+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AINP under Alberta work experience category criteria

mack_ra

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Ghagen said:
Hello Neo,

Yes I got nomination letter this morning by post. It has 6 months validity. Hopefully gonna apply next month to CIO. Actually I had already submit my application in CIO through CEC category. I'm just waiting my AOR. Thanks
Hi Ghagen,

will you have to pay again when you apply for your PNP to CIC or you can utilize your CEC application. I am sorry if my question might sound a little silly but just wanted to know whether it is possible :)

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whitepawn said:
magi said:
Hi guys......

YOURS TOOK 2 DAYS (ie., sep 16 til sep 18)?JUST WANT TO CONFIRM IT WITH YOU SINCE YOU SAID I WOULD TAKE 1 MONTH OR SO...
Hi ...
For nomination its will take a week ...i applied for nomination :eek:n sep16th

got file num :eek:n sep 18th

Received nomination : on sep 26th

After nomination if u sent ur application to CIC it will take 1 and half month to get the file num.

I have sent my application to CIC on 30thsep and now im waiting for AOR .....

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mack_ra said:
Hi Ghagen,

will you have to pay again when you apply for your PNP to CIC or you can utilize your CEC application. I am sorry if my question might sound a little silly but just wanted to know whether it is possible :)
Hi mack_ra
once you got ur file num under CEC you can do nothing ....you need to pay again if you are applying under PNP .

harry89

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
hi guys,
i am in bit confusion which one i should apply AINP Employer driven or Alberta experience class

The thing is i have sent my employer driven application and i got my file no but the thing is I am also eligible for alberta experience category so what should i do whether i should withdraw my employer driven application and apply for Alberta experience class or should i remain with same
I think so i cant remain for long with same employer,I want to change and if i apply for alberta experience i can work any where i want.so please suggest me

Thanks
harvindar

Yogesh85

Oct 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-08-2013
AOR Received.
25-10-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
26-02-2014
Med's Request
25-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
23-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2014
LANDED..........
In CAnada
Hi, To everyone

I got my AOR (Oct 25) and medical request in a month after they got the application on Sep 26, 2013 at CIO under AINP SRS- Engineering Occupations.

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
I am preparing my application for this alberta work experience category. I have worked for 2 years in alberta already.

I have a quick question -- under strategic recruitment stream/alberta work experience, do you HAVE to stay with same employer?

I read that this AINP do NOT give you work permit, you need to secure work permit through either BOWP, international experience (holiday work visa), LMO/closed WP, and so on.

Is this true?

I plan to go for holiday work visa since by the time I get this approved and submit the PNP and get my AOR, i'll be months out of work (current closed WP expire end Jan 2014).

Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks!

wchlin81

Aug 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
05-03-2013
Hi, I am not sure how many people even check this post but, I just called the Alberta immigration line.

I asked whether the Strategic Recruitment Stream/Alberta Work Experience category is employer specific. They said no.

I asked how work permit occurs, the agent said as soon as I get the nominee certificate issued I can apply for the extension work visa, which I think is the bridging open work permit.

The agent said that there's a chance I could get closed WP, but I can attach a letter requesting for an open one, and then let the officer decide what they are going to do.

I also asked about the nominee application since I only worked for 3 months in 2011, but I dont have my T4 or NOA slips anymore. The agent said I could attach an explanation letter and leave it at the mercy of the processing agent OR I can contact CRA to get back up copies. Either way tho the agent advised I do it soon but have the application "be as complete as possible".

Hope this helps whoever is still following this thread.

magi

Star Member
May 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wchlin81 said:
I am preparing my application for this alberta work experience category. I have worked for 2 years in alberta already.

I have a quick question -- under strategic recruitment stream/alberta work experience, do you HAVE to stay with same employer?

I read that this AINP do NOT give you work permit, you need to secure work permit through either BOWP, international experience (holiday work visa), LMO/closed WP, and so on.

Is this true?

