+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any nigerian or ghanaian student applying for study permit for fall 2017?

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
Hi,I am from Nigeria and I av submitted my application about 4 weeks ago ,VO sent a message asking for my CV,police character report certificate and receipt for payment of my delivery in Canada .
Anybody know why they are asking for this.
I delivered in Canada and paid all my medical bill and what do I include in my cv since I am applying for a college diploma with my secondary school certificate and I have never worked before .
Pls assist with response

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Congrats Nessa (if I'm correct).
Can you help us with a few points of what to do (esp. with financial proof) in order to get our study visa applications accurate. Thanks.
You need to have your full tuition plus $10,000 for living expenses. Its always good to have a little more than that since you have to buy tickets and all. If the money was a huge amount transfered to your account from someone else, you need to explain in your letter of explanation where the money came from. In your sop explain unique features about the program you are going to study comparing it to the same program in your home country.

Reactions: Wages

nessacanada

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Hi,I am from Nigeria and I av submitted my application about 4 weeks ago ,VO sent a message asking for my CV,police character report certificate and receipt for payment of my delivery in Canada .
Anybody know why they are asking for this.
I delivered in Canada and paid all my medical bill and what do I include in my cv since I am applying for a college diploma with my secondary school certificate and I have never worked before .
Pls assist with response
I am not sure if i can answer all your questions but from what I have read, they usually ask for a CV if you have been out of school for a long time I believe. With the police cert, we all had to submit it so i think its general. About the delivery thing, I can't tell....maybe the hospital could help you out with the bill? Since they have to keep patients records for a long time. What ever you were doing after school, put it in your CV even if it was being a home maker taking care of your kids. Maybe in your letter of explanation you can explain why you have never worked if you graduated a long time ago. All the best.

kceecool

Apr 26, 2017
Nigeria
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Good day, my name is kelechi, from Nigeria
I applied via paper yesterday with the guide of an agent, he insisted on no SOP, but there was a questionnaire we filled instead which had most question that's usually answered on SOP, my passport was also collected at the point of submission, I hope everything works out well for me. My admission is for Fall.

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
I applied via paper yesterday with the guide of an agent, he insisted on no SOP, but there was a questionnaire we filled instead which had most question that's usually answered on SOP, my passport was also collected at the point of submission, I hope everything works out well for me. My admission is for Fall.
Well if it covers the Sop then cuul.
All the best !

alantobie

Feb 22, 2017
Hi Kelechi...I'm going to submit my paper application on Tuesday next week. Please can you guide me with the process so I won't get confused when I'm there. Your reply would be helpful. Thank you

seandragz

Feb 2, 2017
You need to have your full tuition plus $10,000 for living expenses. Its always good to have a little more than that since you have to buy tickets and all. If the money was a huge amount transfered to your account from someone else, you need to explain in your letter of explanation where the money came from. In your sop explain unique features about the program you are going to study comparing it to the same program in your home country.
Thanks alot. Really appreciate your response. All the best.

worshipper

Nov 1, 2016
Go to google and type requiremebnts for student permit cic

2 passport photos
Your educational certs (photocopies)
Statement of purpose
Financial statement (sponsor)
Copies of admission letter
Receipt of tuition deposit
Any Assets
Letters from work or company registeration

But most times your circumstance determines documents to add
Your circumstances determines everything .
I submitted online with just a sponsorship letter ,copies of stamped passport pages,application form,passport data page.
They then requested for my cv, police character,school report and evidence of Hospital bill.

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Your circumstances determines everything .
I submitted online with just a sponsorship letter ,copies of stamped passport pages,application form,passport data page.
They then requested for my cv, police character,school report and evidence of Hospital bill.
I think It's a positive sign, just send them those and you will be good to go. Try to make you cv impressive though.

Losangeles101

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Hey fellas, Ghana has been updated to 13 weeks now same as Nigeria. Last week it was 20 weeks and a week before 21....
Study permit
Ghana

13 week(s) ?

Does not include transit time between the VAC and IRCC office.