Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MASOUD2011 said:
Now I am totally confused!

I asked the person if he was sure that I will need visa to re-enter Canada and he answered: "Sir, this has been my job for the last 12 years!"

I have only 10 days and need to make a decision. But I don't know what should I do!!!
I believe you do need a visa. What happens most of the time is that the officers are nice and let people in because they see the valid study permit.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
MASOUD2011 said:
Now I am totally confused!

I asked the person if he was sure that I will need visa to re-enter Canada and he answered: "Sir, this has been my job for the last 12 years!"

I have only 10 days and need to make a decision. But I don't know what should I do!!!
If I were you, I would print out the document which says you can enter from USA with your study permit and go to Hawaii. This is a law and the officer can not ignore it, there is nothing there exclude Alaska or Hawaii from this, so go there and have fun man :)

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
MSE said:
Hi Dani1982:

Congratulations to you. What is your ecas status now?

And what was your status before Sept 17?
I have two ecas status now, One for my current application which is "in process" and another one for my previous application , "decision made". it used to be only "decision made".

palomita

Sep 25, 2012
Re: Proof of funds if we're in Canada and other questions

anjuku said:
Hi..u actually need to show funds for all three of you...i was in a similar situation with both myself and my husband and our son who was born in canada....by proof of funds they mean for a family of three...i'm assuming your child is a minor too and cannot support himself/herself...so this was what an immigration officer who came to our university told us...
Hi Anjuku, thanks for your reply. So you submitted proof of funds for the three of you? These funds dosen't need to be in canada, right?

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
Hello asbereth, tahhiir, kaziahmmed, moonbow2010 and others tried to apply ohip
Which service Ontario office did you come to?
My husband and I applied FSW under Phd stream on Feb. 15, and get emailed PER on Mar. 20. Today, we went to 2 service Ontario offices and talked with 4 officers. None of them would give us the eligibility assessment form.

They said we were not providing the right document. They don't accept printed PER email. They want original mailed document from CIC. I let them reject us and give us the eligibility form. They refused to do that. They said we were not rejected. Because we did not provide correct document, they cannot register us, so they cannot reject us either. They suggested us to go home and wait until our PR application is approved.

Without the eligibility assessment form, I cannot appeal. My husband is a phd at McMaster University in Hamilton. We tried the office at Dundurn street and the office at downtown Hamilton. asbereth, tahhiir, kaziahmmed and moonbow2010, which office did you visit? And do you remember which officer processed you applications of ohip? My husband and I want to try the office where you went to.

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
My time line
Feb. 12 mailed out
Feb. 15 received
Mar. 2 cashed out
Mar. 8 on line status: in processing
Mar 20 emailed PER
China
Submitted to buffalo
Experiences: TA and RA only
Number of family members including the prime application: 2

phdapplicant

Star Member
Nov 21, 2011
pass2012 said:
Hello asbereth, tahhiir, kaziahmmed, moonbow2010 and others tried to apply ohip
Which service Ontario office did you come to?
My husband and I applied FSW under Phd stream on Feb. 15, and get emailed PER on Mar. 20. Today, we went to 2 service Ontario offices and talked with 4 officers. None of them would give us the eligibility assessment form.

They said we were not providing the right document. They don't accept printed PER email. They want original mailed document from CIC. I let them reject me and give me the eligibility form. They refused to do that. They said we were not rejected. Because we did not provide correct document, they cannot register us, so they cannot reject us either. They suggested us to go home and wait until our PR application is approved.

Without the eligibility assessment form, I cannot appeal. My husband is a phd at McMaster University in Hamilton. We tried the office at Dundurn street and the office at downtown Hamilton. asbereth, tahhiir, kaziahmmed and moonbow2010, which office did you visit? And do you remember which officer processed you applications of ohip? My husband and I want to try the office where you went to.
I went to Service Ontario in downtown Toronto (777 Bay). A lady at counter #5 refused my application and gave me the eligibility assessment form. Before refusing, she was kind enough to call the head office to double check that a PER email is insufficient for OHIP.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
I have two ecas status now, One for my current application which is "in process" and another one for my previous application , "decision made". it used to be only "decision made".
What is your previous application? FSW based on Sep 1 2006,Feb 27 2008,Jun 26 2010, or July 1 2011?

