+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
I think your progress is great as well! Do you remember if the Background Check status right after MEP was “we are processing…”?
It was "in progress" for 5 weeks after MEP then it changed to "we are processing" on May 6th.

My AOR is 16 March
MEP : 25 March

Cheers!

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
It was "in progress" for 5 weeks after MEP then it changed to "we are processing" on May 6th.

My AOR is 16 March
MEP : 25 March

Cheers!
In that case, you might have a different scenario since all of us here had “We are processing…” status after MEP

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
In that case, you might have a different scenario since all of us here had “We are processing…” status after MEP
Do you happen to know what that could be ...? I came across only one other person in my situation. this is my second GU by the way, my first one changed "in progress" to "we are processing".

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I got my first Ghost update. The background changed from We are processing your background... to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. See details below.

CEC Inland - with one dependent
AOR - April 6
Bio done - Apri 27 (from 2019 - Work Permit)
Medical passed - April 27
Ghost update - May 27 (Background changed from "We are processing your background..." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Is that a good sign? Should I expect eCOPR soon?

thanks

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Do you happen to know what that could be ...? I came across only one other person in my situation. this is my second GU by the way, my first one changed "in progress" to "we are processing".
No idea tbh, did you ever call IRCC by any chance? Do you know your VO?

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
I got my first Ghost update. The background changed from We are processing your background... to Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. See details below.

CEC Inland - with one dependent
AOR - April 6
Bio done - Apri 27 (from 2019 - Work Permit)
Medical passed - April 27
Ghost update - May 27 (Background changed from "We are processing your background..." to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check")

Is that a good sign? Should I expect eCOPR soon?

thanks
I would not say the Copr is soon:p but most probably you passed the Eligibility, which in itself is a big deal

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
I would not say the Copr is soon:p but most probably you passed the Eligibility, which in itself is a big deal
Thanks for the comment!
What is the indication that this might be Eligibility? If that is the case, I'd be very happy since this concerns me more than any Background issue :)

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for the comment!
What is the indication that this might be Eligibility? If that is the case, I'd be very happy since this concerns me more than any Background issue :)
That’s what I think as well regarding Eligibility’s importance :)
The indication is that everyone here with this status (including myself, verified through GCMS notes) has passed Eligibility the moment we got this status

ceceh

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
That’s what I think as well regarding Eligibility’s importance :)
The indication is that everyone here with this status (including myself, verified through GCMS notes) has passed Eligibility the moment we got this status
Got that, thanks!

can you share your GCMS notes? sorry if you had already, I couldn't find here
Nevermind, I found the post with your info

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
No idea tbh, did you ever call IRCC by any chance? Do you know your VO?
No. Every time I try calling them, I get that "we are busy at the moment" and line cuts off. Do you know what is the best time to call? is there an easy way to reach them through the options ?

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
Been reading threads all along. Noticed that, I have never seen any inland applicants criminality in "not started" status apart from this group. Criminality says not started only for outlands. Now, that makes me worry again. :(:rolleyes:

JayPatel27

Star Member
May 4, 2021
I believe all the application with BG status "In process" has been sent to RROC for criminality and security check to share load and they already have pile of applications waiting to be processed, we just have to wait I guess.

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
I believe all the application with BG status "In process" has been sent to RROC for criminality and security check to share load and they already have pile of applications waiting to be processed, we just have to wait I guess.
just noticed another post in fb on a similar case inland applicant and these were the exact comment the person posted after speaking to ircc agent
"they said background check is two part (criminality and security) before my criminality was passed now they reversed it that what they told me
Additionally they said in most cases background check was 1st step and then eligibility but in my case my eligibility is passed and now they reversed it and they don't have any answers for this why!!!!!"

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
just noticed another post in fb on a similar case inland applicant and these were the exact comment the person posted after speaking to ircc agent
"they said background check is two part (criminality and security) before my criminality was passed now they reversed it that what they told me
Additionally they said in most cases background check was 1st step and then eligibility but in my case my eligibility is passed and now they reversed it and they don't have any answers for this why!!!!!"
Hey man, the same happened to me, but I would recommend not to worry so much about the process considering that your Eligibility is already passed :)
- My take on Criminality is that when IRCC told us it passed, they did not correcty read it since only Biometrics (part of criminality passed). I can confirm that from my GCMS notes where it said Criminality-BIO passed at the same day as MEP and not Criminality-Passed (even though PCC was recommended pass in the Eligibility notes section).
- Also, when they moved the file to RROC they let them have the decision for Background Check (since Sydney VO did NOT fully decide by themselves at that point) even though some components (including Criminality) were quite close to fully passed from before. The only question should be when will RROC start looking at our files :p as that would trigger everything into completion.

Sorry for the long post, hope it helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JayPatel27