+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Aly_1986

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Hello, Dear All

As I emailed to the Visa Office London (UK) to get update regarding my visa (TRV+Work permit) application, so just now I have got the following response. So any experience with such email? still how long it will take to get PPR/Final decision?

Regarding your application for temporary entry to Canada received 19/07/18.

According to our records your application is currently under review. From the information provided it appears you will require a work permit. Once the review process has been completed you will be notified.

We confirm receipt of your biometrics result.

Please consult our website for information on processing time frames

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

You may also find answers to your questions on the on-line CIC Help Center:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/index-featured-can.asp

Please be reminded that the final decision concerning entry to Canada rests with the Canada Border Service Officer at the Port of Entry.

We trust this is of assistance to you.

Thanks

akritivad

Jul 20, 2018
I got my ITA in July 25, 2018 and i uploaded all my documents on August 08, 2018. I have yet not received any confirmation. The message reads a follows:
Medical exam passed
We will intimate you when we start your background check.
Application in progress.

When can i expect my results??

M_Ali_shahper

Apr 24, 2017
I got my ITA in July 25, 2018 and i uploaded all my documents on August 08, 2018. I have yet not received any confirmation. The message reads a follows:
Medical exam passed
Application in progress.

I have same situation ... I had applied for PR in July 2018 and now update yet ... my medical is pass as per CIC but status is that applica

phollybobo

Aug 29, 2018
Please help interpret the below: what is the meaning in terms of stage

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents Not applicable.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: farazsattar

Leonard12

Jun 26, 2018
Please help interpret the below: what is the meaning in terms of stage

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents Not applicable.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Seems like you are in Ip2 stage. This is the last stage before receiving PPR email

Reactions: farazsattar

Leonard12

Jun 26, 2018
Medical exam passed
Application in progress.

I am in a similar situation. I applied on 4/9/2018
Medical pass - 27/9/2018
Background status - your application is in progress.

Seems like we are in Ip1 stage. As per my research it only takes few hours to complete this stage. Do you think that there might be a case where our application could be in background check and Visa officer might have not updated the status ?

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello guys I'm new here on this website , can anyone helps and give me some explanations about my application . my husband sponsoring me & I want to know how long it will take , its been almost 3 months and no update for the BG . :confused: application was revised on September 15 -2017

Thank you so much

Application status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility

Review of medical results :
You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents :
The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.

Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics :
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

hi

mine also at same stage , june 12th 2018 applicant and no update , no bgc started , no aor2 , nothing after medical passed on 11th september 2018
hopw you already got your ppr and living with your partner, can you share your timeline and when you bgc started

Preet_Singh

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I am in a similar situation. I applied on 4/9/2018
Medical pass - 27/9/2018
Background status - your application is in progress.

Seems like we are in Ip1 stage. As per my research it only takes few hours to complete this stage. Do you think that there might be a case where our application could be in background check and Visa officer might have not updated the status ?
any update on your application ?