+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your PR application is taking too long? READ THIS! Find out why. Make it go faster!

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi Guys

In the additional family information form for my spouse, Is she supposed to fill/write my name in the space for 'applicant' in section A or fill in N/A and go ahead or start from the spouse part?
Do this:

---Same thing for applicant and spouse in two forms.
-Form 1 - Applicant's family info.
-Form 2 - Dependent's family info (it will be clear to them).

You can print a word document cover if you wish, saying "Principal Applicant's family" and "Spouse's family."

I didn't use covers and it was all good. The last names are enough to sort this out, and there are the different signatures.

Mu Mu

Nov 18, 2018
Hi TommySan, Thank you for sharing those infromation to us. I have sent my paper based application to the office almost 3 months, I believed i attatched all the documents. I still don't receive any mail or email from them about the AOR. I am so nervious about my application, because i need the file number to help me get a new working permit, my current post graduated working permit will expire at the end of july. do you know why it takes so long for me to get the aor?

arkimoon

Jul 28, 2017
Hi,

Thanks for your post. It was very helpful. It cleared up a lot of confusion of course. However, I would like to explain my application situation. I would be very grateful if you could share your thoughts on the possible reasons for the delay of my application. I will try to write the exact time-frame of my application steps.

1.I applied for PR under the Quebec selected skilled worker category on June, 2017. The IRCC received my application on June 13, 2017.
2. I received the AOR on September 29, 2017.
3. I got married on December 2017. I informed the IRCC right away about the change in my marital status.
4. I received the medical request on Feb 2018. Went for the medical exam right away within a week.
5. I received ADR from the IRCC about my spouse on May 31, 2018 (5 months after I informed them about my marriage). They also asked for the medical exam of my spouse. We included all the required documents and the medical exam report within 2 weeks (June 14, 2018).
**Here I would like to mention that I didn't want to include my spouse in the application. Because he also applied for his PR in the QSW category before our marriage. We anticipated that it might delay our application if we include each other in our application. So we decided to go solo but informed the IRCC anyway about our marital status change. But when I called the IRCC to clarify, they said we must include our spouse as dependent. So my spouse cancelled his own PR application, and I included him in mine as dependent.
6. I received the 'Invitation to pre-arrival service' letter on Nov 25, 2018.

Since then, we are just waiting. The processing time now is 19 months. For us, it's been 20 months already. I sent them email almost every week to know if there is an update. But their response is not helpful at all. They just give generic answer. At this point, I just want to know how much longer it will take. I hope you understand how frustrating it can be of waiting 20 months without any definite answer. I don't care if it takes another 6 months. But I want to know for sure that it will done within 6 months. This uncertainty is extremely frustrating and sometimes I feel it's not fair at all.

FYI, both me and my spouse are in Canada (me since 2015, my spouse since 2014). We studied here and now working. Our country of origin is Bangladesh. And yes, I am a muslim but my spouse is an atheist.

manojsax

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi,

I have a few questions about what can impact processing time for PR application.
I made a paper application (not EE) under Economic immigration with Sask gov certificate for PR nomination.
I immigrated from US (after visa issues there) where I had spent 2 years. I am presently working in Canada on employer sponsored work permit.

Questions:
1. Is 15 - 19 months timeframe applicable to both inland and outland applications? Or being inland can make it faster?
2. Is the typical processing time a MINIMUM of 15 months? Or, should all paperwork be in place, one can get PR in less than 15 months?
3. Does having US (FBI) clearance help speed up background check part of application? I am asking this because FBI had already done one background check when I moved to US.
4. While document checklist does not ask for education evaluation (WES etc.), should I get this done to preempt any delay, if they may ask for it later?
5. Similar to 4, there is no ask for employment letters from past. Is it possible that they may ask for it later? Typically US companies do not provide experience certificate the way CIC expects it. So I need to be prepared.
6. What have been the reasons for medical red flags in your interactions with other applicants that others should be aware of?
7. if I decide to apply for open work permit, will this affect my application in any way?

Thanks

Ninachh

Dec 6, 2016
Hello, if anyone knows regarding to birth certificates on checklist in ainp pr application, did we had to send birth certificates of our kids? They were born in canada, so they have citizenship and they are not on our application. But they live with us, they are 2years snd 2 months old?
Please help

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi,

Thanks for your post. It was very helpful. It cleared up a lot of confusion of course. However, I would like to explain my application situation. I would be very grateful if you could share your thoughts on the possible reasons for the delay of my application. I will try to write the exact time-frame of my application steps.

1.I applied for PR under the Quebec selected skilled worker category on June, 2017. The IRCC received my application on June 13, 2017.
2. I received the AOR on September 29, 2017.
3. I got married on December 2017. I informed the IRCC right away about the change in my marital status.
4. I received the medical request on Feb 2018. Went for the medical exam right away within a week.
5. I received ADR from the IRCC about my spouse on May 31, 2018 (5 months after I informed them about my marriage). They also asked for the medical exam of my spouse. We included all the required documents and the medical exam report within 2 weeks (June 14, 2018).
**Here I would like to mention that I didn't want to include my spouse in the application. Because he also applied for his PR in the QSW category before our marriage. We anticipated that it might delay our application if we include each other in our application. So we decided to go solo but informed the IRCC anyway about our marital status change. But when I called the IRCC to clarify, they said we must include our spouse as dependent. So my spouse cancelled his own PR application, and I included him in mine as dependent.
6. I received the 'Invitation to pre-arrival service' letter on Nov 25, 2018.

