+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amman - Spousal Since January 2012 or Late 2010

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elllham said:
It's not about obtaining information. They didn't even touch the application in the first year. If you wanna obtain information, you have to try first. My husband is from Iran and the processing times for Iran is 10 months (it's in the Middle East as well). What are processing times based on? That's the issue.Anyways there's a lot of discrimination going on in the world and it's not so easy to stop it.
i agree with you its discrimination based on where you are from... according to my spouse residence his app should have been sent to vienna, but coz he is iraqi it was forwarded to Romania...

boubou

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elllham said:
What can you tell them. In the Romanian page somebody got ppr and they had applied in April 2016. It's the same office as our applications. We applied in 2015 or 2014.Why are they prior to us??? What is their explanation about it? There's no excuse for this. If they are busy, why is it only us who should pay?
lets get together either to meet the minister or write a letter.MP cant do much. Many people are getting their PPR after 3 months of process. How much straightforward do they need?

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
boubou said:
lets get together either to meet the minister or write a letter. Our MP is in the list when i went to see him he didnt have any clue about the spousal sponsorship... many people asked for his help, but nothing has been done. Many people are getting their PPR after 3 months of process. How much straightforward do they need?
Our application is very straightforward.nothing complicated about it. But only if they bother to look at it. We did the new medical and new police clearance. They received the results more than 2 months ago and they haven't looked at it yet. It's not that they are busy coz they are giving visas to others every day.

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
I completely agree that it's discrimination, why are applications from the US and other "western" countries processed within 3-6 months? However, I don't think that talking to your MP would solve anything since you applied 14 months ago, and the processing time for your country is 23 months.

Masriixo

Jul 5, 2015
App. Filed.......
April 15th, 2015
LANDED..........
June 20th, 2017
elllham said:
It must have been a mistake. They send applications to offices based on the address of your current residence. It's on the cic website. My husband is from Iran but because he lives in Iraq now they sent his application to Amman. I'm sure about this rule.
It is sent to the visa office based on citizenship and then residence. If you are from Jordan, Syria, or Iraq you get sent to the amman visa office. My husband is an Iraqi citizen but he was in Turkey when we sent the application. The only way we could have sent it to Turkey is if we requested it to be transferred there and provide proof of residence card or proof of living in the country for over 3 years.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Masriixo said:
It is sent to the visa office based on citizenship and then residence. If you are from Jordan, Syria, or Iraq you get sent to the amman visa office. My husband is an Iraqi citizen but he was in Turkey when we sent the application. The only way we could have sent it to Turkey is if we requested it to be transferred there and provide proof of residence card or proof of living in the country for over 3 years.
My husband is from Iran and the VO for Iran is Ankara. Because he is in Iraq for work they sent his application to Amman. They said it's based on residency not citizenship.The processing time for Iran is 10 months.

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
elllham said:
My husband is from Iran and the VO for Iran is Ankara. Because he is in Iraq for work they sent his application to Amman. They said it's based on residency not citizenship.The processing time for Iran is 10 months.
This is from the cic website :

For many services, instead of asking about your nearest visa office, you are now asked for your country of residence. This provides you with a more accurate processing time. For other services, you may see a single processing time, no matter where you live. This is our commitment to process applications within that time. These processing times are updated on a weekly basis.

It says "county of residence"

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Masriixo said:
Cic website says:
In many cases, a file is waiting in a queue for initial review. Applications are processed in the order in which they arrive. Some take longer to process than others. There is no maximum time frame for reviewing an application.
It's a joke. The applications that arrived in Romania long after ours have been processed and ours is only sitting there untouched.

Romania85

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th, 2016
AOR Received.
July 22nd, 2016
File Transfer...
August 18th, 2016
Med's Request
June 15th, 2016
Passport Req..
November 9th, 2016
elllham said:
Oh wow, that's such a long time, I thought you were from Amman. What did the Romanian office tell you?

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Romania85 said:
Oh wow, that's such a long time, I thought you were from Amman. What did the Romanian office tell you?
They said my husband 's application is in the queue waiting to be processed but I don't know when they will start the processing!

elllham

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Mini2016 said:
Why is the immigration site down since last night???? Are they making changes to the processing times again????
Everybody is saying it's because of the American election

Mini2016

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my timeline information about my husbands sponsorship.
I applied for him on August 31, 2015 and my case was sent to Romania in November 2015. Since then, I have not heard anything from the immigration as far as renewing my hisband's medical or police record information. I am completing 15 months end of this months. Should I be concerned???? I know people who applied after me and they got the request from the immigration for medical and police check to be renewed? Please advise??? And lastly, when they ask you for the police record or medical information to be renewed, does it mean that they will finalize your case soon??? Thank so much.

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
Mini2016 said:
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share my timeline information about my husbands sponsorship.
I applied for him on August 31, 2015 and my case was sent to Romania in November 2015. Since then, I have not heard anything from the immigration as far as renewing my hisband's medical or police record information. I am completing 15 months end of this months. Should I be concerned???? I know people who applied after me and they got the request from the immigration for medical and police check to be renewed? Please advise??? And lastly, when they ask you for the police record or medical information to be renewed, does it mean that they will finalize your case soon??? Thank so much.
Have you contacted your MP? Or order you notes and see what's happening, they did a document request at the end of august for a couple of people, but haven't heard anything since beginning of September.