I plan to go for holiday work visa since by the time I get this approved and submit the PNP and get my AOR, i'll be months out of work (current closed WP expire end Jan 2014).

Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hi ...
I think you got ur answers by now..:)

Yes AINP wont give you any workpermit. You need to get it by applying to BOWP.

I dont knw when ur planning for holidays but once your nominated its takes 2 and half months to knw ur PR status...Now its almost November so ull be knowing ur status in the month of jan if u apply now.So i feel its better to apply for BOWP and dont take any chances of risk ....All the best

Magi

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wchlin81 said:
Hi, I am not sure how many people even check this post but, I just called the Alberta immigration line.

I asked whether the Strategic Recruitment Stream/Alberta Work Experience category is employer specific. They said no.

AINP-AWE in the website says you need to be working full time at the time of application

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-awe-criteria.aspx

At the time of application, you must be working full-time in Alberta and have a valid work permit with temporary resident status from Citizenship and Immigration Canada to work in Alberta in an eligible occupation.

I asked how work permit occurs, the agent said as soon as I get the nominee certificate issued I can apply for the extension work visa, which I think is the bridging open work permit.

after you have been nominated, you will not need an LMO to extend your current work permit, you can use your certificate of nomination instead.

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/helpcentre/faq.aspx?m=f&cid=2&qid=236

You can apply a bridging work permit if you have received an AOR after you have applied for permanent residency
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2012-12-17.asp

To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, the applicants must:

Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that their permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four Economic Classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

The agent said that there's a chance I could get closed WP, but I can attach a letter requesting for an open one, and then let the officer decide what they are going to do.

I also asked about the nominee application since I only worked for 3 months in 2011, but I dont have my T4 or NOA slips anymore. The agent said I could attach an explanation letter and leave it at the mercy of the processing agent OR I can contact CRA to get back up copies. Either way tho the agent advised I do it soon but have the application "be as complete as possible".

Hope this helps whoever is still following this thread.
I hope this helps....

harry89

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
harry89 said:
hi guys,
i am in bit confusion which one i should apply AINP Employer driven or Alberta experience class

The thing is i have sent my employer driven application and i got my file no but the thing is I am also eligible for alberta experience category so what should i do whether i should withdraw my employer driven application and apply for Alberta experience class or should i remain with same
I think so i cant remain for long with same employer,I want to change and if i apply for alberta experience i can work any where i want.so please suggest me

Thanks
harvindar

neochan

Star Member
Feb 22, 2009
California
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry89 said:
hi guys,

Thanks
harvindar
^

Hi, apply to both... no harm in trying...

goodluck,

Neo

Riley18

Star Member
Dec 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

I would like to ask about filling up the AINP007 Form. In Section E. Background in Canada, there's a question: "List any visits you have made to Canada,... where you had entered and then departed." I am staying in Edmonton AB and I have not visited any place in Canada other than in BC airport where I arrived and departed when I went back to my home country for a vacation. Do I need to put BC in the list? What reason would I say? Also, I am staying in AB, do I have to include it as a place I visited?

Please help, I am so confused about the question. Could anyone please give me a sample of how they filled up that particular question in the form? Thank you in advance.

harry89

Star Member
Oct 28, 2012
guys i have a question as when we recieve a Nomination its written over their that we have to send our CIC file to sydney Novascotia and In generic appLICATION FORM What we have to write in Question 4 as question is IMMIGRATION OFFICE REQUESTED FOR PROCESSING THE APPLICATION
SO please help me out with this what to write (CPP-O )Ottawa or something else

As i made my whole file ready and m waiting for this question

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
harry89 said:
guys i have a question as when we recieve a Nomination its written over their that we have to send our CIC file to sydney Novascotia and In generic appLICATION FORM What we have to write in Question 4 as question is IMMIGRATION OFFICE REQUESTED FOR PROCESSING THE APPLICATION
SO please help me out with this what to write (CPP-O )Ottawa or something else

As i made my whole file ready and m waiting for this question
If you're inside Canada right now, then its better to put CPP-O.
Good luck