Since then, we are just waiting. The processing time now is 19 months. For us, it's been 20 months already. I sent them email almost every week to know if there is an update. But their response is not helpful at all. They just give generic answer. At this point, I just want to know how much longer it will take. I hope you understand how frustrating it can be of waiting 20 months without any definite answer. I don't care if it takes another 6 months. But I want to know for sure that it will done within 6 months. This uncertainty is extremely frustrating and sometimes I feel it's not fair at all.

FYI, both me and my spouse are in Canada (me since 2015, my spouse since 2014). We studied here and now working. Our country of origin is Bangladesh. And yes, I am a muslim but my spouse is an atheist.
I believe you did everything right, by the book, so you won't have any trouble.

I would like to say that your application could work as one from December 2017 + 1 month for the ADR, January 2018. People from October 2017 are getting it now, so you would get it in 3 months.

Worst case scenario treats you as an application of May 31st, 2018, what I believe will not be the case if his application had a background check done and a security request in progress that they could accelerate this paperwork.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi TommySan, Thank you for sharing those infromation to us. I have sent my paper based application to the office almost 3 months, I believed i attatched all the documents. I still don't receive any mail or email from them about the AOR. I am so nervious about my application, because i need the file number to help me get a new working permit, my current post graduated working permit will expire at the end of july. do you know why it takes so long for me to get the aor?
No it does not take that long. If you have a Canada Post tracker, confirm it arrived there. Call them and give our unique client ID.

If the package is lost, you can contact Canada Post.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hi,

I have a few questions about what can impact processing time for PR application.
I made a paper application (not EE) under Economic immigration with Sask gov certificate for PR nomination.
I immigrated from US (after visa issues there) where I had spent 2 years. I am presently working in Canada on employer sponsored work permit.

Questions:
1. Is 15 - 19 months timeframe applicable to both inland and outland applications? Or being inland can make it faster?
2. Is the typical processing time a MINIMUM of 15 months? Or, should all paperwork be in place, one can get PR in less than 15 months?
3. Does having US (FBI) clearance help speed up background check part of application? I am asking this because FBI had already done one background check when I moved to US.
4. While document checklist does not ask for education evaluation (WES etc.), should I get this done to preempt any delay, if they may ask for it later?
5. Similar to 4, there is no ask for employment letters from past. Is it possible that they may ask for it later? Typically US companies do not provide experience certificate the way CIC expects it. So I need to be prepared.
6. What have been the reasons for medical red flags in your interactions with other applicants that others should be aware of?
7. if I decide to apply for open work permit, will this affect my application in any way?

Thanks
1. For both. Outland is faster.
2. Minimum 15 months.
3. Yes, but checks will still consumer time, stuff is done on paper.
4. Definitely.
5. If not a requirement for your stream, they won't ask, but past employment part of the background check.
6. Tuberculosis. Medical issues now higher than 30k costs/year (cancer) or mental health issues requiring hospitalizations.
7. No. But if your nomination is tied to an employer, you need a closed WP. If you do not need and your PR application is in an advanced stage, it will help you get the permits.

Past visa issues may delay your application depending on the reasons.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Hello, if anyone knows regarding to birth certificates on checklist in ainp pr application, did we had to send birth certificates of our kids? They were born in canada, so they have citizenship and they are not on our application. But they live with us, they are 2years snd 2 months old?
Please help
Absolutely, item 14 of the document checklist. Send ASAP.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-package-provincial-nominees.html

shelly_ksa

Oct 3, 2017
Hello guys, for those who got PNP nomination, would you know whether officers compare the information submitted to PNP to check if they are similar to the information declared in the PR appplication EE profile? Thanks!

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
I have sent my Inland Paper back PR application through PNP to Sydney on Dec 17,2018. I suspect instead of signing Schedule 4A I have just printed my name therefore most probably my entire application will be returned, and I have to re-do the entire hectic process again. Still I haven’t received any confirmation from the CIC. Please guide. :-(

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
Hello guys, for those who got PNP nomination, would you know whether officers compare the information submitted to PNP to check if they are similar to the information declared in the PR appplication EE profile? Thanks!
I think it could be possible, this should be done case by case. So if your info is too different from your pr application, you'd better correct it.

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
I have sent my Inland Paper back PR application through PNP to Sydney on Dec 17,2018. I suspect instead of signing Schedule 4A I have just printed my name therefore most probably my entire application will be returned, and I have to re-do the entire hectic process again. Still I haven’t received any confirmation from the CIC. Please guide. :-(
I think cic will let you know about it. since I see people have similar experence. or you can just call cic to make the process faster.

Btw, I wonder if you got your AOR already ? or not ?

duster

Aug 13, 2011
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
March 22/2019
AOR Received.
May 8/ 2019
Med's Request
Sep 10/2019
Med's Done....
Sep 24/2019
I think cic will let you know about it. since I see people have similar experence. or you can just call cic to make the process faster.

Btw, I wonder if you got your AOR already ? or not ?
No I haven't received AOR yet

thomashoo

Jul 16, 2018
No I haven't received AOR yet
I think if your "print" signature is a problem then you will NOT get an AOR even if some people get AOR by mistake will be cancelled after.

AOR somehow means your application passed initial complete check and proof your files meet the minimum requirements for future processes