+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Your action is required." after completing biometrics

hazepas

Feb 5, 2020
My father is the primary applicant while my mother is secondary. They both went for their biometrics at VFS Manila on Feb. 18, 2020. My mother's application shows that it's already "submitted" and the biometrics "completed." As for my father's application, it shows that "action is required" and there is no status regarding his biometrics. There is no new email sent either advising if there's any action required. Is it normal that my father's as the primary application will remain pending until a decision has been made? I assume that it should at least state that his biometrics is already completed.

Anybody experienced this? Thank you.

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Yes, I am, after 10 days I have submitted I received a letter saying a should do my biometrics again as the first set had "poor result".

hazepas

Feb 5, 2020
Yes, I am, after 10 days I have submitted I received a letter saying a should do my biometrics again as the first set had "poor result".
My parents got the approval only after 4 days after biometrics. Apparently, that part that says "action is required" was for their passport submission. I emailed VFS and the reply advised that they were awaiting for the passport to be submitted. Thank you for your reply!

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
That is great! I am still waiting an update... I have done the second biometrics yesterday... let's see what will happen :)

Smmrn

Apr 10, 2021
Hi, its almost 14 days that i have given my biometrics. Still showing your action required. They didnt ask me to do again?
I have checked in the website that you told me, its showing valid over there. But not completed in the account.

ceuazul

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hi, its almost 14 days that i have given my biometrics. Still showing your action required. They didnt ask me to do again?
I have checked in the website that you told me, its showing valid over there. But not completed in the account.
I think mine was like this until I received the AIP (that was a pre approval last year because of the pandemic). It took few months to update, sorry it has been a long time, can't remember properly, but if it says it is valid, so I think it is all good. They take their time to update the status in the GC Keys, and it can vary from person to person, so don't worry! :) Good luck!

Smmrn

Apr 10, 2021
I think mine was like this until I received the AIP (that was a pre approval last year because of the pandemic). It took few months to update, sorry it has been a long time, can't remember properly, but if it says it is valid, so I think it is all good. They take their time to update the status in the GC Keys, and it can vary from person to person, so don't worry! :) Good luck!
Thanks for the help.