CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
maytheflower said:
What is your previous application? FSW based on Sep 1 2006,Feb 27 2008,Jun 26 2010, or July 1 2011?

Thanks.

Could you please let me know how did you mention your previous application when you submitted your new application?
I had applied under PhD stream(November 2011) and my application was rejected due to lack of points. you have to mention your previous application in schedule A form (background) and explain why you got rejected before

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pass2012 said:
Hello asbereth, tahhiir, kaziahmmed, moonbow2010 and others tried to apply ohip
Which service Ontario office did you come to?
My husband and I applied FSW under Phd stream on Feb. 15, and get emailed PER on Mar. 20. Today, we went to 2 service Ontario offices and talked with 4 officers. None of them would give us the eligibility assessment form.
Hi pass2012, it's weird that they wouldn't give you the eligibility assessment form. I'm wondering if this was a new development, and they started refusing to process rather than rejecting applications based on the PER email really recently. All the same, I think mike5182 just very recently did the same if I'm not mistaken, and he got the eligibility assessment form which he had sent for appealing, and I think he did this only a week ago. Maybe you indeed should try different offices from different cities. We need not be eligible for permanent residence, but rather, eligibility to APPLY is enough, which the PER email confers (unless they have changed their regulations). I did it on the Waterloo office, and so did mike5182. Hamilton offices may just need educating about the issue.

salem10 said:
OHIP needs second letter of confimring final assessment not the "PER" letter. I called service Canada and the officer told me to wait until final assessement, the letter before the medical. Last April when I get the letter from Buffalo (just before closing), I called service Canada agin and she told me you are eiligible for OHIP. PER is just first scan and eligibility assessment and they are right.
PER is indeed just the first scan, but starting MI-2, the CIO issued positive/negative FINAL determination of eligibility as well, which was what Approval-in-Principle really means (unless one is trying to play pedantic with the definition):

Approval in Principle (AIP): Positive determination of eligibility in a permanent residence application processed in Canada.
The PER email states

Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing ...
I suppose one can probably make the case that the PER email has just granted positive eligibility for further processing (hence, not yet processed), whereas approval-in-principle requires the application to have been processed already. Though another way to look at it would be to refer to our eCas status which says 'In Process', implying that the application is currently being processed.

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Hi there--
Actually, I was completely assisted by our International student advisor, she called our local OHIP Eligibility Review Committee Office to confirm with what sort of documents I need to submit to them. Once she confirmed, then I went to that office with a written letter that Service ontario office didn't accept my PER letter and they asked for hard copy. I also refered the OHIP eligibility criteria which explained why I should get OHIP, printed a copy (which you should get in online). So essentially I submitted a written explanation, printed copy of my PER letter and OHIP eligibility criteria. I have submitted all these to OHIP Eligibility Review Committee office. If you don't have that office in our area I think you can send to Toronto OHIP review committee office too. Thats all I could do for you...:).
Thanks
Kazi
Thank you very much for the explanation!
I didn’t find the address of Toronto OHIP review committee office, instead I found one in Kingston. That is too far. Could you please let me know the address of Toronto OHIP review committee office? If it is possible, I would like to submit my request of review of my OHIP eligibility in person instead of mail.
Thanks again!

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi pass2012, it's weird that they wouldn't give you the eligibility assessment form. I'm wondering if this was a new development, and they started refusing to process rather than rejecting applications based on the PER email really recently. All the same, I think mike5182 just very recently did the same if I'm not mistaken, and he got the eligibility assessment form which he had sent for appealing, and I think he did this only a week ago. Maybe you indeed should try different offices from different cities. We need not be eligible for permanent residence, but rather, eligibility to APPLY is enough, which the PER email confers (unless they have changed their regulations). I did it on the Waterloo office, and so did mike5182. Hamilton offices may just need educating about the issue.

PER is indeed just the first scan, but starting MI-2, the CIO issued positive/negative FINAL determination of eligibility as well, which was what Approval-in-Principle really means (unless one is trying to play pedantic with the definition):

The PER email states

I suppose one can probably make the case that the PER email has just granted positive eligibility for further processing (hence, not yet processed), whereas approval-in-principle requires the application to have been processed already. Though another way to look at it would be to refer to our eCas status which says 'In Process', implying that the application is currently being processed.
Hi asbereth,
Thanks for your reply! May I know which service Ontario waterloo office you and mike5182 went? Is the one at Unit 16, 105 Lexington Road?

