+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check-March AOR 2021

Scs123

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
Nope. i dont think so. I just noticed in fb that someone with March 5 aor inland (2 dependents) got copr today
Ya me to, things are bit scrambled and it's actually slow and restrictions are not taken off. There might be 2 to 3 weeks delay

I_romelie_I

May 27, 2021
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check what do you guys think about my timeline and process, because I received 2 GU in the last few weeks, and I'm wondering if maybe I'm closer to getting the COPR anytime soon. Just curious;)

CEC Inland - One dependent also inland
AOR: March 3
Medicals passed: March 17 (First update, I received an email)
Biometrics: Exempted (done for my WP and my husband SP in March 2020)
1st GU: April 21 (no email, just Application/Profile updated when I logged in)
2nd GU: May 20 (no email, just Application/Profile updated when I logged in)

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: March 17, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I tried to call the IRCC on Tuesday and yesterday but it's impossible to reach out to an agent due to the high volume of calls they're receiving.

Let me know your thoughts!

huxing0522

Dec 14, 2019
Halifax
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-03-2021
Med's Done....
23-03-2021
LANDED..........
16-08-2021
Can't see anything just from account appearance,sorry bro.But there were GUs they meaned someone opened your files,it's a good progress.

amudgal07

Dec 24, 2020
I don’t think we have same situations regarding the status. Unless, at some point, your background check status showed “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check”
Yes, it stated so earlier and was changed in April sometime.

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hey @casualgamer , do you know when your Background Check status changed from “We are processing…” into “Your application is in progress… “? (i.e. the initial status change after MEP)
Hey @Vancitybh

my BG status changed to "We are processing..." after MEP at some point and it remained the same. I got GU today and it still remains the same.

Last edited:

casualgamer

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
@casualgamer It seems you never had your application is in progress background check status.
I looked at my post history and it looks like it changed from "
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" ---->
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

around May 6th. Today, I got a 2nd GU on the portal and the status remains" we are processing". @itspossible9 Do you think it is a good sign?

Last edited:

gargeedesai

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
I just received a ghost update and my Background check status changed to "Your application is in the process...." what does that mean? My AOR is March 8th and I didn't receive any updates after the medical pass and biometrics.

Scs123

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
I looked at my post history and it looks it changed from "
"Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check" ---->
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

around May 6th. Today, I got a GU on the portal and the status remains" we are processing". @itspossible9 Do you think it is a good sign?
Probably all stages passed, waiting for final decision

Reactions: casualgamer

morpheusmx

Apr 17, 2021
I just received a ghost update and my Background check status changed to "Your application is in the process...." what does that mean? My AOR is March 8th and I didn't receive any updates after the medical pass and biometrics.
All i can say is, WELCOME TO THE CLUB. :cool:

Scs123

Star Member
Jun 25, 2020
What was it before

Vancitybh

Star Member
Sep 26, 2020
Hey @Vancitybh

my BG status changed to "We are processing..." after MEP at some point and it remained the same. I got GU today and it still remains the same.
I looked at my post history and it looks like it changed from "

around May 6th. Today, I got a 2nd GU on the portal and the status remains" we are processing". @itspossible9 Do you think it is a good sign?
I think your progress is great as well! Do you remember if the Background Check status right after MEP was “we are processing…”?