+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 PR Applications (Timeline Only)

4emad4

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Finally got my card today :) they refused the picture on the 27th because my scanner showed it pretty dimmed had to use my phone to make it clearer. What’s funny my picture on the portal still says under review ,but I just found the card in the mail yay!
This brutal journey is finally over!

Applied: December 17 2021
Portal invite: September 26 2023
Portal 2: September 27
COPR: November 24
PR card: December 13 2023

axesting

May 10, 2023
Hi everyone. I just received the pre-arrival invitation. Is this a good sign? What should i be expecting next from IRCC? and how long approximately until i get the COPR?

Thanks!

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
Hi everyone, I applied for Permanent Residency in Canada in September 2021 and haven't received any updates since. Despite multiple calls to IRCC and a follow-up email from the local office confirming my file is in queue, there's been no progress. I've also reached out to my local MP's office and involved my lawyer in the conversation, but still, no updates. It's been over two years now, and I haven't been asked for medical or biometric information. Is anyone else experiencing a similar delay? What should be my next step? Please help with information.

M.Alii

Feb 19, 2023
Hi everyone. I just received the pre-arrival invitation. Is this a good sign? What should i be expecting next from IRCC? and how long approximately until i get the COPR?

Thanks!

Yes it is.Now your application in final phase.I hope you will soon get some good news in couple of weeks.

Your timeline ?

hpr2683

Dec 4, 2023
Hi everyone, I applied for Permanent Residency in Canada in September 2021 and haven't received any updates since. Despite multiple calls to IRCC and a follow-up email from the local office confirming my file is in queue, there's been no progress. I've also reached out to my local MP's office and involved my lawyer in the conversation, but still, no updates. It's been over two years now, and I haven't been asked for medical or biometric information. Is anyone else experiencing a similar delay? What should be my next step? Please help with information.
Yes. I m sailing in the same boat as you. It’s so excruciating, stressful situation encircled by raising anxiety. I applied for PR on 24 Sep 2021. When I asked for updates, I got same as yours. Their system is worse than third world country I believe. They been stuck on my background check and eligibility since April 2022. It’s taking forever!!!! God knows when I will get my PR
P.S: Even local MP office inquired multiple times, but no progress. All I know is my file is sitting at Hamilton office and waiting to be processed by officer.

Reactions: dotxpert2 and MM24

Sean jones

Dec 7, 2020
Yes. I m sailing in the same boat as you. It’s so excruciating, stressful situation encircled by raising anxiety. I applied for PR on 24 Sep 2021. When I asked for updates, I got same as yours. Their system is worse than third world country I believe. They been stuck on my background check and eligibility since April 2022. It’s taking forever!!!! God knows when I will get my PR
P.S: Even local MP office inquired multiple times, but no progress. All I know is my file is sitting at Hamilton office and waiting to be processed by officer.
It's the same for me - my application is stuck at the Hamilton office. It looks like they're experiencing significant delays there, problems with this particular office. Lets keep each other updated.

Reactions: MM24

axesting

May 10, 2023
Yes it is.Now your application in final phase.I hope you will soon get some good news in couple of weeks.

Your timeline ?
We received your application for permanent residence on December 13, 2021.
We started processing your application on June 22, 2022.
Medical results have been received.
Pre-arrival invitation: January 2, 2024

Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if
we need more information.

Naila Sial

Jan 3, 2024
Hi , is your family finally here?i received the same email last week and looking if your family came by now?
I applied for PR as protected person in November 2021 ..nothing else received before except an email that your application has been received but dnt consider this email as acknowledgment of PR.

And with the grace of Almighty

yesterday I got email again

Date: January 22 ,2022
UCI: 1**************
Application: G0********
Immigration, Refugies
et Citoyenneté Canada
Z***** k****
- 4**cedar cres
PO. Box:
Ajax, ON
Canada
Dear Z****k****
This letter is about your application for permanent residence in Canada under the protected
persons class.
In your application, you listed the following accompanying family members who are residing in
:
S****N*****DOB-1988/08/10
N****DOB-2014/09/09
K***** DOB-2017/08/28
On December 4, 2019, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada started a pilot project to
test a new way to process applications more quickly for accompanying family members.
Through this pilot project, called the Centralized Concurrent Processing Pilot, permanent
resident applications for Protected Persons in Canada, their accompanying family members in
Canada and their dependent family members outside of Canada, in specific participating
regions, will be processed through our Case Processing Centre in Mississauga.
Because your family members are living in one of the selected regions, you are eligible for this
pilot, once we receive the applications for permanent residence for your dependent family
mamhars
Your accompanying dependents will receive a checklist shortly. The forms and
documents outlined in the checklist must be submitted if you have not already done so
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following method
a) For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
b) If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC
webform at: https://secure.cic.ac.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-enq.aspx

Protected person

Star Member
Feb 14, 2022
Case for Assylum passed on Augyst, 2023
Applied for PR in Sept, 2023
AOR Received Dec, 2023
Request for my biometrics, Dec, 2024
received a letter about concurrent pilot processing
From now it will take more than one year..
I got pilot letter december 2022.. and still my family is in pak

Laila mohsin

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
No nothing.. only pre arrival and eleigubilty passed letter.. what ur visa office and r u included in pilot program for dependands ?
I am from Pakistan but my family live is turkey in the starting they sent me a letter that you are in pilot program ( few months back when I saw my ATIP immigration notes I came to know turkey is not in pilot program and they put a note that dependant are living in Istanbul and it’s not included in pilot program but they didn’t inform me).
on 2nd February I received my pre arrival here and on same day my family received their medical and biometric after that there is no news now yesterday I got my ecopr so let see what happen next how much time they take I have a fear they will ask for another medical of my spouse as the old one will expire on 15feb
My visa office was Montreal they are to lazy to do anything after February they didn’t touch my file and didn’t ask for CSQ so on November I moved to onterio and inform IRCC that me and my dependant no longer link with Quebec so if the file is ready please process it and now in January with in 3 week I got everything. The VO is Etobicoke now.

Last edited: