+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YOUR M.P. OFFICE CAN GET YOUR YOUR APPLICATION MOVING.....

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Did you know that your MP office can get your application moving? Yes they can, they have access to your local office. I went to the YMCA who helped me with my application just to voice my opinion. The YMCA rep then gave me my MP office address and phone number, I went to the MP office and discuss my concerns with them and to my surprise they took my information, made up a file for me and made a call to CIC infront of me. I asked the rep if its the same number that we call they call they said no.

Further, they then said that they will call the local office later in the day as they can't call now else they won't answer. This morning I was informed by the MP office that I will need finger print and they will ask the local office supervisor why this request wasn't sent out before. The MP rep told me that they can also help with getting oath dates... You may have to go to a centre such as YMCA or any other centres similar to the YMCA for the contact information before you go to the MP office. Although you might know where your MP office is located the MP may ask you who sent you because they did asked me although I told them st8 up as I enter but they still asked. We all know anyone can go to MP office but I guess because of the nature of the subject they asked.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Did you know that your MP office can get your application moving? Yes they can, they have access to your local office. I went to the YMCA who helped me with my application just to voice my opinion. The YMCA rep then gave me my MP office address and phone number, I went to the MP office and discuss my concerns with them and to my surprise they took my information, made up a file for me and made a call to CIC infront of me. I asked the rep if its the same number that we call they call they said no.

Further, they then said that they will call the local office later in the day as they can't call now else they won't answer. This morning I was informed by the MP office that I will need finger print and they will ask the local office supervisor why this request wasn't sent out before. The MP rep told me that they can also help with getting oath dates... You may have to go to a centre such as YMCA or any other centres similar to the YMCA for the contact information before you go to the MP office. Although you might know where your MP office is located the MP may ask you who sent you because they did asked me although I told them st8 up as I enter but they still asked. We all know anyone can go to MP office but I guess because of the nature of the subject they asked.
Good luck to you. I hope it works. Most of the cases which is out of the processing times have tried their MPs with no luck. CIC will not budge for anyone. They usually take their sweet time. Please update the group if you see something positive. If so your MP is very influential or you are that lucky.

Can you also please update your timeline?

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
chikloo said:
Good luck to you. I hope it works. Most of the cases which is out of the processing times have tried their MPs with no luck. CIC will not budge for anyone. They usually take their sweet time. Please update the group if you see something positive. If so your MP is very influential or you are that lucky.

Can you also please update your timeline?
Thanks - Yes, that MP rep admin seems very influential - CIC received my application August 28th 2014, AOR sent December 5th 2014, file transferred to local office January 15, 2015 nothing after that.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Thanks - Yes, that MP rep admin seems very influential - CIC received my application August 28th 2014, AOR sent December 5th 2014, file transferred to local office January 15, 2015 nothing after that.
If you dont mind can you please let me know your MP. I'm from Scarborough southwest Dan Harris. If he is the same guy I can ask for my case too.

benk

Star Member
Jul 11, 2011
DAN11 said:
Hi DAN11,

Which local office is your appl assigned to? Thnx.

benk

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
chikloo said:
If you dont mind can you please let me know your MP. I'm from Scarborough southwest Dan Harris. If he is the same guy I can ask for my case too.
No, its not Dan Harris as I don't live in Toronto/Scarborough

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
chikloo said:
Windsor

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
Good that you are in Windsor. MPs in Toronto or Scarborough do not budge. I have seen people in this forum complain about their MPs indifference. So again hope things work out for you.

All the best.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DAN11 said:
All Windsor MPs are NDP, who you wouldn't think would have much influence with this government. The suburban (Essex County) MP is a Conservative.

AsianIndian

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does it have to be your MP or any MP should work ?
I am in Ottawa and I guess all MPs have their offices here too.
Plus does it matter if the MP is from the majority or from the opposition ? Was yours from the opposition or majority ?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alphazip said:
All Windsor MPs are NDP, who you wouldn't think would have much influence with this government. The suburban (Essex County) MP is a Conservative.
I was told by the MP office that they are a-political and have no political affiliation . So if the next election there is a change of power in the riding and a new party is elected, the MP office stays staff the same. At least this is what they said - if you believe it or not is up to you.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AsianIndian said:
Does it have to be your MP or any MP should work ?
I am in Ottawa and I guess all MPs have their offices here too.
Plus does it matter if the MP is from the majority or from the opposition ? Was yours from the opposition or majority ?
If they accept and you think you have better relationship with them then it will help. Since you are in Ottawa all MPs will have an office. Not many will have influence.