and find bugs. What type of research you doing and do you have publication within this period on this work. This might help.
Are you even a PhD stream applicant? Why are you so envious toward people in this stream? Oh, I guess it's because you've been waiting for too long and you can't bear to see other people get accepted.
By the way, I wonder how they accepted your "writtin" sample! :))

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The_Prince said:
I applied 1 month before you, and I have not received any document request yet, I started getting worry !
You actually applied 4 months before him! I applied 3 months before him and haven't heard anything yet. I included POF and PC with my application. Maybe we won't get any doc request at all!

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Houra said:
You actually applied 4 months before him! I applied 3 months before him and haven't heard anything yet. I included POF and PC with my application. Maybe we won't get any doc request at all!

You are right, it is actually 4 months not 1 month. I think it is very rare not to receive any doc. request. hope we hear something from them soon

tanyanlan

Jun 8, 2012
MJ2 said:
They replied back my first email in one day, second one in two days.
Do you get any good news from CIC? I wish you the best of luck. By the way, I am in opposite of you. I did not mention my TA and RA duties very detailed, and I got rejected.

DanielKevin

Jun 27, 2013
How did you guys pay the fee? I got confused: Guide 7000 prefers online payment. But there is no option for federal skilled workers on the online payment webpage (only Quebec skilled worker). Shall I just use IMM 5620 and do not need to send them a receipt of online payment?
Thank you.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Houra said:
I believe they are just contacting people who have documents missing like POF and PCCs.... they did the same before too, starting with the May 2012 applicants while all of us who had applied in march and april 2012 were biting our nails on why we weren't contacted :D....well, overall, i think it is a good thing since it will substantially reduce the processing time...once they actually start the eligibility assessment on such files, these people will get a direct medical request or a rejection(i pray no one gets a rejection)....so for all of you, who havn't heard anything yet, just hang in there..!...it will eventually come...i was in the same boat as you guys.:)