Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
DanielKevin said:
How did you guys pay the fee? I got confused: Guide 7000 prefers online payment. But there is no option for federal skilled workers on the online payment webpage (only Quebec skilled worker). Shall I just use IMM 5620 and do not need to send them a receipt of online payment?
Thank you.
Which fee are you referring to?...the initial processing fee of 550$/per person that you submit with your application or the right to permanent residence fee of 490$/person?
if it is the initial fee of 550$, you don't do it online...you fill up the form (the form should be given in the application package) with your credit card info and you submit the signed form with your application...
if it is the RPRF, you do it online using this link
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi anjuku,
Did you send your updated documents to Ottawa by mail as well as email? Though I have submitted my updated experience letter by post along with the PCCs.I am also thinking of sending it by email. Is it good to send duplicate documents?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Feb2004 said:
Hi anjuku,
Did you send your updated documents to Ottawa by mail as well as email? Though I have submitted my updated experience letter by post along with the PCCs.I am also thinking of sending it by email. Is it good to send duplicate documents?
in the case of my updated work experience letter, i sent it as an e-mail as well as a hardcopy..but for the POF which i also sent them proactively, i only sent them an email with scanned bank statements attached...from my CAIPS, it seems they have acknowledged receipt of both (e-mail and hardcopy)...so i think either way is fine...eventhough they say not to send in the same stuff through multiple means, i don't think doing so will negatively affect your file in any way!

by the way, PCCs are only accepted in originals...so you don't need to send an e-mail of that ;)

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
I believe they are just contacting people who have documents missing like POF and PCCs.... they did the same before too, starting with the May 2012 applicants while all of us who had applied in march and april 2012 were biting our nails on why we weren't contacted :D....well, overall, i think it is a good thing since it will substantially reduce the processing time...once they actually start the eligibility assessment on such files, these people will get a direct medical request or a rejection(i pray no one gets a rejection)....so for all of you, who havn't heard anything yet, just hang in there..!...it will eventually come...i was in the same boat as you guys.:)
Thanks! Fingers crossed...

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
tanyanlan said:
Do you get any good news from CIC? I wish you the best of luck. By the way, I am in opposite of you. I did not mention my TA and RA duties very detailed, and I got rejected.
No good news from my side. I just contacted them to make sure that they looked at the right letter, which they claimed they did.

I am sorry to hear about your rejection. I learned not to give up and be patient with the whole immigration process. I am considering to re-apply. Maybe this can also be an option for you to consider.

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
Excuse me if it's already been discussed here. I searched the forum but couldn't find many posts except few.

Does anyone have any experinece with WES regarding credential assessment? They say that all documents are subject to verification. Does it mean that they will definitely contact my universities to ensure validity of the documents?
For my universities, it will take a life time to reply back even if they do.

Also, if I have my master's in engineering, can I choose between either WES or UofT CES?

Thanks,

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
MJ2 said:
Excuse me if it's already been discussed here. I searched the forum but couldn't find many posts except few.

Does anyone have any experinece with WES regarding credential assessment? They say that all documents are subject to verification. Does it mean that they will definitely contact my universities to ensure validity of the documents?
For my universities, it will take a life time to reply back even if they do.

Also, if I have my master's in engineering, can I choose between either WES or UofT CES?

Thanks,
Hi MJ2, once again, sorry for your rejection and wish you much luck for your reapplication.
No, they will not contact your universities to ensure validity of the documents, but they do need your transcripts to be sent directly by your universities (you can send them your certificates by yourself).
Yes, you can choose either WES or U of T CES, the former is a bit cheaper though.

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
NeverGiveUp said:
Hi MJ2, once again, sorry for your rejection and wish you much luck on your reapplication.
No, they will not contact your universities to ensure validity of the documents, but they do need your transcripts to be sent directly by your universities (you can send them your certificates by yourself).
Yes, you can choose either WES or U of T CES, the former is a bit cheaper though.
Thanks Never for your wishes and reply. That relieved my mind.

I got one more question if anyone can help. My university issues official transcript in the original language only once in the whole life time. But they can easily send official translation enclosed with the copy of original transcript in a signed and sealed envelope.
I noticed that UofT CES accepts colorful copies of transcript attached with official translation, but does anyone know if WES also accept transcript to be sent in this form or they only want official transcripts in the original language?
I asked WES about this, but never got a reply.
Thanks,

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
Thanks Never for your wishes and reply. That relieved my mind.

I got one more question if anyone can help. My university issues official transcript in the original language only once in the whole life time. But they can easily send official translation enclosed with the copy of original transcript in a signed and sealed envelope.
I noticed that UofT CES accepts colorful copies of transcript attached with official translation, but does anyone know if WES also accept transcript to be sent in this form or they only want official transcripts in the original language?
I asked WES about this, but never got a reply.
Thanks,
I did the educational credential assessment with WES.
Your university should send a copy of official transcript in original language (translation is not required) along with the academic records request form (http://www.wes.org/ca/required/International_Transcript_Request.pdf) in a sealed envelope to WES.

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
beh467 said:
I did the educational credential assessment with WES.
Your university should send a copy of official transcript in original language (translation is not required) along with the academic records request form (http://www.wes.org/ca/required/International_Transcript_Request.pdf) in a sealed envelope to WES.
Thanks a lot beh, I thought the request form was optional to include. Good to know.
Is it ok if the copy doesn't bear any signature? Do they consider it as official only because it is in a sealed envelope even though it is simply copy of an original transcripts?
I am sure I should fight with them to include request form.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
Hey guys,

To keep you informed and if anyone needs to compare:

"Medical results have been received." showed up in my online application status.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
Thanks a lot beh, I thought the request form was optional to include. Good to know.
Is it ok if the copy doesn't bear any signature? Do they consider it as official only because it is in a sealed envelope even though it is simply copy of an original transcripts?
I am sure I should fight with them to include request form.
Request form must be included.
Yes, just a copy of transcript in original language along with the request form in a sealed envelope is enough.
(I don't know your nationality. You can find the required documents for different countries here: http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp)

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
beh467 said:
Request form must be included.
Yes, just a copy of transcript in original language along with the request form in a sealed envelope is enough.
(I don't know your nationality. You can find the required documents for different countries here: http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp)
Thanks beh,
I found another post from you and one from kuzey which cleared almost everything for me.
Now the hassle is to convince them to include the request form. ???

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Parkinson said:
Guys, I got Doc request (POF) today!!!!
Did you send a bank statement for the last 6 months before?

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013