+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 PR Applications (Timeline Only)

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Has anyone still waiting from 2021/2022? My application was sent in Jan 2022 to the Mississauga office, Eligibility requirement passed on August 15th, 2023 and haven't heard anything since then. The processing time is 28 months now. Any idea when I can expect to hear back? It's so frustrating.
28 months is more than the standard processing time, so I would call IRCC and ask them to flag your case and try to get as much information from them on the phone. Keep calling until you get an agent who will sincerely tell you whats happening. I would also apply for your GCMS notes to see whats happening on the back end. Another option is to as your local MP to follow up on your case as a last resort. Try all these avenues. Im a Feb 2022 applicant and I got my ecopr Jan 2024. Good luck!

dotxpert2

Jul 16, 2023
It's the same for me - my application is stuck at the Hamilton office. It looks like they're experiencing significant delays there, problems with this particular office. Lets keep each other updated.
Same my file 2021 April stuck on background no update just no need your side just wait any option suggest.

dotxpert2

Jul 16, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I would appreciate your feedback on my situation, I just completed 23 months since PR application with the following updates
  • we received your application on 12/Nov/2021
  • we started working on your application 8/Jun/2021
  • Eligibility Passed 15/Mar/2023
  • Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services 16/Mar/2023
  • 13/Oct/2023 Called IRCC, all steps are complete except Background check which started on June/2023
I asked my MP to check, and he got back yesterday saying that my application is non-routine and normal processing time doesn't apply. What does that mean?

I searched a little bit on different forums here and I started to freak out, I thought I would share my experience and ask if anyone has faced something similar

36 months stuck PR background check. No option. Any one before April 2021 file tel me. Increase my hope other I lose my home all friends after me pr file get pr card . Just I stuck .

hpr2683

Dec 4, 2023
Hi
Hope you guys accomplished this excruciating journey!!
I applied for my Permanent Residency on 24/Sep/2021. Till now I haven’t passed eligibility yet, neither they have processed my background check. The last update that I got regarding my file was last year 2022, when they cleared my medical and fingerprints. Since then, my file is stuck on eligibility and background check. I have called IRCC numerous time, but no positive explanation/response from them. My lawyer and MP requested AITP last month but still no progress. They said file in que to be reviewed by officer for finalization. Anyone gone through such long processing time?? Any idea how long it will take officer to finalize the decision?

Majidksa2013

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Hi
Hope you guys accomplished this excruciating journey!!
I applied for my Permanent Residency on 24/Sep/2021. Till now I haven’t passed eligibility yet, neither they have processed my background check. The last update that I got regarding my file was last year 2022, when they cleared my medical and fingerprints. Since then, my file is stuck on eligibility and background check. I have called IRCC numerous time, but no positive explanation/response from them. My lawyer and MP requested AITP last month but still no progress. They said file in que to be reviewed by officer for finalization. Anyone gone through such long processing time?? Any idea how long it will take officer to finalize the decision?
Applied June 2021
Since end of 2022 I’m calling they always say the same joke under security check

Here4help

Star Member
Dec 4, 2021
Applied 2021 April
Since December 2023 they said everything completed but still nothing almost 3 years.

it always says only need to finalize by officer.

in Quebec

Last edited:

Malcom_Beats

Oct 21, 2023
36 months stuck PR background check. No option. Any one before April 2021 file tel me. Increase my hope other I lose my home all friends after me pr file get pr card . Just I stuck .
Hi,
Same here, applied Nov/2021 all steps passed but still stuck in security check.

From the account names It seems most people stuck in security check are from a certain region and/or religion, reminds me when I usually get selected for “random” check in airports

Does anyone feel the same way? I hope I’m wrong

PS Has anyone applied for a mandamus and it worked for them?

Malcom_Beats

Oct 21, 2023
I don’t think background checks are related to a certain office being slow. From the comments, 3 people under 3 different offices are stuck in security check, namely

Hamilton, Mississauga, and Qubec

Sophigee

Apr 3, 2023
I am from Pakistan but my family live is turkey in the starting they sent me a letter that you are in pilot program ( few months back when I saw my ATIP immigration notes I came to know turkey is not in pilot program and they put a note that dependant are living in Istanbul and it’s not included in pilot program but they didn’t inform me).
on 2nd February I received my pre arrival here and on same day my family received their medical and biometric after that there is no news now yesterday I got my ecopr so let see what happen next how much time they take I have a fear they will ask for another medical of my spouse as the old one will expire on 15feb
My visa office was Montreal they are to lazy to do anything after February they didn’t touch my file and didn’t ask for CSQ so on November I moved to onterio and inform IRCC that me and my dependant no longer link with Quebec so if the file is ready please process it and now in January with in 3 week I got everything. The VO is Etobicoke now.
Hello,
How did you call IRCC to inform them of your move or you did the changes online?