Thanks.

Could you please let me know how did you mention your previous application when you submitted your new application?

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
phdapplicant said:
I went to Service Ontario in downtown Toronto (777 Bay). A lady at counter #5 refused my application and gave me the eligibility assessment form. Before refusing, she was kind enough to call the head office to double check that a PER email is insufficient for OHIP.
Many thanks for replying so fast! :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
I believe you do need a visa. What happens most of the time is that the officers are nice and let people in because they see the valid study permit.
I have specifically asked to CIC regarding this once when my visa was expired and I needed to go to US and they confirmed me once I have valid study permit I don't need visa to enter Canada. So I don't think this is the immigration people generosity rather their regulation.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
pass2012 said:
Many thanks for replying so fast! :)
Hi there--
Actually, I was completely assisted by our International student advisor, she called our local OHIP Eligibility Review Committee Office to confirm with what sort of documents I need to submit to them. Once she confirmed, then I went to that office with a written letter that Service ontario office didn't accept my PER letter and they asked for hard copy. I also refered the OHIP eligibility criteria which explained why I should get OHIP, printed a copy (which you should get in online). So essentially I submitted a written explanation, printed copy of my PER letter and OHIP eligibility criteria. I have submitted all these to OHIP Eligibility Review Committee office. If you don't have that office in our area I think you can send to Toronto OHIP review committee office too. Thats all I could do for you...:).
Thanks
Kazi

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
kaziahmmed said:
I have specifically asked to CIC regarding this once when my visa was expired and I needed to go to US and they confirmed me once I have valid study permit I don't need visa to enter Canada. So I don't think this is the immigration people generosity rather their regulation.
Well, good for you. However, my study permit states: THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY. So, I would not risk myself.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
TyrusX said:
Well, good for you. However, my study permit states: THIS DOES NOT AUTHORIZE RE-ENTRY. So, I would not risk myself.

Donot make things hard. I (personally) went to USA for conference (Tampa, FL-2011) and returned to Canada (Toronto air port without visa. Study permit allows to return form USA only. I just show the office my original study permit that al what you need (and your valid passport). before travel I got my USA visa. The process in air port is needs alot of time (3 hrs minimum at toronto air port before you departure be prepared) USA costum asks for reason for travet address and name of person who invite you or conference chairman and hotel name and telphone number.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
OHIP needs second letter of confimring final assessment not the "PER" letter. I called service Canada and the officer told me to wait until final assessement, the letter before the medical. Last April when I get the letter from Buffalo (just before closing), I called service Canada agin and she told me you are eiligible for OHIP. PER is just first scan and eligibility assessment and they are right.

kaziahmmed said:
Hi there--
Actually, I was completely assisted by our International student advisor, she called our local OHIP Eligibility Review Committee Office to confirm with what sort of documents I need to submit to them. Once she confirmed, then I went to that office with a written letter that Service ontario office didn't accept my PER letter and they asked for hard copy. I also refered the OHIP eligibility criteria which explained why I should get OHIP, printed a copy (which you should get in online). So essentially I submitted a written explanation, printed copy of my PER letter and OHIP eligibility criteria. I have submitted all these to OHIP Eligibility Review Committee office. If you don't have that office in our area I think you can send to Toronto OHIP review committee office too. Thats all I could do for you...:).
Thanks
Kazi

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
salem10 said:
OHIP needs second letter of confimring final assessment not the "PER" letter. I called service Canada and the officer told me to wait until final assessement, the letter before the medical. Last April when I get the letter from Buffalo (just before closing), I called service Canada agin and she told me you are eiligible for OHIP. PER is just first scan and eligibility assessment and they are right.
You meant Service Ontario office? I believe Service Canada doesn't provide oHIP. And with PER some ppl already getting OHIP after they appealed to review committee office