+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

SergioH

Jul 30, 2020
ODI??
Winnipeg.
No Gcms yet
Medical will expire on April 2020
My file is in Sydney Canada
hey, I´m in the same situation. Since I added my new babyborn, my file is stuck. My medical expired and no news since then. I think covid19 is a factor to keep in mind but there must be some others...I´m freaking out.

Neyoyo

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Additional documents request - ADR:
-Did you answer yes to all the questions before you proceed?
-Did you get an ADR?

If you answered yes but got an ADR, you either made a mistake or should have answered NO. This is already a sign that you are prone to have your application taking longer. ADRs are either sent because your documentation was incomplete, or because you were not careful enough and made a mistake.

Got and ADR? Do what they request as soon as possible. If your application is honest, I don't see any reason why additional documents should take too long. Therefore, send it in less than 30 days or you will raise flags. That will severely delay your application. Even if you are too busy to do it, work overtime, don't sleep, drink more coffee or red bull. Use the web form. Link your application to your myCIC profile (leave the city your were born blank, some required fields with asterisks are not actually required). Then check if they received.

CIC will always send a receipt of additional documentation and if you went ahead and did or got an ADR, there will be a message in your profile page. If you did not get the message, they did not get it, upload it again, better safe than sorry.

Each ADR will delay your application in about 2 months.

Change in personal information or update to sent documents:
-Had a new baby?
-Changed address?
-Change jobs?
-Traveled abroad?
-Married or divorced?
-Got a new phone number?
-Got a new degree?*

That means the documents you sent need to be updated. If you didn't know that, go back a few steps, read about it above, but I will link this again.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=021&top=4

That part that says "tell us of any changes to the personal information on your application, such as changes to your" means that you have to tell them of any change. Any. And that you have to click on the link, Anyway: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=43&top=4
If you live in Canada and went to the US for a black Friday border crossing shopping spree, even for 24 hours, don't you new stamps in your passport? And didn't you have to send pictures of all the pages or list all the countries you visited and lived in, with the date of the stamps? Well, then you have a new stamp and that means a new Schedule A must be uploaded.

Use the web form.

Don't wait for them to ask for additional documents. at the moment you step in your new house, update your driver's license address immediately and tell CIC.

Upload your new docs asap, because if the agent sees the original documents and the updated documents, he/she will not send an ADR and you will save about 2 months!

Now, some cases will really delay your application. We'll talk about it in the mistakes, but if you go to Canada, tell them your spouse is not coming with you, but after you got the PR, you want to sponsor him/her to come from your previous country, after staying 4 years apart, and you can't prove you dated before, that will raise flags. Likewise, if your application is in process, you then add a spouse, maybe because you two weren't married before, the application took too long that you got married in between, well, that will raise flags, but sending proof of marriage is not a problem, after all, who doesn't have a signed document, pictures of the marriage, of, because marriage parties are super expensive, even or pictures of you two together, drinking a coke together, don't hesitate to send it along with a plethora of proof that will not leave a shadow of doubt.
Read these article about marriage and judgment issues:
https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/columnists/ashby-proof-of-love-is-not-as-simple-as-immigration-officials-would-have-it
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5634913-liars-or-in-love-detecting-marriage-fraud-in-canada-called-racist-and-offensive-/
https://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/facing-deportation-after-officials-question-marriage

*If the application takes about 2 years to be processed and your 17 yo son finished high school, I don't believe you have to tell them because they can figure it out, but I don't see a reason not to.

Change in nomination conditions
This one is complex, so I will not talk about it too much. It goes on a case by case basis.

In summary, legally, if the conditions of your nomination change, you lost your nomination. You should contact your province AND CIC (yes, both) immediately. Some factors will apply, such as your economical success, trying to find a new job or getting it in the same NOC or similar as fast as possible if your nomination was based on employment and locked to the employer. It may also weigh in your favor is how long it took to process your application. It is natural to look for new positions, to try to go up in life, or even to be bothered by your boss, creating a difficult relationship, and then you have to quit. This is NORMAL! And they know that, in 2 years, you may have a fight with your boss.

What is not normal is not telling CIC and the province. You have to. If you are really needed by the province, they will continue to support your nomination and issue a new certificate.

