+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 Year Sponsor- money ??? Confused

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Well, he hates me because I dumped him. Why would he care right. He is very upset about the breakup and he do all he can to screw me.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Did he tell you he wants to screw you over, or are you just assuming? The forms made every indication they were not to be taken lightly. It sounds like you made a choice, without much thought, to chase after someone seemingly more perfect than him, rather than work things out, give things time, learn to accept each others differences, do counseling, etc. You basically have two choices - you can either try and unscrew what's already screwed up, or you can live with the consequences, and support him as you agreed to. This (sponsorship) is a very big deal.

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
Oh course he wants to screw me over.... I mean his step dad has lots of money. He is rich why would he need money from me or welfare. Ask his dad.

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
LindaB said:
Oh course he wants to screw me over.... I mean his step dad has lots of money. He is rich why would he need money from me or welfare. Ask his dad.
Huh? I think you just contradicted yourself in the same sentence...

LindaB

Nov 17, 2010
WEll, I mean he says this. I swear if you date this new guy I will screw you ...and screw you bad because up until now I was going to ask my father for help . Now that I know you left me for this dude why should my father support my ass. You should, you and your new love.

Oil Sand Guy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
LindaB said:
WEll, I mean he says this. I swear if you date this new guy I will screw you ...and screw you bad because up until now I was going to ask my father for help . Now that I know you left me for this dude why should my father support my ass. You should, you and your new love.
LindaB

In short,
You have been given the advice. You have got the answer for what you have asked for. No need for us to repeat over and over. Your old or new relationship is for you to enjoy or to complain about. done

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Linda, it is one sad example how things can go downhill....but as others stated before, you made a serious decision to sponsor him. At that time you should have tought well how this is going to affect your future in every possible scenario and do not sign the agreement if you had had even a slight doubt. Now you are committed to him and in your place I would rather try to work things out with him, because he has the power to make your life hell for the next few years. I does not mean you have to love him, stay with him, but make sure there is no hate or revenge. You are a 23 year old adult so is you boyfiend, it`s not highschool drama but very serious issue with damaging consequences on your side.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Baloo said:
Was it only you that signed the agreement or did someone else co-sign?
I dont think that you can have a co-signer for spousal sponsorship.

S

serenifly

How old are you Linda?

When I sponsored my ex, and things went sour, I was as nice as I could be because I knew, and he knew, that he could royally screw me if he applied for social assistance, it would come straight out of my pay, and could potentially damage my life and credit.

I'd tread carefully ... And yes to answer your question, Yes he can screw you ... so play nice, and share the sandbox.

You did love him at one point remember

On a positive note: This thread really added some interest to my boring day

S

serenifly

I see that now, I only got through two of her posts and was like 'WOAH I have to respond' haha ... sounds like a loose cannon - no offense - kinda :-\

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LindaB said:
Well- I guess he just will have to go on Welfare and I'll pay the Gov back......
He may not.
But that is what you signed up for.