+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YOUR M.P. OFFICE CAN GET YOUR YOUR APPLICATION MOVING.....

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Hi. Chikloo.

Your question why I have not yet contacted Mandamus as the cost of this
will be approx 5 K . Yes I have contact Bambino and I have received a reply from
law firm asking for approx 4.5 k. Am in touch with various law firm and thinking
seriously to do something as am waiting for 40 months. ( today 40 month completed. )

applied Jan. 2012. RQ 2013 March replied April 2013. Since quiet. No need for test
due to my age. Contacted several times MP same reply, contacted Minister same reply.
write to case management centre same reply... File under officer review and also need
RCMP clearance.. etc..
Thanks for the response. It is expensive. Keep trying for a less expensive lawyer. I also think you should look into representing yourself. I'm telling you if you are sure of your qualifying requirements then lawyer is not that useful. The instruction will most probably plain and simple. This will atleast light a fire under CIC to process your case. CIC will try to settle it prior to the court and will most probably ask you to withdraw Mandamus. Even if it goes to court then you can hire a lawyer.

The more you delay the more useless even Mandamus becomes CIC will anyway process yours eventually.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Can I go to another MP other than My local Mp. ? is this possible..

they are doing so due to my extensive travel and my wife and 4 children
are Canadian since 2005.

janoo

May 16, 2014
thanks for your advise just now my children and wife have given me some financial
assistance and ask me to submit my case of mandamus and hopefully within
day or two I will handover my file to any professional law firm, as I already search
earlier and have two quote from law office of Toronto and one from Edmonton.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Having wife and Canadian children doesn't help. Please consider that male applicants might experience more delays than their female applicant because CIC suspects that the husband is working overseas while his family is living in Canada.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
janoo said:

are Canadian since 2005.
Sometimes there are sensitive issues relating to the application why they do all this and there are times when its nothing - it must be your local MP but you can go to another MP which is next closest and see what happens. MPs are just MPs.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:

are Canadian since 2005.
I don't blame you for your travels. I think CIC should have a better way of tracking the physical presence residency criteria. The burden should not be on the applicant. It should be an automated system calculating and when you enter your client id it should state if you qualify or not. If the burden is with the applicant some may lie and get away without the actual qualification and the ones like us who are genuine get stuck and pay for others stupidity.

I have traveled all my life not just after migrating to Canada. Any normal person/family would do the same and not worry if they will get RQ. So go for Mandamus and get one win for our side. (RQ applicants)

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
chikloo said:
I don't blame you for your travels. I think CIC should have a better way of tracking the physical presence residency criteria. The burden should not be on the applicant. It should be an automated system calculating and when you enter your client id it should state if you qualify or not. If the burden is with the applicant some may lie and get away without the actual qualification and the ones like us who are genuine get stuck and pay for others stupidity.

I have traveled all my life not just after migrating to Canada. Any normal person/family would do the same and not worry if they will get RQ. So go for Mandamus and get one win for our side. (RQ applicants)
I agree that CIC should have better ways to track physical presence residency but the burden should still be on the applicant to prove it. CIC doesn't have the resources to track everyone. So until there is a bulletproof system and I mean, bulletproof, that allow CIC to track the applicant residency in Canada without question, the burden still remains on the applicant.

And to make it a bulletproof system, Canada needs a strict exit/entry control system that track everyone leaving and entering by boat, air and land.

janoo

May 16, 2014
It is very simple just they put exit stamp for all travelling with P.R card and entry stamp
will be easily available with CBSA record. If they really want to avoid huge papers work
applicant dump into their offices when they receive RQ..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
janoo said:
It is very simple just they put exit stamp for all travelling with P.R card and entry stamp
will be easily available with CBSA record. If they really want to avoid huge papers work
applicant dump into their offices when they receive RQ..
Yes it is simple task but an expensive and costly and time consuming endeavor to set up.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I agree that CIC should have better ways to track physical presence residency but the burden should still be on the applicant to prove it. CIC doesn't have the resources to track everyone. So until there is a bulletproof system and I mean, bulletproof, that allow CIC to track the applicant residency in Canada without question, the burden still remains on the applicant.

And to make it a bulletproof system, Canada needs a strict exit/entry control system that track everyone leaving and entering by boat, air and land.

Tracking back 4 years itself was tiring. If the burden is on applicant tracking last 6 years is going to be tougher. CIC and CBSA should track all entry and exits. The physical presence calculation can be manual like requesting a CBSA report before you apply for citizenship and then CIC can look out for it than what the applicant fills out.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
by the way got reply back via email from MPs office.

This is the reply

I have contacted CIC to follow up on the status of your Citizenship Application. Unfortunately there is no new information.
Your application was received on March 18, 2014 and it includes a Residency Questionnaire. Processing times for non-routine applications can take approximately 36 months so in your case your application is not likely to be finalized until 2017. Please be advised that there is no way for us to expedite the processing of any sort of application however we can continue to monitor the file and check on the status of the application. Please contact me in 6 months if you would like us to inquire about the status of your application at this time.

I replied back that I got the same info from call center and was hoping if MPs office could get me more info on the file. I also told them that I know the case may take 36 months to be finalized but at least knowing details on the current status rather then just the processing time will help me reduce some frustration.

Lets see what reply comes back

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
chikloo said:

This is the reply

I have contacted CIC to follow up on the status of your Citizenship Application. Unfortunately there is no new information.
Your application was received on March 18, 2014 and it includes a Residency Questionnaire. Processing times for non-routine applications can take approximately 36 months so in your case your application is not likely to be finalized until 2017. Please be advised that there is no way for us to expedite the processing of any sort of application however we can continue to monitor the file and check on the status of the application. Please contact me in 6 months if you would like us to inquire about the status of your application at this time.

I replied back that I got the same info from call center and was hoping if MPs office could get me more info on the file. I also told them that I know the case may take 36 months to be finalized but at least knowing details on the current status rather then just the processing time will help me reduce some frustration.

You said it just right with that reply you gave them.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
DAN11 said:
You said it just right with that reply you gave them.
For me, because I know who people and systems can be iI not sending any e.mails neither call - I rather go into them at least the will see the frustration on my face.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:

With the technology they got in hands these days , you reckon they are not able to track 34+ M of people ....??? :)
I really doubt it, they are able to do more than we think.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chikloo said:

This is the reply

Honestly I do not think it will take 36 months in your case. You are a relatively new applicant and these applications are being processed in lightning speed (talking about routine applicants). The 36 months timeline was true to the period when I applied , in those days even routine applicants could wait well over a year and half. But since CIC changed their system , I think going forward the timeline will be much shorter , even for non-routine cases. Somehow I can see even CIC having hard time to explain such a long timeline going forward in view of the hike in application fees and governments grants to the citizenship program.