Bear in mind that CANADA NEEDS SKILLED AND WELL INTENTIONED IMMIGRANTS. THEY NEED YOU. What they don't need is people tied to immigration fraudulent schemes, fake employment offers, shady stuff. Nobody likes liars.

Do your part and CIC will do theirs. Just try to make their jobs easy.
Hello,

What do you advise in my case?
I am the principal applicant and I am still at the same job as at the time of province nomination and pr application.

However, my spouse has left her job and is now employed with another employer and combining a trade skill at her free time.

Do I need to inform the province and CIC? I would like to know if not necessary to avoid processing delay as the whole pr program is already delayed for every one by Covid-19 restrictions.

Sp33dy

Aug 21, 2020
Just talked to my immigration officer today. My flie was stuck in Winnipeg office. Apparently Winnipeg officials are super backed up. After 32 months they started working on it again as it got transferred to Vancouver.
They asked for additional docs again
1) imm5669e schedule A
2) Employment letter
3) Employment reference letter
4) rcmp fingerprints

Even though all these were submitted before at the time of pr application Resubmitted all the docs waiting on my rcmp fingerprints to come back.

Now fingers crossed. Lets see how this is gonna be.

Echattea

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Just talked to my immigration officer today. My flie was stuck in Winnipeg office. Apparently Winnipeg officials are super backed up. After 32 months they started working on it again as it got transferred to Vancouver.
They asked for additional docs again
1) imm5669e schedule A
2) Employment letter
3) Employment reference letter
4) rcmp fingerprints

Even though all these were submitted before at the time of pr application Resubmitted all the docs waiting on my rcmp fingerprints to come back.

Now fingers crossed. Lets see how this is gonna be.
Good luck!!!!!!

Nehal Gor

Jul 21, 2017
Hi TommySan, Thank you for sharing those infromation to us. I have sent my paper based application to the office almost 3 months, I believed i attatched all the documents. I still don't receive any mail or email from them about the AOR. I am so nervious about my application, because i need the file number to help me get a new working permit, my current post graduated working permit will expire at the end of july. do you know why it takes so long for me to get the aor?
Hi Tommysan
I am Under Saskatchewan nomiNee program and my husband is main applicant we got our SINP in September 2020 and probably we can get our medical in around 12 months but i have one question if meanwhile if we are doing baby planning and if the baby is born in Canada as we both are leaving in Canada and working here so with the update of new born baby in file our running file before medical can cause delayed in processing time? Because we are updating some info by webform so i am confuse what extra time they can get to update this new info or it will be delayed then regular timeline pls help in this confu

Nosykes

Jul 24, 2020
i got my golden email today. After 33 months. Good luck to everyone who is going through this process still. Hang on. It will be fruitful
wow...big congrats to you...we continue to hope for the best...
i think 30 to 33months is not benchmark for all delayed applications

mtalebi69

Sep 17, 2020
Hello Everyone, Congrats to those member who recently received their PR.
I have applied via SINP and submitted my documents to federal on Nov. 2017.
Through my GCMS note, I have realized that IRCC sent me an email asking my passport to issue the visa on Dec. 2019, but I have not received such email.
Now, I am keep asking them by Web from or call to resend that email, but after 1 year still no news.
Anybody has idea what should I do? I should just wait more?
Thanks

gdjdbuwks

May 13, 2020
Is there anyone know that my ECAS status changed from in process to application received mean? AR Sep 2018 AOR Dec 2018. It changed from application received to in process in Aug. And today changed back to application received. Does it mean I need to wait another year?

Nosykes

Jul 24, 2020
Hello Everyone, Congrats to those member who recently received their PR.
I have applied via SINP and submitted my documents to federal on Nov. 2017.
Through my GCMS note, I have realized that IRCC sent me an email asking my passport to issue the visa on Dec. 2019, but I have not received such email.
Now, I am keep asking them by Web from or call to resend that email, but after 1 year still no news.
Anybody has idea what should I do? I should just wait more?
Thanks
did you try to raise a webform to bring to their notice of what you realized?

mtalebi69

Sep 17, 2020
did you try to raise a webform to bring to their notice of what you realized?
Yes, I used the webform 6 or 7 times almost every months. I also called the IRCC many times. but I only got some general answer such as, "we will send your request to office in charge and they will contact you" but no news after that....