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
To all who were involved in the discussion about re-entry to Canada from Us:

I just to talked someone in immigration office at Pearson airport. She double-checked with her manager and confirmed that Alaska and Hawaii are included in the regulation of re-entering Canada without valid visa.
She said it used to be just the main land of US but it's been changed to include Alaska and Hawaii as well.

So, I am going!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MASOUD2011 said:

I just to talked someone in immigration office at Pearson airport. She double-checked with her manager and confirmed that Alaska and Hawaii are included in the regulation of re-entering Canada without valid visa.
She said it used to be just the main land of US but it's been changed to include Alaska and Hawaii as well.

So, I am going!
Have fun, it is very beautiful there!

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
pass2012 said:
Hi asbereth,
Thanks for your reply! May I know which service Ontario waterloo office you and mike5182 went? Is the one at Unit 16, 105 Lexington Road?
Hi pass2012, I'm not sure which one mike5182 went to, but I did go to the one at Lexington Road, and they refused to process it (saying that they could only take a PR card as a proof of PR status, and didn't want anything to do with letters or emails), referring me to the one at Weber St. Now that you mention it, maybe Hamilton offices were more like the Lexington office, and you indeed should go somewhere else for processing based on eligibility to apply for PR.

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
MASOUD2011 said:

So, I am going!
Good news. Thanks for sharing but be careful about route selection. Please do not take Los Angeles route or any other US route, I have been informed there is a problem for non visa holder. At past what happened, someone was not allowed to boad on flight without visa, this is not a metter of government policy rather aroplane company liability. Internation center of my university has come to know this story couple of times. Thouh they have also informed me that someone should be good without valid canadian visa to visit US and re-enter Canada without any problem.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dani1982 said:
I had applied under PhD stream(November 2011) and my application was rejected due to lack of points. you have to mention your previous application in schedule A form (background) and explain why you got rejected before
Thanks for reply.

pass2012

Sep 27, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi pass2012, I'm not sure which one mike5182 went to, but I did go to the one at Lexington Road, and they refused to process it (saying that they could only take a PR card as a proof of PR status, and didn't want anything to do with letters or emails), referring me to the one at Weber St. Now that you mention it, maybe Hamilton offices were more like the Lexington office, and you indeed should go somewhere else for processing based on eligibility to apply for PR.
Many thanks for your suggestions! I will try more offices.

aboshosha84

May 1, 2012
Hello All,
It is nice checking what is going on to our stream through out this amazing forum. Anyways, For PhDs in Ontario, I have asked our local MPP since two weeks, and received a call back today about the OSAP, and have known that we will be eligible once we got the decision notice from CIC, which is after receiving the medical. We have to wait until got that decision. Any body tried to apply for the Child-Care Subsidy in Ontario? Any suggestion? Any body knows if we can get more benefits, other than Ohip and the tuition-reduction , while we r in our stage now, just PER letters.
Have my regards and keep going :)

MSE

May 28, 2012
Dani1982 said:
I have two ecas status now, One for my current application which is "in process" and another one for my previous application , "decision made". it used to be only "decision made".
Dani1982:

I feel sorry for the troubles you went through. Filing a single application is too much work, applying for second time could be a mental torture....

I was not specific in my previous question. Could you please tell me if an applicant can know application status (via ecas) before getting PER?

Like, I sent applications more than a month ago, but don't see anything in ecas.

Or, is there any other way to know if CIO started to work on my case?

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
MSE said:
Dani1982:

I feel sorry for the troubles you went through. Filing a single application is too much work, applying for second time could be a mental torture....

I was not specific in my previous question. Could you please tell me if an applicant can know application status (via ecas) before getting PER?

Like, I sent applications more than a month ago, but don't see anything in ecas.

Or, is there any other way to know if CIO started to work on my case?
Probably your ecas status is initiated after your PER. The only way that you can know if they start working on your application, before issuing your PER, is to check if your credit card is charged or your money order is cashed.

smiling_face

Champion Member
Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2012
LANDED..........
Landed
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face :)

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
salam20 and ojohn22,

Any news on the encashing of your CC/BD?