+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

dev236

Jun 24, 2011
Oh, and I have one more question: Do i need to show proof of funds? I mean, I don't have the $11,000 in my bank account, but I do get a stipend from the university. Is showing that I have gotten over $20,000/year over the past few years enough as a proof of fund?

Thanks!

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
dev236 said:
Oh, and I have one more question: Do i need to show proof of funds? I mean, I don't have the $11,000 in my bank account, but I do get a stipend from the university. Is showing that I have gotten over $20,000/year over the past few years enough as a proof of fund?
No. You must have the required funds in your accounts, computed as assets minus liabilities (if any). This is an absolutely strict requirement in the FSW stream.

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi guys,

My application files have been received for almost one month, but I still haven't got any message about file number or other information? Is it normal? Anyone who also sent application last month have got any message? Thanks for telling~~

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wintercolder said:
Hi guys,

My application files have been received for almost one month, but I still haven't got any message about file number or other information? Is it normal? Anyone who also sent application last month have got any message? Thanks for telling~~
Yah, it is perfectly normal nowadays, be more patient, you will hear back from them soon.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
GrTak said:
Could anybody tell me how I can order my GCMS notes? Thanks a lot in advance!
please follow the link at my signature.

GrTak

Jan 23, 2013
Thanks a lot Kaziahmmed! I followed the link. Under Client ID, do I need to put the UCI that they sent to me. Also, it says there is a dash between the 8 digits. What's that supposed to mean? How long does it take for them to send the notes? Thanks again for your help!

kaziahmmed said:
please follow the link at my signature.

GrTak

Jan 23, 2013
Why's Ottawa quiet these days? Haven't June and July (2012) applicants heard back from Ottawa after sending their POF? All this wait is suffocating me to be honest! :(

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
I received my GCMS notes today, they haven't touched my file since it was sent to Ottawa. They gave me 68 points in the first assessment but they haven't counted any of my adaptability points (I have family in Canada and my wife has a master's degree). So my question is: In the first step do they just calculate the points until you have the minimum and then send it to Ottawa who does a detailed examination?

Should I e-mail them asking to grant me points for my family in Canada and my wife's masters (all the documentation was sent)?

Does any one know why they haven't requested documents in a very long time (as it can be seen in the spread sheet)

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
dapin84 said:
I received my GCMS notes today, they haven't touched my file since it was sent to Ottawa. They gave me 68 points in the first assessment but they haven't counted any of my adaptability points (I have family in Canada and my wife has a master's degree). So my question is: In the first step do they just calculate the points until you have the minimum and then send it to Ottawa who does a detailed examination?

Should I e-mail them asking to grant me points for my family in Canada and my wife's masters (all the documentation was sent)?

Does any one know why they haven't requested documents in a very long time (as it can be seen in the spread sheet)
When did you apply for GCMS notes?

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am freshly rejected applicant from CEC (Canadian Experience Class), I will be eligible in PhD Stream in May 2014 and I look forward to get help and support from all you experienced people.

Thanks,
Pari

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
dapin84 said:

Sydney guys didn't give me any adaptability points also, Ottowa will award us those points on the final assessment hopefully.
Would you please share your timeline with us?

Judy_imm

Feb 12, 2013
I have a question regarding experience ...

If you have two years of 35 hours per week ... does it count as one year of full time?
How should my supervisor write these ours in my reference letter so they don't get confused?

Appreciate it!