+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

My application date (online): 24th Mar
Biometrics done: 27th Mar
Medical: Done upfront

Currently the status on my profile is as below:
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar, and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that in a few days from applying this status changes to 'we are reviewing eligibility'. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.
We are on a same page
Lets hope sonmeone explain

Leonard12

Jun 26, 2018
HI Maxmathew,

Review of eligibility stays the same till you get your passports stamped. so don't worry about it. They have already reviewed your eligibility by now and your background check is in progress. That means they are doing your criminal and security check. it usually takes around a month or 2 to complete this process.

If you have any other questions. let me know.

Sharukh khan

Jan 14, 2019
HI Maxmathew,

Review of eligibility stays the same till you get your passports stamped. so don't worry about it. They have already reviewed your eligibility by now and your background check is in progress. That means they are doing your criminal and security check. it usually takes around a month or 2 to complete this process.

If you have any other questions. let me know.
I have same profile
They asked for my bank statement in feb 2019 and employment letter fro my wife last month.
But still mycic says review of your eligibility has not started yet
How come they didn’t start yet as bgc started in December
Please help

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Friends I don't know if anybody is still viewing this thread after so long, but I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out.

My name is Mathew and I am an Indian residing in UAE applying for a study permit for Sep'19 batch. I have applied along with work permit for my wife and visitor visas for my 2 kids.

My application date (online): 24th Mar
Biometrics done: 27th Mar
Medical: Done upfront

Currently the status on my profile is as below:
Application status - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

This status has been constant since 24th Mar, and it seems the eligibility review has still not started!!!! However, the background check is showing as being processed.

Does it really take this long to review eligibility? Everywhere I am reading that in a few days from applying this status changes to 'we are reviewing eligibility'. I am really getting anxious here and hope someone would be kind enough to shed some light in this matter.
Many thanks.

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
You are right. Your status will change to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' once there's further progress on your application

slmprtyl

Jun 5, 2019
Hi,

I have submitted my study permit on 3rd April, and still got nothing ever since... and i send question through

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility

Review of medical results :
You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents :
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.[/QUOTE]

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hi,

I have submitted my study permit on 3rd April, and still got nothing ever since... and i send question through
Have your file being transferred? And where you submited application

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility

Review of medical results :
You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents :
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check:

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
[/QUOTE]

slmprtyl

Jun 5, 2019
[/QUOTE]
i submitted within Canada... the usual processing time is 4 weeks, i have been waiting 11 weeks... not sure which office process my application, how to find out?

slmprtyl

Jun 5, 2019
Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Hi Guys,

Does this mean they have not started review my case or they are reviewing my case... so confused...

obinnaoji

Jun 18, 2019
Hello all,
My background check status has changed from
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" to
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

All this while, my other status are as follows:
- Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
- Review of additional documents: Not Applicable
- Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam (April 13, 2019)
- Stream is FSWP
- AOR is on March 1, 2019.

Anyone with similar stats? what should I expect next?

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hello all,
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" to
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check".

- Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
- Stream is FSWP

They’ve probably started reviewing your file. Hopefully you will get a decision before the end of this week. Did you get a ghost update or did your status change to ‘Application updated’ in your profile?
My AOR is 3rd April and my status changed to the one similar to yours on 24th April and has remained unchanged since then.
Can you please share which VO is processing your WP application? In my case is Abu Dhabi and the current processing time is showing at 8 weeks from my country. However, 12 weeks have passed and there’s no update which is getting very frustrating

Reactions: obinnaoji

Saima26

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hello all,

- Stream is FSWP

My status as like urs. but good news is 6th June i got both pre arrival email and PPR. My Review of additional documents also showed: not applicable. My application submitted on 29th October 2018.

Reactions: obinnaoji

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
My status as like urs. but good news is 6th June i got both pre arrival email and PPR. My Review of additional documents also showed: not applicable. My application submitted on 29th October 2018.

Hi Saima! Did you receive PPR for WP or PR? How long did it take to get WP approval?

obinnaoji

Jun 18, 2019
They’ve probably started reviewing your file. Hopefully you will get a decision before the end of this week. Did you get a ghost update or did your status change to ‘Application updated’ in your profile?
My AOR is 3rd April and my status changed to the one similar to yours on 24th April and has remained unchanged since then.
Can you please share which VO is processing your WP application? In my case is Abu Dhabi and the current processing time is showing at 8 weeks from my country. However, 12 weeks have passed and there’s no update which is getting very frustrating
I'm using a representative so what I know is from the screenshot they sent to me. I really can't tell if I got a ghost update or not. I don't even know where I should be looking. I also don't know which Visa Office is processing my PR application. it's PR, not WP. Good luck with your application. I'll keep you posted.